What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maine Officials Investigates Restaurant That Calmed Lobsters With Marijuana

armedoldhippy

Veteran
baking before boiling sounds legit to me. "boiling water? garlic butter? hey, why not try it, could be fun!" crazy crustaceans...:biggrin:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
This gave me a flashback to when I was hanging out with a bunch of lobsters getting high, passing the spliff with their huge claws around, laughing and joking - generally having a wild time....

....so many memories within hallucinations.....lol

Bumbatar

If they don't want the lobsters to feel pain the should just use a spring loaded window punch on the top to the head before cooking.

1Pcs-font-b-Tool-b-font-Broken-font-b-window-b-font-font-b-Punch-b.jpg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
In the olden days - when a person was condemned, they were always allowed to have that last smoke/toke...

Maybe we should extend that last rite to the lobsters - before they get window punched in the head.

Klompen

This gave me a flashback to when I was hanging out with a bunch of lobsters getting high, passing the spliff with their huge claws around, laughing and joking - generally having a wild time....

....so many memories within hallucinations.....lol

Acid sure is fun stuff lol

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah, can be kinda freaky too when some Lobster Thread on a stoner/growers forum triggers a Lobster smoke - out flash-back, 40 years later....lol

*Ever seen a Lobster handle a bong?

Seriously, I reckon the Lobsters would prefer to be high before, during and after that final moment.

Acid sure is fun stuff lol

therevverend

Veteran
Smoked lobster...ganja butter...yum.

One thing everybody seems to have missed. Lobsters don't have lungs. They don't breathe. They don't explain how they got the lobsters high.

Lobsters have gills. They can absorb oxygen through the gills, kind of, if the gills stay cool and moist. Meaning covered in wet cold towels.

Another stupid waste of taxpayer money...

Green Squall

I think they've accomplished what they set out to do and that is to get people talking about their restaurant. Free publicity is the best publicity. I've read this story on many different news outlets in the last week.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Ive cooked literally tons of lobsters over the years. Never heard one scream yet.

You can hypnotize a lobster by standing it on its head and curling its tail. Hold it in place until it is calm and the thing just stays there in that position for a while.

geneva_sativa

Ive cooked literally tons of lobsters over the years. Never heard one scream yet.

You can hypnotize a lobster by standing it on its head and curling its tail. Hold it in place until it is calm and the thing just stays there in that position for a while.

but can you hypnotize them to make you flapjacks ?

that's what I wanna know

Klompen

Yeah, can be kinda freaky too when some Lobster Thread on a stoner/growers forum triggers a Lobster smoke - out flash-back, 40 years later....lol

*Ever seen a Lobster handle a bong?

Seriously, I reckon the Lobsters would prefer to be high before, during and after that final moment.

No I can't say I Have ever seen a lobster handling a bong! Looks like you've given me a new item for my bucket list right after item number 1: "Make a bucket list"

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I tend to agree. Anyone who serves food to the public is supposed to have training regarding proper food handling via ServeSafe and HACCP.
Smoking out the lobsters is adulterating a product. A form of contamination. They know better, hopefully. Otherwise who knows what's going on in that kitchen.

I think they've accomplished what they set out to do and that is to get people talking about their restaurant. Free publicity is the best publicity. I've read this story on many different news outlets in the last week.

troutman

Seed Whore
I tend to agree. Anyone who serves food to the public is supposed to have training regarding proper food handling via ServeSafe and HACCP.
Smoking out the lobsters is adulterating a product. A form of contamination. They know better, hopefully. Otherwise who knows what's going on in that kitchen.

How many times have you been adulterated in the past week? :laughing: