Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > General Gardening > Who else in your family loves gardening?

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Who else in your family loves gardening? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2017, 08:42 AM #1
Nowhere_Man

Nowhere_Man will become famous soon enoughNowhere_Man will become famous soon enough
Who else in your family loves gardening?

Hey guy!

Curious as to who else in your family is into gardening, or did they get you into gardening?

For me it was my grandparents, my parents like gardening but don't do it. So whenever I was with them I would be out in the garden loving every minute of it too! Then as I got older with work and family etc. times get stressful and garden time takes on a whole new meaning.

Anyway, bit of a silly question just throwing it out there, take it easy guys!
Nowhere_Man is offline Quote

Old 04-21-2017, 11:53 AM #2
MicroRoy

MicroRoy is a survivorMicroRoy is a survivorMicroRoy is a survivorMicroRoy is a survivorMicroRoy is a survivorMicroRoy is a survivorMicroRoy is a survivorMicroRoy is a survivorMicroRoy is a survivorMicroRoy is a survivorMicroRoy is a survivor
My grand mother. My mother. My father. He had a thing for growing tomatoes after he got ahold of some seeds thatva great uncle escaped from Germany with.

One of my first memories is planting beans with my mother. Planted the hills counted the beans out. Watering every day. Then when they pushed up a crust.My mother pointed and said the beans are about to pop up. When I looked she turned the hose on them and pow there they were. Been growing every since then.
MicroRoy is offline Quote

Old 04-23-2017, 02:29 PM #3
MicroRoy

MicroRoy is a survivorMicroRoy is a survivorMicroRoy is a survivorMicroRoy is a survivorMicroRoy is a survivorMicroRoy is a survivorMicroRoy is a survivorMicroRoy is a survivorMicroRoy is a survivorMicroRoy is a survivorMicroRoy is a survivor
I am supprised this did not generate more interest. I guess gardening is a dying art.
MicroRoy is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:54 PM #4
Green Squall

Green Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivor
Both my grandfathers and my dad grew vegetable gardens and the ladies of the family were always into planting flowers.

It didn't start to interest me until my mid 20's I think. Growing your own food is so damn rewarding! I think it's important to get kids into gardening too so they know where their food comes from. Most think it just comes from the grocery store lol.
Green Squall is online now Quote

Old 04-27-2017, 02:37 AM #5
MattoMaria
Ambassador

MattoMaria is a glorious beacon of lightMattoMaria is a glorious beacon of lightMattoMaria is a glorious beacon of lightMattoMaria is a glorious beacon of lightMattoMaria is a glorious beacon of lightMattoMaria is a glorious beacon of lightMattoMaria is a glorious beacon of lightMattoMaria is a glorious beacon of lightMattoMaria is a glorious beacon of lightMattoMaria is a glorious beacon of lightMattoMaria is a glorious beacon of light
Nobody, only me...

My father would put concrete everywhere, my mother kills all plants who touch and my brother..........pfff!!!
BUT my fatherly grandpa was a farmer and my maternal grandma loves plants.

I started to love plants when i was in depression....one day i decided to try to save the plants that my mother was killing. I saw that with a little bit of love and of care they could recover. So i tought to buy some other plants for expand my garden.
One day one cactus showed some little black balls. I went to florist but he told me that them were the beginning of flowers. After 2 week i came back to florist beacuse the plant was in critical condition, and only in that moment he said me it was attacked by lices.
I tried to save in all ways, but the cactus didn't give signs of life. I had to go in Poland (10 days), when i come back in Italy, i immediately went to see the cactus health, but nothing, it was the same. I thought to bin it, but when i take the vase, a little magnolia leaf (which covered in part the cactus) fell down and i could seen a new little cactus bud.

I thought in my head: "This plant has risked to die, but with me at side, it has tried to fight against death and it has won. And me? I have a fantastic family, i'm not alone, i want get out to depression!"

The plants taught me to live

ps: Sorry for my bad english
MattoMaria is offline Quote

Old 06-02-2017, 09:52 AM #6
isitisi

isitisi is on a distinguished road
All grandparents love gardening, they know have little garden where they grow vegetables and some trees. They used to make me do little jobs when I was a kid and I learned a lot from them and as I use internet now I'm teaching things to them, it is amazing and makes me wonder if choose the wrong job. Cheers.
isitisi is offline Quote

Old 06-07-2017, 02:34 PM #7
solofoe

solofoe is a glorious beacon of lightsolofoe is a glorious beacon of lightsolofoe is a glorious beacon of lightsolofoe is a glorious beacon of lightsolofoe is a glorious beacon of lightsolofoe is a glorious beacon of lightsolofoe is a glorious beacon of lightsolofoe is a glorious beacon of lightsolofoe is a glorious beacon of lightsolofoe is a glorious beacon of lightsolofoe is a glorious beacon of light
I didn't have anyone in my family garden... the closest thing to a gardener in my life was my best friend's mom (I still visit with her) she had an immense garden and would make her own compost and the only interest I took in it as a kid was the thought of dropping a few seeds from my cheap Mexican brick weed of the day... but now I love gardening I really enjoy trying out new crops like this year I'm doing carrots beets and parsnips for the first time... this thread gave me a really nice feeling while reading it... so I thought I would share my experience
solofoe is offline Quote

Old 06-08-2017, 02:22 AM #8
Green Squall

Green Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by solofoe View Post
I didn't have anyone in my family garden... the closest thing to a gardener in my life was my best friend's mom (I still visit with her) she had an immense garden and would make her own compost and the only interest I took in it as a kid was the thought of dropping a few seeds from my cheap Mexican brick weed of the day... but now I love gardening I really enjoy trying out new crops like this year I'm doing carrots beets and parsnips for the first time... this thread gave me a really nice feeling while reading it... so I thought I would share my experience
Focusing on root veggies, huh? have you grown potatoes? They are super easy. You don't even need to buy potato seed. Just get a bag of organic potatoes from he grocery store and you can use those once they sprout eyes.
Green Squall is online now Quote

Old 06-08-2017, 07:28 AM #9
shithawk420

shithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivor
Both of my parents grow.my mom just got these cool African spear heads I think they are called.I'll take pics tommorrow.they are gnarly
shithawk420 is offline Quote

Old 06-08-2017, 09:53 AM #10
solofoe

solofoe is a glorious beacon of lightsolofoe is a glorious beacon of lightsolofoe is a glorious beacon of lightsolofoe is a glorious beacon of lightsolofoe is a glorious beacon of lightsolofoe is a glorious beacon of lightsolofoe is a glorious beacon of lightsolofoe is a glorious beacon of lightsolofoe is a glorious beacon of lightsolofoe is a glorious beacon of lightsolofoe is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Squall View Post
Focusing on root veggies, huh? have you grown potatoes? They are super easy. You don't even need to buy potato seed. Just get a bag of organic potatoes from he grocery store and you can use those once they sprout eyes.

No I haven't tried potato yet maybe some colorful fingerling potato variety when I do
solofoe is offline Quote