What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GDP question

iwade4fish

prolly wrong area for this, but.....

im in South Pennsylvania, got some GDP girls outside, and from my experience, its nothing what an Indica heavy strain should look like. theyre short, but the leaves are thin and its loooking like a Sativa finish time frame. love what im looking at, but i hear it's a 60 day finisher indoors. these were outside in may, did the stretch, and are only just now showing a few colored pistils. any one else doing this outside?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"From Seed"

ie

Not GDP then. GDP is a clone only. Could be a seed from a bag of GDP, but that still just makes it bag seed. It's either an accidental S1 or got pollinated by another plant...male or female.

dank.Frank

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
"From Seed"

ie

Not GDP then. GDP is a clone only. Could be a seed from a bag of GDP, but that still just makes it bag seed. It's either an accidental S1 or got pollinated by another plant...male or female.

dank.Frank

I don't know what you mean but there's of course GDP in seed form. http://de.**********.eu/strain-info/Grand_Daddy_Purp/Grand_Daddy_Purp/

mushroombrew

Veteran
Unlike your fish you can force a female plant to make pollen. She only makes X pollen so anything that pollen touches will also be female(XX)

S1 is a "selfed" female.

What kind of fish?

mushroombrew

Veteran
Nice I love cichlids! I had a breeding pair of Oscars for years. Quite ordinary by your standards I am sure...but I had them trained to jump for food! The got close to 3 ft in the air!! Haha. And yes both male and female did some flopping around on the floor when the mis timed it!

I encourage you to do some searching. Lots of google info regarding S1 breeding/female pollen. But colloidal silver is a good starting point for reversal.

MintyMick

whats the process to make her make pollen?

I make fem seeds. Here are three methods I've used:

1. When I first started I bought a pre mixed solution. $20 for like two ounces of fem spray. It worked - it's called Tiresias Mist - you can order it online. Spray it on your nodes a couple weeks before and after you start flowering. Yes. Soray on the nodes/ branches.

Or you can make your own; see below.

2. Colloidal Silver. I used a 500ppm bottle of CS that I bought at a health store and mixed 50/50 with distilled water. Same application technique as above. 2 weeks before/ 2 weeks after.

3. Silver nitrate and sodium thiosulfate. You can get these ingredients online. Mix separately as follows:
100 ml of distilled water with 1.6 grams sodium thiosulfate.
100 ml of distilled water with 1.7 grams silver nitrate.
Slowly mix 20 ml of silver nitrate with 80 ml silver thiosulfate. Same application as the rest (#1 and #2).

There are quite a few informative threads on IC about feminized seeds. Just start digging.

Good luck.

nldfarmer

If they're GDP derived from Ken's they have Sativa traits, my keeper male had weirdly thin leaves for a pure indica. It took several generations to get something more hash plant like.

JockBudman

Is the GDP a blimburn seeds one? I've got one in veg at the moment and it's similar to what you describe - short plant with thin leaves. Got it as a freebie and I'm pleasantly surprised as that and the gsc from blimburn both went like shit off a shovel and are vegging really well. Won't be flowered until the new year as I'm away for a bit and can't have the flower tent running with a house sitter around but I'm looking forward to it.

It's worth pointing out that in my experience so far I've not held much regard for leaf types. I've had thin leaf hybrids with a stonking indica stone on them and recently grew a fat leaved purple hybrid that has a great coffee like up buzz. Proof of the growing is in the smoking I'd say.

Ganja gu brah :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts