Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hobbies and Interests > ICMag Still Alive After All These Years!

Thread Title Search
ICMag Still Alive After All These Years! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-28-2017, 04:54 PM #41
who dat is
Cave Dweller

who dat is has a reputation beyond reputewho dat is has a reputation beyond reputewho dat is has a reputation beyond reputewho dat is has a reputation beyond reputewho dat is has a reputation beyond reputewho dat is has a reputation beyond reputewho dat is has a reputation beyond reputewho dat is has a reputation beyond reputewho dat is has a reputation beyond reputewho dat is has a reputation beyond reputewho dat is has a reputation beyond repute
who dat is has completed 16 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Icmag always has been and always will be my homebase. I have learned so much from this site and have tried to contribute as much good content and advice that I can. That being said I too have noticed the decline in activity, content, and dedicated users that goes beyond just seasonal speculation like Gypsy mentioned. To be brutally honest I feel like the writing has been on the wall here for awhile now. The decline has been slow but steady. With the social media explosion going on I would say that that has been the biggest culprit for stealing people away and I'm every bit as guilty. I've all but stopped posting updates and pictures on here as it is tedious and takes too much time. I wouldn't blame Trump or Sessions either as this site was booming back during the Bush era.

This site is funded by extremely outdated seed vendor sister sites that are all but irrelevant these days with all the domestic seed vendor options that are based in the US that also ship internationally. This is another facet of legalization that has eroded the base away from icmag. I can't imagine vendors here are contributing any money to advertise here anymore either. One last thing is the deletion of old content and threads like people have mentioned as well as the behind the scenes drama and underhanded ban hammer action.

Nobody take this as a slight against Gypsy, Pink, and any of the other mods or the site itself. My gripe lies with the times itself and the shift of things. I feel like icmag has run its course and only has a finite amount of time left and this saddens me. I'll continue to drive as much traffic to this site as I can in the mean time though.

Instagram @whodatisco
Who grows Glue better than you. (current)
who dat is is offline Quote

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:17 PM #42
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Redhairs are Red

Blueberry is Blue

I get to go wade in the Creek

Yabba Dabba Doo
St. Phatty is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:42 PM #43
Hermanthegerman
Dont fake the funk!

Hermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivor
ICmag is alive but the german subforum is a ghost town. Sometimes I feel like

Hermanthegerman is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-28-2017, 10:52 PM #44
usda101

usda101 is just really niceusda101 is just really niceusda101 is just really niceusda101 is just really niceusda101 is just really niceusda101 is just really niceusda101 is just really niceusda101 is just really niceusda101 is just really niceusda101 is just really nice
Glad to see this thread after not being very active myself but I'm back . Feels good to see you guys logged in and keeping things moving . The Mag is alive and well and I'm glad to be a part of it .
usda101 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:44 PM #45
Hermanthegerman
Dont fake the funk!

Hermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivor
Hermanthegerman is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:32 AM #46
resin_lung
I cough up honey oil

resin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud of
I think a good percentage of the "followers" on IG suffer from google brain syndrome or some other form of attention span learning disability.

Some are looking to get thier knob polished.

Some like polishing knobs.

Some are in it to win it and might actually have a shot.

Some are in it to win it and don't have a fkn clue.

I'm sure there are some that just like to share and don't care who they share with. I guess?

The place is a madhouse imho. I don't see anybody learning anything other than witnessing the battles between the different camps and personalities. I'll admit that that the asshole in me has enjoyed the few posts I stumbled onto that got heated. Im also thankful that shit don't fly here.

It's good for clone drops and menu updates.

I personally got too fkn much to say about things I'm gonna bother posting about!haha I cant say shit with an emoticon and a few words. I eat words up though. I kill textbooks in hours! I can read faster than I can think so reading isn't a chore for me. taking time to stop and digest what I've read is an issue but I've gotten around that by just rereading until I do!haha it's faster that way!

To be honest... I ain't really into the new dab/millennial smokers culture. Nothing against dabs really it's just a different deal than what I always imagined it would be when I was a kid knowing the world was changing. I imagined people acting like we did way back when minus the bust. I was too young to realize that it was the bust that kept everybody acting cool.

IG has no soul. It lacks integrity. That's the "legal" world we live in i guess.

The only honerable people I've known other than my mother were or still are criminals.

The only people in my life that know how to fkn act, other than my mother are either criminals or were and conduct themselves as though they still are.

"There's no honor among thieves" my ass!
resin_lung is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:01 PM #47
mean mr.mustard
I Pass Satellites

Location: Overturning Pebbles and Upending All the Animals Alight
mean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivor
Yes.

And as long as people love it, truly love it, it won't be going anywhere.

The best way to kill Tinkerbell is not to believe.

