Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Female Seeds > WV's Outdoor Critical/Chem

Thread Title Search
Click for great cannabis genetics at Female Seeds!
WV's Outdoor Critical/Chem Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-18-2018, 01:26 AM #41
wvkindbud38
Elite Growers Club

wvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy7 View Post
Driving down thru the mountains from Ohio down to N.C. Was something to see those old mountains. It'd be cool to grow up there but they sure do got some old timey religious laws around there. Softer terreign than the rockies or west states but still rough enough that nobody is up there much.

Yes these old school laws are so tiring. I'd love to have a 4 plant rec limit. Are Mtns are so thick and dense is what's so bad....there pretty steep but not like the Adiriondecks in the North east and def not like the Rockies. I'm in a valley with towering Mtns on each side....in the bottom of the valley you don't get much wind or air circulation. I guess it's like any other outdoor grow. We all got our obstacles to over come. I'm a indoor grower by heart, done almost 20 yrs indoor up around Chicago. Like I was saying I'd run some plants around corn fields up there but not the large scale I'm doing this yr. Between containers and guerilla plants I'm in the 75+ range. I've got around 30 fems in my container plot and I'm not sure about my guerilla stuff I haven't checked the sex on most yet. I definatly feel Female Seeds Critical Sour can handle a guerilla grow. I'm really impressed with these CS ladies. I still think the Chem OG are gonna catch fire soon !!!! I've got some things to do tomorrow but I'll get pics or everything and update the grow. Kinda let everybody know what's going on. I'll get into the nutes I'm feeding and all the things I'm doing. Again just extremely happy to grow for the female seeds guys. These guys were around before the seed company boom....yes Female Seeds are one of the older guys on the block now still producing top quality strains. These Critical Sour & Chem OG would be a great choice for anybody to grow. Don't sleep on Female Seeds I promise to show a few good plants from these fine genetics.
wvkindbud38 is offline Quote

Old 07-18-2018, 09:55 AM #42
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy7 View Post
Softer terreign than the rockies or west states but still rough enough that nobody is up there much.
its not so much a problem that people find it, but the deer eating it...stupid deer!

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2018, 12:53 PM #43
wvkindbud38
Elite Growers Club

wvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by armedoldhippy View Post
its not so much a problem that people find it, but the deer eating it...stupid deer!
Yea I'm hoping to avoid the deer. I may have left this out friend so I'm glad you brought it up. Well for 1. This grow is a container grow that's pretty close to home. Yes they are on a hillside that's along the Mtn line.

Ok here's what I'm doing to hopefully keep the deer away. I've got moth balls around all the plants. I've got human urine around each plant....putting fresh out at least once a wk maybe more so far. Also been using a deer&rabbit repellent spray from Walmart. It's so horrible smelling this stuff....omg. Also have a cup of beer around plants for snails and slugs. I've sprayed the deer repellent once a wk. And for insect were using 3-1 neem fungicide spray, 3-1 Bayer fungicide, and a diamouctoceas and water mix. I spray for insects about 2-3 times a wk. I rotate the different stuff at the time. There's deer everywhere.....I have different plants I'm guerilla growing I'm using the same technique. It's working so far as I have one plot right in a deer thicket and heavy trail. I'm not caging any of the CS and Chem OG at the moment, I have caging but don't think it's gonna be needed hopefully, I'm really trying to keep the deer pushed away from my containers and this grow.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:51 PM #44
EvergreenState

EvergreenState has much to be proud ofEvergreenState has much to be proud ofEvergreenState has much to be proud ofEvergreenState has much to be proud ofEvergreenState has much to be proud ofEvergreenState has much to be proud ofEvergreenState has much to be proud ofEvergreenState has much to be proud ofEvergreenState has much to be proud ofEvergreenState has much to be proud ofEvergreenState has much to be proud of
I'd be careful using so much insecticide. The Bayer should be enough. Follow the bottle directions for application rates. Using three different types and applying as often as you are, could lead to a toxic situation; for the plant or whoever consumes it. It sounds like overkill to me.
Political zealotry makes one blind to sincere human emotions.
A socially inept man created the world's largest social networking site and is telling the world what is social.
EvergreenState is offline Quote

Old 07-19-2018, 06:07 AM #45
wvkindbud38
Elite Growers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvergreenState View Post
I'd be careful using so much insecticide. The Bayer should be enough. Follow the bottle directions for application rates. Using three different types and applying as often as you are, could lead to a toxic situation; for the plant or whoever consumes it. It sounds like overkill to me.
Thanks friend....we've been getting lots of heavy rain and I'm also tending to 40 some guerilla plants I'm kinda rotating different insecticides. I spray around my plants and there containers to try to stay ahead of things. Thanks for the advice and help. I'll definatly be careful.....I mix my solution VERY weak. I think I'm about 1/3 strength. The insects will eat the leaves off around here. After the rains it seems the insects get crazy and are everywhere

