Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Female Seeds > Test Grows > A couple of injured Critical Sour and Outdoor Grape

Thread Title Search
A couple of injured Critical Sour and Outdoor Grape Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-09-2018, 01:00 AM #1
Quiet_Riot

Quiet_Riot is just really niceQuiet_Riot is just really niceQuiet_Riot is just really niceQuiet_Riot is just really niceQuiet_Riot is just really niceQuiet_Riot is just really niceQuiet_Riot is just really niceQuiet_Riot is just really niceQuiet_Riot is just really nice
Critical Sour and Outdoor Grape

Greetings ICMag

I was gifted these seeds to be tested, I'm thankful for the favor and maybe to be able to show something of value.

Unfortunately I gave them a hard start, leaving them outside. I usually nurture seedlings. They seem to have weakened/broken stems. One is standing upright, I hope they gather strength. We'll see ^_^
I did see bird droppings in one of the containers, they might have broken them. I learn everyday...

The soil isn't as dry as the top layer indicates

See you soon - hopefully with better news
Quiet_Riot is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:30 PM #2
Quiet_Riot

Quiet_Riot is just really niceQuiet_Riot is just really niceQuiet_Riot is just really niceQuiet_Riot is just really niceQuiet_Riot is just really niceQuiet_Riot is just really niceQuiet_Riot is just really niceQuiet_Riot is just really niceQuiet_Riot is just really nice

And from yesterday, she's growing pretty fast, just a shame none of the 7 other made it, this is the sole survivor unfortunately. I hope she gets big 😉

Old 06-01-2018, 10:48 AM #3
Quiet_Riot

She needs a transplant, really strong genetics, stemrub reaks of deep dank grapefruit funk, meats and such. Really promising

Old 06-02-2018, 07:57 PM #4
Quiet_Riot

New shoes for the Outdoor Grapefruit lady

And a couple of Critical Sour and Outdoor Grapefruit

Peace

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:33 AM #5
Female Seeds
Vendor

Female Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really nice
Hey QR!

Hope everything's fine with you
Sorry for the late entry...but here I am eventually.
First of all, thanks a lot for running these genetics, much appreciated. As you already know, the Critical Sour is an extremely new strain, so I am really looking forward to seeing how she will develop at your latitude.

I can tell you that she is a real fast grower, compared to other strains she grows at a total different speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet_Riot View Post
View Image

She needs a transplant, really strong genetics, stemrub reaks of deep dank grapefruit funk, meats and such. Really promising

Quote:
New shoes for the Outdoor Grapefruit lady
View Image

And a couple of Critical Sour and Outdoor Grapefruit
View Image

Peace
I see that besides a tricky beginning you are back on track! Great, great news!
Wish you all the best with these new batch, it will be fun to observe!

Take care,
Mr B.

Old 06-06-2018, 01:27 AM #6
Quiet_Riot

Greetings, Mr. B

Thank you for joining me here
Critical Sour is quick, you say? I love that, I hope we get a nice and sunny 3-4 months so they can show what theyre made of.

I'm already very impressed with Outdoor Grapefruits speed, she just keeps on pushing after the transplant, I'm a little in doubt whether to top her or not, we'll see... The scent from the stem also keeps getting better, reminds me a bit of afghans/kushes.

Old 06-11-2018, 11:15 AM #7
Female Seeds
Vendor

Female Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really nice
Quick indeed. Personally, I planted a few Critical S. together with other strains and to be honest with you the Critical Sours are already quite some steps (like 20 centimeters or more) ahead of the others.

I would top some and others not, just to experiment and see the difference. That would be interesting to observe too

Take care,
Mr B.

Quote:
Greetings, Mr. B

Thank you for joining me here
Critical Sour is quick, you say? I love that, I hope we get a nice and sunny 3-4 months so they can show what theyre made of.

I'm already very impressed with Outdoor Grapefruits speed, she just keeps on pushing after the transplant, I'm a little in doubt whether to top her or not, we'll see... The scent from the stem also keeps getting better, reminds me a bit of afghans/kushes.

