Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hemp > The hemp seed hub: A thread for those who seek seeds and infos on hemp

Thread Title Search
The hemp seed hub: A thread for those who seek seeds and infos on hemp Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2013, 07:00 AM #21
ghostmade

ghostmade is just really niceghostmade is just really niceghostmade is just really niceghostmade is just really niceghostmade is just really niceghostmade is just really niceghostmade is just really niceghostmade is just really niceghostmade is just really niceghostmade is just really niceghostmade is just really nice
so tagged man!great op and thread

hemp is the most universal plants out there. from fuel, to food and everything else across the board.
i belive c.sativa is what is most used as "hemp" even though indicas would be great for hemp oils and extracts. i cant wait for this field to develop (once again ),in this millennium. lol
ghostmade is offline Quote

Old 10-17-2013, 09:05 AM #22
Only Ornamental
Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist

Only Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud of
SAM, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE CORRECTIONS AND YOUR INSIDER KNOWLEDGE!
Acknowledgements also to all the others who find errors and add additional informations. I'll successively adapt and correct my first post accordingly.

So, it was really YOU who 'invented' Finola? Freaking gorgeous, really!!

I still have a question concerning your statement
Quote:
Finola is not autoflowering.
-SamS
But it's supposed to start flowering at an age of 25 to 30 days... What triggers flower onset if not time/age? Is it the plants size? I can't see how Finola could be photoperiodic when it starts flowering in early summer high up north where they have up to 20 hour daylight (if only a mean of 10 hours sunshine). And where's the practical difference for a farmer/grower? I mean, it flowers very early and this is all that counts, right? Or did I miss a point concerning the definition of auto-flowering (which may easily be the case)?

Please spare a 'like', a dear friend of mine could need some motivation. Thanks!

Brainer on Retainer
: Why not rent a brain by the hour?
OO now on time-sharing
Only Ornamental is offline Quote

Old 10-17-2013, 03:50 PM #23
Bobbito Blaze

Bobbito Blaze is on a distinguished road
E bay sells hemp seed
Bobbito Blaze is offline Quote

Old 10-17-2013, 04:34 PM #24
Only Ornamental

Only Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud of
Ebay sells everything, but who knows what you get for your money .

Please spare a 'like', a dear friend of mine could need some motivation. Thanks!

Brainer on Retainer
OO now on time-sharing

Old 10-17-2013, 05:01 PM #25
Hemphrey Bogart

Hemphrey Bogart is a splendid one to beholdHemphrey Bogart is a splendid one to beholdHemphrey Bogart is a splendid one to beholdHemphrey Bogart is a splendid one to beholdHemphrey Bogart is a splendid one to beholdHemphrey Bogart is a splendid one to beholdHemphrey Bogart is a splendid one to beholdHemphrey Bogart is a splendid one to beholdHemphrey Bogart is a splendid one to beholdHemphrey Bogart is a splendid one to beholdHemphrey Bogart is a splendid one to behold
Cool thread so far. Thanks for posting the thread up, OO.

I got a question though and I'm just curious....

If hemp becomes a major crop again in the states and elsewhere like it seems like it might...is it possible that some hemp pollen will hit some drug strains of cannabis that are being grown in the same vicinity as a hemp farm that is say 5 miles away or so?

I've heard that there are some hemp farms already in operation in Colorado, so it got me wondering about the possible negative ramifications surrounding the commercial growing of hemp.

Again, I'm sorry for the stupid question, but I'm just curious.

HB.

Hemphrey Bogart is offline Quote

Old 10-17-2013, 05:05 PM #26
purple_man

purple_man is a glorious beacon of lightpurple_man is a glorious beacon of lightpurple_man is a glorious beacon of lightpurple_man is a glorious beacon of lightpurple_man is a glorious beacon of lightpurple_man is a glorious beacon of lightpurple_man is a glorious beacon of lightpurple_man is a glorious beacon of lightpurple_man is a glorious beacon of lightpurple_man is a glorious beacon of lightpurple_man is a glorious beacon of light
the vavilov research center in st. petersburg, might still be holding the oldest collection of cannabis cultivars -> great place to get real infos when it comes to history and heirlooms...

for commercial hemp variaties best bet is check out european hemp seed vendors

blessss
purple_man is offline Quote

Old 10-17-2013, 05:17 PM #27
oldchuck

oldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemphrey Bogart View Post
Cool thread so far. Thanks for posting the thread up, OO.

Again, I'm sorry for the stupid question, but I'm just curious.

HB.
It's not a stupid question. The answer is clearly yes, but I think 5 miles is a stretch. Pollination is often an issue in agriculture. Takes different forms with different crops. All Cannabis varieties interbreed so what grows in your neighbor's field matters.

All farmers need to pay attention to how and by what their crops are pollinated.
oldchuck is offline Quote

Old 10-17-2013, 08:19 PM #28
Only Ornamental

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_man View Post
for commercial hemp variaties best bet is check out european hemp seed vendors
Problem is, that they usually sell in 25 kg sacks at a current price of € 250.- a piece. And where I live, it'll be monoecious varieties only *blork*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemphrey Bogart View Post
...that are being grown in the same vicinity as a hemp farm that is say 5 miles away or so?

Ehhh.... under ideal conditions it's a bit more... say, ten to hundred times more... But then, I'm not sure whether that pollen still is viable and you got to be really unlucky if such a long-range flier hits exactly your plants. Still, hemp produces a hell of a lot of pollen.
It truly is a problem, especially with nearby fields. There's a post here somewhere on icmag from a Spanish guy who said that they get even pollen warnings for allergic persons due to Moroccan hash plant pollen! And that's at least 50 to over 500 km from the Ref to mainland Spain (at least, it's decent pollen LoL).
Best in the case of hemp in the surroundings would be an indoor pollination to ensure an 'unharmed' offspring.

Brainer on Retainer
OO now on time-sharing

Old 10-26-2013, 04:54 AM #29
Thule
Dr. Narrowleaf

Thule is a name known to allThule is a name known to allThule is a name known to allThule is a name known to allThule is a name known to allThule is a name known to allThule is a name known to allThule is a name known to allThule is a name known to allThule is a name known to allThule is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Skunkman View Post
Finola is not autoflowering.
-SamS
How do you define autoflower then? This variety flowers at 30-40 days after germination in 24/0. In my book that means autoflower, given they're not like lowryder in the sense that they can be put to flower earlier by reducing daylenght.

Interesting that you were the source of both strains. Which part of Siberia did they come from?

Old 12-05-2013, 07:55 PM #30
rawdietaryhemp

rawdietaryhemp is on a distinguished road
Quick phenotypes are not autoflowering, its a hormone. Really want to learn the difference try Photosynthetic Artificial Darkness/Rauber TEK on a rudy.
rawdietaryhemp is offline Quote