Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Cuttings & Propagation Techniques > Slymer - Chernobyl clone-only

Thread Title Search
Slymer - Chernobyl clone-only Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-15-2018, 02:03 AM #1
frostqueen

frostqueen is just really nicefrostqueen is just really nicefrostqueen is just really nicefrostqueen is just really nicefrostqueen is just really nicefrostqueen is just really nicefrostqueen is just really nicefrostqueen is just really nicefrostqueen is just really nicefrostqueen is just really nicefrostqueen is just really nice
Slymer - Chernobyl clone-only

Has anyone here had a chance to work with Slymer? I just picked it up.

It's of disputed origin (what a surprise); said in most places to be a select cut of Chernobyl with a strong lemon/lime terp profile. Also said to be Chernobyl x Golden Ticket, which is another Chernobyl phenotype. This is definitely not the Slimer OG.

Did a search, was surprised to not see it discussed yet here.
frostqueen is offline Quote

Old 04-16-2018, 01:49 AM #2
frostqueen

frostqueen is just really nicefrostqueen is just really nicefrostqueen is just really nicefrostqueen is just really nicefrostqueen is just really nicefrostqueen is just really nicefrostqueen is just really nicefrostqueen is just really nicefrostqueen is just really nicefrostqueen is just really nicefrostqueen is just really nice
Guess I'll bump this once. I may just have to grow it out and report back here.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:17 AM #3
Harry Ballzonya

Harry Ballzonya will become famous soon enoughHarry Ballzonya will become famous soon enough
I was under the impression golden ticket and slymer cut was one and the same. I'm not completely sure. I have a cross of golden ticket that i grew outdoors last year for the first time. It was a branchy bush that yielded heavy and smelled extremely strong. The smoke was lemon leaning, i dusted it with some pollen from a catpiss moontang x sourbubble male and excited to see the results this season.
Harry Ballzonya is offline Quote

Old 04-19-2018, 07:32 AM #4
Stickybred420

Stickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really nice
ive seen pics of this cut on ig. golden ticket and slymer are indeed one in the same as far as I have been able to find out. its a gorgeous plant. not a great yielder. super fat ass calyxes with an insane amount of trichs. has needle thin leaves also fully caked out in frost. its gnar. apparently it has an incredibly strong lime smell. I have heard the lime smell is not uncommon in the line though. funny enough im actually growing some Chernobyl from seed atm. im glad theres a thread about this cut. I was trying to look it up a few weeks ago. hopefully we can get some good discussion going!
Stickybred420 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:07 AM #5
Happy Times

Happy Times is just really niceHappy Times is just really niceHappy Times is just really niceHappy Times is just really niceHappy Times is just really niceHappy Times is just really niceHappy Times is just really niceHappy Times is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickybred420 View Post
ive seen pics of this cut on ig. golden ticket and slymer are indeed one in the same as far as I have been able to find out. its a gorgeous plant. not a great yielder. super fat ass calyxes with an insane amount of trichs. has needle thin leaves also fully caked out in frost. its gnar. apparently it has an incredibly strong lime smell. I have heard the lime smell is not uncommon in the line though. funny enough im actually growing some Chernobyl from seed atm. im glad theres a thread about this cut. I was trying to look it up a few weeks ago. hopefully we can get some good discussion going!

Haven’t done this cut but did have the chance to do a cut of Chernobyl in the backyard, from a buddy’s seed pop. Caterpillars really liked this lady for some reason. Definitely a lot similar to the description above, thin leaves, lighter side on yield- she was an insane vegger but the flowers were popcorn-y. A lime and slightly peppery flavor (Trainwreck!) with a hint of sweet fruit (Jack the Ripper?) on the finish. Dig the high- leaning towards the cerebral side but nicely balanced. I’m curious what the straight Trinity that went into this was like.

Last edited by Happy Times; 01-09-2019 at 07:59 AM..
Happy Times is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-22-2018, 11:50 PM #6
frostqueen

Hey guys, thanks for the responses. I've grown out Chernobyl seeds, too. Really a nice strain, but my keeper just wasn't very limey. Some of the heaviest resin I've ever seen, tho, and same thin leaves described above.

Here is the local farm that this cutting came from. They seem to think it's the same as Golden Ticket, too. I like that name better for sure.

I'll let you guys know how it goes. She's waiting in line for a trial, but I have 20 other things ahead of her, so...

That's one thing that will improve when I retire from flower production this fall due to zero demand: I will be able to test so many different things at once instead of this monocrop bullshit.

Old 01-08-2019, 03:33 PM #7
Harry Ballzonya

Harry Ballzonya will become famous soon enoughHarry Ballzonya will become famous soon enough
I loved this strain, only downsides that I found were the ones mentioned above. I used them in an outdoor grow and they grew into gigantic frost covered bushes. Not very pest resistant and got touches of mould, the buds weren't gigantic but definitely not popcorn, and the leaves on mine were sativa leaning but not "thin leafed" cultivator, at least not by my standards. I'll go look and see if I can find any pics an post in this thread for you guys.
Harry Ballzonya is offline Quote