Beautiful plant! Thanks for sharing! And hey... you gotta screw some shit up to learn, unfortunately... So this just makes you a better grower in the end. Nice job recovering from your mishap! Looked to be a close call!
Having a couple ways to check the PH is always good as well, just to make sure as meters can loose calibration and go bad, etc. You can always go analog and buy the little tester kit from GH or whoever and those readings never lie. After awhile you will just know what your PH is in your mixtures without even looking it as long as all conditions stay the same... I love DWC buckets though! They're great for the detailed, OCD type personality who needs to know what's happening at all times... Soil, not so much... But I still run Pro mix, but soon converting to full DWC because there are just too many positives over soil for me personally.
- No soil to buy or dispose
- No soil bugs
- No guessing what's happening in your medium.
- Don't have to water every 2-4 days.. Can actually go on a trip for a week with zero worries
- Visually inspect the whole plant through out its life.
- Problems can be fixed faster then soil.
- More control over what the plant is eating.
The list goes on for me... The only sucky part is the res change, really.. the rest is like stupid simple.. Once the ph locks... you are golden!