Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Micro Grows > Best humidifier for a micro grow

Thread Title Search
Best humidifier for a micro grow Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-09-2018, 11:19 AM #1
FarmerGreen

FarmerGreen is on a distinguished road
Best humidifier for a micro grow

Anyone got any reccomendations for a small humidifier. I'd love to be able to find one I could use for a long time without refilling.
I'm not sure if you can get little ones that are plumbed in, maybe they could be modified.
Any suggestions are welcome

Old 09-09-2018, 12:02 PM #2
Lost in a SOG

Lost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud of
I use the pro breeze 3.8l ones in small spaces with an inkbird humidity controller.. Used them for years without a controller though just adjusting by hand.

That's my suggestion.
Lost in a SOG is offline Quote

Old 09-09-2018, 12:41 PM #3
FarmerGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in a SOG View Post
I use the pro breeze 3.8l ones in small spaces with an inkbird humidity controller.. Used them for years without a controller though just adjusting by hand.

That's my suggestion.
How long does it last before needing a refill?
FarmerGreen is offline Quote

Old 09-09-2018, 01:54 PM #4
Switcher56
Confortably numb!

Switcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerGreen View Post
How long does it last before needing a refill?
3.8l worth JK I simply couldn't resist. In a sealed environment 5-7 days

Last edited by Switcher56; 09-09-2018 at 05:49 PM.. Reason: spelling
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 09-10-2018, 04:30 AM #5
doams

doams is a glorious beacon of lightdoams is a glorious beacon of lightdoams is a glorious beacon of lightdoams is a glorious beacon of lightdoams is a glorious beacon of lightdoams is a glorious beacon of lightdoams is a glorious beacon of lightdoams is a glorious beacon of lightdoams is a glorious beacon of lightdoams is a glorious beacon of lightdoams is a glorious beacon of light
those humudifiers are pain gotta clean them daily coz bad things will start to grow eat and shit in there then it goes into air you breathe..

Old 09-10-2018, 11:13 AM #6
FarmerGreen

I've devised a full ghetto solution.

I read somewhere about increasing humidity by sticking a towel in a vessel of water and leaving a bunch of the towel out of the vessel and exposed to the air. Water wicks up the towel and then evaporates into the atmosphere.

I did that but then wrapped part of the exposed towel around my tropf blumat watering ceramic so now as the towel dries it gets dripped on by the ceramic.

It's plumbed into the watering reservoir so should be able to go for ages.

It seems to have lifted my humidity from 25-30% up to about 55%, so I'm pretty pleased so far
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01901a9d308f174076409cdf5488070caba8f7c159.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	468780

Old 09-10-2018, 11:36 AM #7
Lost in a SOG

Lost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by doams View Post
those humudifiers are pain gotta clean them daily coz bad things will start to grow eat and shit in there then it goes into air you breathe..
once every 2-3 months maybe, unless you have them in bright light which I suppose might grow stuff quicker in there. I covered mine anyway..

Full it takes from 2-5 days to empty depending on the RH you are trying t correct.

The towel technique is innovative but will definitely grow mold on it after a short while.
Lost in a SOG is offline Quote

Old 09-10-2018, 11:39 AM #8
FarmerGreen

how Are those little humidifiers powered? Is it possible to plug them into a humidity regulator so it is automatic?

Old 09-10-2018, 01:36 PM #9
Switcher56
Confortably numb!

Switcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant future
Yes
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 09-11-2018, 02:44 AM #10
Dropped Cat
Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch

Dropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant future
I hang a moist kitchen towel in the box.
Change it out when I water the plants.

Adds up to 15%