Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > incorrect npk and supplement ratios are some of the reasons for shitty bud

Thread Title Search
-
incorrect npk and supplement ratios are some of the reasons for shitty bud Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-04-2018, 10:44 PM #21
Mate Dave
Propagator

Mate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHDGrower View Post
I freely admit my Sources for Learning are not the best and i agree that there is little Attention to Quality in Horticulte Literature.

Would you mind giving me some specific Links regarding P and Ca beeing the important Macros for Quality?

There is this Idea that the Plant doesnt need Ca in later Stages, thats why Growers cut out Calcinit later on. Whats your Take on that`?
The plants take on calcium is what I look @ so with there being a shortage for the container size then that plant will never reach optimum. Therefor applying less @ the end is only 1/2 the story. They had optimum levels to begin with.

This is 60 days of Bloom.

Lacking in calcium from the beginning they look like this @ 60 days

Old 01-04-2018, 10:59 PM #22
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

slownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHDGrower View Post
I freely admit my Sources for Learning are not the best and i agree that there is little Attention to Quality in Horticulte Literature.

Would you mind giving me some specific Links regarding P and Ca beeing the important Macros for Quality?

There is this Idea that the Plant doesnt need Ca in later Stages, thats why Growers cut out Calcinit later on. Whats your Take on that`?
goo.gl/L35nLU

Here you will find a lot of good reading. Read the Elemental Uptake article and then look at the PDF with the base calculations and the "grading" of the actives against the calculated (my math) base distributions. The data set came from the article and you can see there is an active ingredient quantification. Note the leaf analysis and the soil analysis against actives, might give you a bit different perspective. Note what drives actives, sure as hell isn't K nor Mg! LMAO

And if want to read a good book, there is the Tiedjens book to read.

Enjoy!
I WONDER WHAT WOULD HAPPEN
TO THIS WORLD

-Harry Forster Chapins' Tombstone
slownickel is offline Quote

Old 01-04-2018, 11:01 PM #23
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

slownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mate Dave View Post
The plants take on calcium is what I look @ so with there being a shortage for the container size then that plant will never reach optimum. Therefor applying less &@ the end is only 1/2 the story. They had optimum levels to begin with.

View Image

This is 60 days of Bloom.

View Image

Lacking in calcium from the beginning they look like this @ 60 days

Mmm someones been busy! Congrats guy!
I WONDER WHAT WOULD HAPPEN
TO THIS WORLD

-Harry Forster Chapins' Tombstone
slownickel is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:04 PM #24
ADHDGrower

ADHDGrower will become famous soon enough
Im glad we turned this around. Thanks alot for the Link.
ADHDGrower is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:37 PM #25
PoweredByLove
Most Loved

PoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of light
Plants weed plants anyway need CA as a crucial element. I can't tell you numbers because I mostly grow by eye. I listen to the plants they tell me what they want. But I can tell you for certain easiest way to get shitty results is to run out of calcium mid flower. They need mag in abundant amounts to build big flowers, but the second they run out of calcium enough to see it in the leaves. I dunno what it is but the buds are pretty much trash if you aren't close to the end anyway. But I don't think you need a whole lot though. Typically there's more than enough CA in tap water to last you but some plants want more. I started adding gypsum to my coco this last round didn't see any deficiencies out of all the various strains.

Magnesium that's what flowers really want most. I need to study more but I think you might need to keep the mag even with the P.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:42 PM #26
maimunji

maimunji has much to be proud ofmaimunji has much to be proud ofmaimunji has much to be proud ofmaimunji has much to be proud ofmaimunji has much to be proud ofmaimunji has much to be proud ofmaimunji has much to be proud ofmaimunji has much to be proud ofmaimunji has much to be proud ofmaimunji has much to be proud ofmaimunji has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoweredByLove View Post
R Over feeding is the number one cause of shitty bud.

View Image

I got a lot of props on this plant, even my haters were giving me kudos. Honestly it's one of the worst plants I've grown, way overfed too much nitrogen smallish buds from the aforementioned overfeeding.

Just further cements in my mind the proliferation of bad growers growing badly.

View Image

One of my better grows and I was told to go kill myself cuz I suck. I guess people don't like seeing properly grown plants with a nice fade on it.
I think people either don't know how to grow good weed any more or there's a conspiracy to keep people growing stunted over fed plants and sell more bottles. Somehow dark green small frosty buds became the new proper grown.
Sadly but true. Best post in this thread hands down.
maimunji is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:09 AM #27
jidoka

jidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to all
Click image for larger version

Name:	94246BC5-5454-479C-B7B9-9027693C286C.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	441107

Click image for larger version

Name:	DD3AFD1E-DDE1-4604-AD9D-F17F33042374.jpeg
Views:	323
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	441108

In coco. These plants have 50% more Ca in the tissue than K. Quantity followed quality
jidoka is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:22 AM #28
ADHDGrower

ADHDGrower will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jidoka View Post
Attachment 441107

Attachment 441108

In coco. These plants have 50% more Ca in the tissue than K. Quantity followed quality
Looking Good, would you please elaborate on your Feeding Schedule?
ADHDGrower is offline Quote

Old 01-05-2018, 12:26 AM #29
Mate Dave
Propagator

Mate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by jidoka View Post
Attachment 441107

Attachment 441108

That's one of the best looking scrogs I have ever seen

What did that pull?

Old 01-05-2018, 12:27 AM #30
jidoka

jidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to all
Sorry but nope. It ain’t bottles though
jidoka is offline Quote