Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Cuttings & Propagation Techniques > GDP question

Thread Title Search
GDP question Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-03-2017, 09:04 PM #11
MintyMick

Location: On an organic spaceship hurtling through the ether. Or somewhere in the Rocky Mountains...
MintyMick has a spectacular aura aboutMintyMick has a spectacular aura aboutMintyMick has a spectacular aura aboutMintyMick has a spectacular aura aboutMintyMick has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwade4fish View Post
whats the process to make her make pollen?
I make fem seeds. Here are three methods I've used:

1. When I first started I bought a pre mixed solution. $20 for like two ounces of fem spray. It worked - it's called Tiresias Mist - you can order it online. Spray it on your nodes a couple weeks before and after you start flowering. Yes. Soray on the nodes/ branches.

Or you can make your own; see below.

2. Colloidal Silver. I used a 500ppm bottle of CS that I bought at a health store and mixed 50/50 with distilled water. Same application technique as above. 2 weeks before/ 2 weeks after.

3. Silver nitrate and sodium thiosulfate. You can get these ingredients online. Mix separately as follows:
100 ml of distilled water with 1.6 grams sodium thiosulfate.
100 ml of distilled water with 1.7 grams silver nitrate.
Slowly mix 20 ml of silver nitrate with 80 ml silver thiosulfate. Same application as the rest (#1 and #2).

There are quite a few informative threads on IC about feminized seeds. Just start digging.

Good luck.
MintyMick is offline Quote

Old 10-05-2017, 06:08 AM #12
nldfarmer

nldfarmer has a spectacular aura aboutnldfarmer has a spectacular aura aboutnldfarmer has a spectacular aura about
If they're GDP derived from Ken's they have Sativa traits, my keeper male had weirdly thin leaves for a pure indica. It took several generations to get something more hash plant like.
nldfarmer is offline Quote

Old 11-25-2018, 07:18 PM #13
cannagro

cannagro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwade4fish View Post
whats the process to make her make pollen?
You have to add Gibberellic Acid to induce the formation of male flowers on the female plants. I'm not too sure when you add the gibberellic acid but I would assume you apply it near flowering. It can also occur naturally or can be induced by manipulating the photoperiod.

link: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00385397
cannagro is offline Quote

Old 11-28-2018, 12:08 PM #14
JockBudman

JockBudman is a jewel in the roughJockBudman is a jewel in the roughJockBudman is a jewel in the roughJockBudman is a jewel in the roughJockBudman is a jewel in the roughJockBudman is a jewel in the rough
Is the GDP a blimburn seeds one? I've got one in veg at the moment and it's similar to what you describe - short plant with thin leaves. Got it as a freebie and I'm pleasantly surprised as that and the gsc from blimburn both went like shit off a shovel and are vegging really well. Won't be flowered until the new year as I'm away for a bit and can't have the flower tent running with a house sitter around but I'm looking forward to it.

It's worth pointing out that in my experience so far I've not held much regard for leaf types. I've had thin leaf hybrids with a stonking indica stone on them and recently grew a fat leaved purple hybrid that has a great coffee like up buzz. Proof of the growing is in the smoking I'd say.

Ganja gu brah
JockBudman is offline Quote