Old 06-12-2018, 11:33 PM #8
Quiet_Riot

Only 4 seems to want to sprout.
I've given approximately 40 seeds the same care/treatment for sprouting, for example all 10 of some Greenpoint genetics sprouted, all of my own hacks sprouted, but the Female Seeds doesn't quite like it. Greenpoint weighs their seeds, which seems to work out well.

It's not the best soil I use, it might get too tight/heavy when watering, maybe some added coco fiber and perlite would help, I just can't afford anything at the moment.

At least half came up.
I'm sorry for not being able to get them all to sprout, but couldn't do more than I did, they had it warm all the time with humid/moist surface. I'm guessing the problem is soil quality and maybe too moist soil, caused lockage, compacting soil.
Even though I was very attentive to this, this time around, not letting surface dry out, and not waterlock it, but I dont know...
Maybe sterilization of seeds prior to sowing would help also...

Old 06-13-2018, 10:51 PM #9
Quiet_Riot

The Outdoor Grapefruit is one of the nicest and fastest growing plants I've seen. The 20L container and 25-30° celsius help, but the genetics are strong.
The stem reeks of sweet and bitter grapefruit with dank, "skunky" meaty incense funk (never smelled a skunk) but as really good indoor Skunk #1/Afghani or something like that, a blast for my senses...

I kind of want to see her vigor in Mother Earth, getting to 2-3 meter, but there no good, welllit spots where she'll receive enough sunlight. She'll do alright in the container B-)

And a bushy and stinky Sour Bubble BX3 x NL with a small tomato cage around her, so all those branches can get out a little, instead of staying close to the mainstem

Bless

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:54 AM #10
Female Seeds
Vendor

Heee QR,

Thanks for the updates my friend, much appreciated.
Sorry to hear about that, is not something common with the Outdoor Grapefruit to be honest with you...but sometimes, when the surface is too moisted, germination can be a problem indeed. Maybe rockwool would have helped in the early beginning, but this is for the next time. And did the Critical Sour have the same problem of the Outdoor G. in germinating?

In any case no worries, I am sure you did your best. So keep up the good work with the remaining plants. How many Critical Sours and Outdoor G. you have in total now?

Quote:
View Image

Only 4 seems to want to sprout.
I've given approximately 40 seeds the same care/treatment for sprouting, for example all 10 of some Greenpoint genetics sprouted, all of my own hacks sprouted, but the Female Seeds doesn't quite like it. Greenpoint weighs their seeds, which seems to work out well.

It's not the best soil I use, it might get too tight/heavy when watering, maybe some added coco fiber and perlite would help, I just can't afford anything at the moment.

At least half came up.
I'm sorry for not being able to get them all to sprout, but couldn't do more than I did, they had it warm all the time with humid/moist surface. I'm guessing the problem is soil quality and maybe too moist soil, caused lockage, compacting soil.
Even though I was very attentive to this, this time around, not letting surface dry out, and not waterlock it, but I dont know...
Maybe sterilization of seeds prior to sowing would help also...
Quote:
The Outdoor Grapefruit is one of the nicest and fastest growing plants I've seen. The 20L container and 25-30° celsius help, but the genetics are strong.
The stem reeks of sweet and bitter grapefruit with dank, "skunky" meaty incense funk (never smelled a skunk) but as really good indoor Skunk #1/Afghani or something like that, a blast for my senses...

I kind of want to see her vigor in Mother Earth, getting to 2-3 meter, but there no good, welllit spots where she'll receive enough sunlight. She'll do alright in the container B-)

View Image
View Image

And a bushy and stinky Sour Bubble BX3 x NL with a small tomato cage around her, so all those branches can get out a little, instead of staying close to the mainstem
View Image

Bless
The Outdoor Grapefruit can grow quite tall, that's true indeed The genetical background of this strain made her really strong and solid, with a sturdy stem and lovely side branching.
Nice description of the smell, I am really curious to see what you will think about it when she will start flowering

Besides this, the plant is looking really nice. Nice green colour, healthy leaves and happy plant.

All the best,
Mr B.