People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent.
- Bob Dylan

Be good and you will be lonely.
- Mark Twain

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.
- Anne Frank
mean mr.mustard is offline Quote

Old 06-29-2017, 09:30 PM #48
YetiOG
Banned

YetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by who dat is View Post
Icmag always has been and always will be my homebase. I have learned so much from this site and have tried to contribute as much good content and advice that I can. That being said I too have noticed the decline in activity, content, and dedicated users that goes beyond just seasonal speculation like Gypsy mentioned. To be brutally honest I feel like the writing has been on the wall here for awhile now. The decline has been slow but steady. With the social media explosion going on I would say that that has been the biggest culprit for stealing people away and I'm every bit as guilty. I've all but stopped posting updates and pictures on here as it is tedious and takes too much time. I wouldn't blame Trump or Sessions either as this site was booming back during the Bush era.

This site is funded by extremely outdated seed vendor sister sites that are all but irrelevant these days with all the domestic seed vendor options that are based in the US that also ship internationally. This is another facet of legalization that has eroded the base away from icmag. I can't imagine vendors here are contributing any money to advertise here anymore either. One last thing is the deletion of old content and threads like people have mentioned as well as the behind the scenes drama and underhanded ban hammer action.

Nobody take this as a slight against Gypsy, Pink, and any of the other mods or the site itself. My gripe lies with the times itself and the shift of things. I feel like icmag has run its course and only has a finite amount of time left and this saddens me. I'll continue to drive as much traffic to this site as I can in the mean time though.

I think if they banned a few less people (showed more discretion) ran their funding sites better and looked for ways to bring people in they would increase membership.

My first forum exp was with trollitup in 2013. At the time they were paying Google so any weed question automatically brought them up first. So I joined them. It was a terrible site but smart way to lure people in.

The biggest thing is seedbay though. People been complaining about cash and beans getting ripped off for ages. Fix that shit, get some new good stock and people would be buying like crazy.

Also... this is not meant as a insult but the seedbay website is fucked in the head. That needs to be updated so it's easy to understand and use. Seed boutique is formatted so nicely and is simply but the bay, I can't figure that shit out if I could I would order there.

I don't blame it on the mods but people leaving over issues (personal shit) with mods is a ongoing thing forever. It's anywhere people are in positions of authority but every person you ban is 1 less customer. Bad for business

There's lots of ways to improve, just a few little things would go a long way.

These are not my complaints. This is what I here and see. Well the complaint about seedbay is mine but that is just because I don't get it
YetiOG is offline Quote

Old 06-29-2017, 11:06 PM #49
resin_lung
I cough up honey oil

resin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud of
Most of the cats that have been banned were the biggest shit talkers on the site. I'm not saying they didn't have good reasons(at least in their minds) for doing it, I'm saying that's usually what I saw them doing!lol

I've noticed only one, that I don't understand the reasoning for their banning, but I don't have access to everybody's pm so how could I understand. Who knows what goes on between people?

It's not for me to know.

It's none of my business really.

And if IG has anything to do with it then how much does the "ban hammer" really have to do with it?

They can ban for any reason and they do. Dudes with 45,000 knob gobblers on thier jock! GONE! Zero shits given!haha

I think 3 or 4 guys could shut the whole fkn thing down in like 5 hours!hahaha

I told somebody the other day that I checked out IG and the first thing they asked me was who it was I follow?

For a fraction of a second I thought about asking them WHO THE FUCK they thought they were talking to?

It pissed me off!haha

follow? FOLLOW??

I was almost like....I don't FKN follow anybody you little bitch!

But my little niece is only like 12yrs old so she don't KNOW.... SHE JUST DONT KNOW!!

Old 06-30-2017, 12:05 AM #50
resin_lung
I cough up honey oil

I've been on here a while.

I've been an asshole on more than one occasion. Only once or twice have I been "spoken too" or warned.

Once I was told as if by a good friend to be careful. I said fuck that I'm pissed. Again they pmed me and begged me to delete my post because there was no doubt I would be banned by the next mod that spots it! I thanked them after I deleted it.haha I had gone back and read it and yeah...... I was OUT Of MY MIND!lol

I might have been threatening somebody with cannibalism! I can be quite passionate!lol

My point is that I was warned and even if I wasn't.... I broke the rules. So I couldn't have complained if they did decide to ban me.

I'm not sure how a site like this can exist without banning certain undesirables. Too many trolls out there who will be more than happy to make it their life's work to mess with a member they ain't into.

I swear to god... I remember President Obamas first time using twitter. I forget the tweet but the first response was.... Welcome to twitter N*gg*r! Can you imagine?!?!?

We can't have that shit here! hahaha who's gonna post anything meaningful if that shit was allowed?lol

Not me!