Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > Cannabis/Marijuana and how it effects our sleep.

Thread Title Search
Cannabis/Marijuana and how it effects our sleep. Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2017, 03:26 PM #41
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
Yes,...It can be very painstaking to try and quantify what variety of cannabis and what dosage to whose individual metabolism might work where sleep is concerned.

We are all individuals and respond sometimes in a vastly different way to the same medicine. 'What's good for the Goose....is not good for the Gander' etc.

So I guess that its down to experimenting for yourself, and finding out what works best for you.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:18 PM #42
Max Headroom
It's easy to tell when politicians are lying: their lips move.

Max Headroom is a glorious beacon of lightMax Headroom is a glorious beacon of lightMax Headroom is a glorious beacon of lightMax Headroom is a glorious beacon of lightMax Headroom is a glorious beacon of lightMax Headroom is a glorious beacon of lightMax Headroom is a glorious beacon of lightMax Headroom is a glorious beacon of lightMax Headroom is a glorious beacon of lightMax Headroom is a glorious beacon of lightMax Headroom is a glorious beacon of light
i definitely dream less (or remember less) which is a plus in my book. dreaming can be exhausting.
in my estimation i need about 1 hour more sleep to feel as rested as without weed. (although i can't even remember the last time i didn't go to bed stoned)

otherwise it's sativas during the day and a spliff of hybrid stuff before bed.
Max Headroom is offline Quote

Old 10-14-2017, 11:28 PM #43
moose eater

Location: Off a dead-end dirt road, near a river, out of town, in the hills and trees
moose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivor
There's sleep, and there's deep REM sleep.

I may sleep for a total of 4-6 hours at night, (rarely more.. tho' sometimes more, and sometimes even less), but much of that sleep time is spent tossing from discomfort/pain or inability to get relaxed, and when I toss, my spine, hips, and sometimes knees wreak havoc.

Add to that the fact that when the pre-sleep cannabis high wears off (different periods of time for different strains), my body comes out of that, and I'm awake, often with munchies. (Dried natural Turkish apricots and walnut halves are good ;^>) ).

I'm not what I would call a 'heavy smoker,' but rather a paced smoker of potent strains.

I remember some of my dreams, but if I don't relate them to someone else as soon as I wake up, then I'm more apt to forget them... which can be frustrating too. Especially when they were intense, disorienting, unnerving, etc. And some certainly have been.

As written earlier, typical bed-time, or back-to-bed formula is a few sizable potent tokes, and a potent single beverage. 8%+ beer, or tequila and juice, tequila with limne, or the whisky, maple syrup and low-fat milk concoction I wrote about earlier

What's more frustrating, however, is knowing I was 'asleep' sufficient hours that I -should- feel rested, but waking up fairly well exhausted none the less.

The penance we pay for having abused our bodies, souls, and the world around us, I guess.
moose eater is offline Quote

Old 10-15-2017, 07:06 AM #44
Bjorn to farm.

Bjorn to farm. is a jewel in the roughBjorn to farm. is a jewel in the roughBjorn to farm. is a jewel in the roughBjorn to farm. is a jewel in the roughBjorn to farm. is a jewel in the roughBjorn to farm. is a jewel in the roughBjorn to farm. is a jewel in the roughBjorn to farm. is a jewel in the rough
I never dream, unless I go off the weed.
I never go to bed hungry.
I fall asleep “instantly”.
Bjorn to farm. is online now Quote

Old 10-18-2017, 03:10 PM #45
aquavitae

aquavitae will become famous soon enoughaquavitae will become famous soon enoughaquavitae will become famous soon enough
smoking almost daily, still can remember most of my dreams. i feel its really important to dream but also wouldnt wish endless streaks of nightmares to anyone.

and to what sam said, i feel there is also a difference to when I dream after actually falling asleep, or "passing out" on the couch (what happens when you start smoking early in the day :P)

strongly advise against drinking to fall asleep.. if you re not tired then try to do something productive or work out / stretch.
aquavitae is offline Quote

Old 10-18-2017, 03:24 PM #46
Gr33nSanta

If you want similar effects on your dreams as a tolerance break would, try smoking CBD before bed time.

Even if I smoke my regular day full of THC in my blood, if I smoke the last spliff of the day with high CBD in the mix or dab high CBD concentrates, I often have vivid dreams just as if I had taken a break from smoking weed. I am not sure whether I like dreaming or not haha.

As long as I have tolerance, cannabis makes me sleep like a baby, if I don't have the tolerance, makes my mind race like coffee times 10, really hard to sleep!

Old 10-18-2017, 06:34 PM #47
HuffnPufferfish

HuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really nice
"However, once nightly cannabis use stops, sleep clearly worsens across the withdrawal period."
no sleep goes back to normal, aka no sleep.

i tend to have less sleepless nights if i smoke during the day and night (not always possible), if i start smoking at night i dont always get the best sleeping effects

didnt research say cbd keeps us active and awake??

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaHaHashish View Post
I find that exercise (and ganja) really helps with sleep. If you have trouble sleeping at night, then a good work out in the afternoon or evening each day and you will sleep way better. A tired, relaxed body will drop off to sleep easier than one that's been just sitting there inactive watching a screen all day and night.
the days i work out, every other day 2-3h a day, im just to pumped up to even sit down for 5min, so i keep that at least 4-5hour before 'bedtime'
on 'hangover days' (i dont drink anymore but the days stay the same, getting older eh) when you dont feel like doing anything i tend to feel sleepy all day

Last edited by HuffnPufferfish; 10-18-2017 at 06:51 PM..
HuffnPufferfish is offline Quote

Old 11-14-2017, 11:27 AM #48
skidboy

skidboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payaso View Post
I have noticed cannabis affecting my own sleep, and have remarked over the years that when not using, my dreams are far more vivid and I'm more likely to remember them.
^^^^This 1000x's over. I recently quit blasting before bed and now I can remember my dreams perfectly again. They are very vivid and wacky as well. Personally I love crazy ass dreams and I am fascinated by just how crazy they can get.
skidboy is offline Quote

Old 11-14-2017, 11:35 AM #49
Ronin4life

Ronin4life is a jewel in the roughRonin4life is a jewel in the roughRonin4life is a jewel in the roughRonin4life is a jewel in the roughRonin4life is a jewel in the roughRonin4life is a jewel in the roughRonin4life is a jewel in the rough
I have had insomnia for years.it affects my mother my son and nephew I find when I smoke if it's the right strain.the quality of sleep and rest I get is amazing.but most times I am still up when smoking but feel great
And although I have been up baked I don't feel so bad next day.so I am looking into finding an insomnia killer strain.but I have to say I don't get much exercise during the day.maybe I need a good saliva for during the day
So I am more active.
Ronin4life is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:47 PM #50
billy_big_bud!
Proud Cannadian Cannabist

billy_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud ofbilly_big_bud! has much to be proud of
everyone seems to be focused on smoking. i can smoke strong indicas until the cows come home and it does nothing to effect my desire to sleep. however my nightly dose of cannabis tea and some mineral supplementations have pretty much eliminated my insomnia all together. i hate to be cliche and call it a miracle drug but as far as i am concerned thats what it is.

2 members found this post helpful.