Old 07-20-2018, 04:23 PM #46
EvergreenState

EvergreenState has much to be proud ofEvergreenState has much to be proud ofEvergreenState has much to be proud ofEvergreenState has much to be proud ofEvergreenState has much to be proud ofEvergreenState has much to be proud ofEvergreenState has much to be proud ofEvergreenState has much to be proud ofEvergreenState has much to be proud ofEvergreenState has much to be proud ofEvergreenState has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvkindbud38 View Post
Thanks friend....we've been getting lots of heavy rain and I'm also tending to 40 some guerilla plants I'm kinda rotating different insecticides. I spray around my plants and there containers to try to stay ahead of things. Thanks for the advice and help. I'll definatly be careful.....I mix my solution VERY weak. I think I'm about 1/3 strength. The insects will eat the leaves off around here. After the rains it seems the insects get crazy and are everywhere
I
agree that the climate around here is perfect for insects and molds. I figured you knew what you were doing since you are used to growing around here. I had never seen anyone use 3 insecticides and apply as frequently as you had. It just kind of worried me a bit.
Best of luck.
Political zealotry makes one blind to sincere human emotions.
A socially inept man created the world's largest social networking site and is telling the world what is social.
EvergreenState is offline Quote

Old 07-20-2018, 08:28 PM #47
wvkindbud38
Elite Growers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvergreenState View Post
I
agree that the climate around here is perfect for insects and molds. I figured you knew what you were doing since you are used to growing around here. I had never seen anyone use 3 insecticides and apply as frequently as you had. It just kind of worried me a bit.
Best of luck.
I've mainly just hit these Female strains with the 3-1 neem fungicide spray but a time or 2 I've mixed a lil diamiamoutous with the neem. I still been use a very weak solution. I've never sprayed anything 3x a week. I've been out spraying about 2-3 times a week to get all my guerilla plants and everything. I've not sprayed these Female plants but about once a week maybe 2x times one week....there only about 1 mounth old from seed now. That's another reason I've mixed the solution so weak on these plants. So to confuse anybody but no I've not sprayed these 3x a week....more like once a week. I'll have to check the notes but I think 3x since they have been started. I do spray the ground and around the container and stuff good. But I'll definatly keep a check on them

Old 07-24-2018, 01:38 PM #48
Female Seeds
Vendor

Female Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really nice
Quote:
Yes Mr. B you make a great point on different pot size. Just the 1 seedling in a 16oz cup was a lot smaller than the other 5 in 20oz cups lol. But yes the CS is very stout, study, compact, seems like it's gonna be bushy. These plants are very vigorous and fast growing...kinda why I call the outdoor beasts, because I feel there gonna be great outdoor plants. But yea the all seem uniform, like you said compact. I managed to salvage 2 of the Chem OG like I was saying. There starting to get going now....just a bit slower coming back from the rain when they was younger. I have 1 in about a 35gal grow pot, the other is in a 15gal grow pot. The other 2 Chem OG just never come back fast enough. If we had time I could've prolly saved them. But we got 8 total....6 Critical Sour & 2 Chem OG. Yes these were started from seed in mid June. This wasn't our plan, but were putting worth the $ and effort just like I would if I did start them in Mar-Apr. I'm taking this grow 100% serious....soil, American Pride, Marine Cuisine, Mykos, all the other stuff it's not cheap to grow in large containers. Just want everybody to know I'm not half-assing this grow. I'm doing everything normal, just like I always do/would. The last 1-2 of the CS I transplant got some fertilizer that accidentally dripped on the leaves. I water some plants and was moving them around and the water dripped on some of the younger CS. I removed what leaves I needed on those. They seem to be recovering pretty nicely. But the 6 CS are in 30+gal containers down to a 5gal bucket. The 30 gal pots are closer to 35 really...basically are my pots are 3-5gal larger than I've listed. But I think there's 2- 30gal, 1- 20gal, 2- 10gal, and a 5gal bucket to make up the 6 total CS. And 35gal Chem OG, and a 15gal to make up those 2.....total of 8 !!!! Everybody just hang in there and give this grow a chance. We'll have a few nice plants guys. We got a good chance here to show some different growth rates in different size containers. Just because I didn't start in Feb doesn't mean I'm throwing in the towel on the outdoor season. I've started many plants in these Mtns when I was younger that didn't make it out until June and they done fine. Keep in mind I can easily grow into late Oct. Be pateint guys these plants will do ok. Again we not planning to start this grow late, that's just how it turned out. It's nobody fault but were still gonna grow them even if the yield may not be the same as a plant 3mths older lol.

I'll get some pics of these ladies up the next few days. There doing great !!!! I'm very happy to grow these out for the fine fine guys at Female Seeds. I'm gonna give it all I got and then some. Let's have some fun guys it is what it is. We'll do the best we can/ outdoors is always a crap shoot in the Appalachia Mtns. This isn't north Cali/ south Oregon so don't expect that.
Very well said my friend
The late start was no one's fault and in any case, better late than never.

So, at this right moment, in total you have 6 Critical Sour and 2 Chem OG, am I right?

Quote:
Yes these old school laws are so tiring. I'd love to have a 4 plant rec limit. Are Mtns are so thick and dense is what's so bad....there pretty steep but not like the Adiriondecks in the North east and def not like the Rockies. I'm in a valley with towering Mtns on each side....in the bottom of the valley you don't get much wind or air circulation. I guess it's like any other outdoor grow. We all got our obstacles to over come. I'm a indoor grower by heart, done almost 20 yrs indoor up around Chicago. Like I was saying I'd run some plants around corn fields up there but not the large scale I'm doing this yr. Between containers and guerilla plants I'm in the 75+ range. I've got around 30 fems in my container plot and I'm not sure about my guerilla stuff I haven't checked the sex on most yet. I definatly feel Female Seeds Critical Sour can handle a guerilla grow. I'm really impressed with these CS ladies. I still think the Chem OG are gonna catch fire soon !!!! I've got some things to do tomorrow but I'll get pics or everything and update the grow. Kinda let everybody know what's going on. I'll get into the nutes I'm feeding and all the things I'm doing. Again just extremely happy to grow for the female seeds guys. These guys were around before the seed company boom....yes Female Seeds are one of the older guys on the block now still producing top quality strains. These Critical Sour & Chem OG would be a great choice for anybody to grow. Don't sleep on Female Seeds I promise to show a few good plants from these fine genetics.
Too kind WV, thanks for the lovely words

About the Chem OG...the fact that is not a real Outdoor plant is probably the reason of the "delay", she will catch up later for sure But I guess that the Chem OG is probably needier than the Critical S. in an outdoor environment. Or are you giving both strains same quantity of nuts and so on?

Thanks for the continous updates my friend, much appreciated.

Take care,
Mr B.

Old 07-24-2018, 07:28 PM #49
wvkindbud38
Elite Growers Club

Yes we've got 6 Critical Sour and 2 Chem OG. However 2 of the Critical Sour are very small and not doing that great. We've had just tons and tons of heavy rains guys. I'm surprised these ladies are doing so well....the other 4 Critical Sour are doing great. And the 2 Chem OG have finally started to kinda get going even despite all the rains.

On the nutes I've gave both the same amounts so far. I'm not measuring EC but the same measurements for both. Right now I've only used fish fertilizer and a 3 part Alaska natural fertilizer. There's a calcium magnesium one and a micro/macro nute based one along with another high N. As always I mix maxicrop seaweed into most all my Veg nutes. I've done a few fertilizer session so far....I think 2-3 plus the rain has been giving us a heavy flush. Don't forget the soil is mixed up with American Pride, Marine Cuisine, a generous amount of earthworm castings plus the soil has castings also. Sorry I haven't updated the pics I'll try to get some. It's looking like rain today so maybe tomorrow I can get pics. But I'll get some pics of these nutes I'm using. It's just the Alaskan stuff you can get at Walmart/lowes.....plus what my soil has mixed in.

Another note were getting into the early early part of flowering around here. These plants aren't really showing yet but I have some other strains out in some guerilla spots that's a lot more mature and there really starting to show!!!!

realgorillaclothing.com

WVs Outdoor Critical/Chem grow !!!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=354027

WVs Outdoor RealGorilla strains
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=355383

Old 07-30-2018, 08:34 AM #50
wvkindbud38
Elite Growers Club

Ok guys I'll go over the nutes I'm using. Besides the soil having Marine Cuisine & American Pride, earthworm castings as suggested. I'm using the Alaskan Natural stuff...Fish Fertilizer, Grow, Micro/Macro, and the Calmagnesium that's 4 different bottles. I've only fertilized these ladies a few times. The first time I mix everything half strength as suggested. After seeing everything is good I bumped up the last couple feelings. So this last time I mix as suggested. I've replaced the Grow with Bloom now. I've feed maybe 4 times and I rotate the Micro/Macro stuff with the Calmagnesium stuff. So every other time or so I switch them back and fourth. I also add maxicrop seaweed 1teaspoon to my mix. But now I'm easing away from the Fish & Grow and putting more Bloom into the mix. It's hard to give exact measures because I'm changing things a lil more or less or this and that. Now I'm getting into the bloom pharse things will be less changing once I get the N to be less into the mix. I know it's confusing but when there young I'd never go over 1/4-1/2 strength with these nutes. These are kinda hard on young plants so be careful if using. I'm posting some pics. I'm sorry most of them I took are turned sideways. I'll get more uploaded

realgorillaclothing.com

WVs Outdoor Critical/Chem grow !!!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=354027

WVs Outdoor RealGorilla strains
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=355383