Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Cuttings & Propagation Techniques > CLONES!!! 7-14 Days! 99% Success Rate!

Thread Title Search
CLONES!!! 7-14 Days! 99% Success Rate! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-12-2017, 11:42 PM #21
FreeUrMind

Nice thread thanks for sharing

Old 07-13-2017, 12:50 AM #22
ReikoX
Knight of the BlackSvn

ReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud of
Nice tutorial. This works even on a MUCH smaller scale. I use the shot glass version of the red solo cup, hole 1/3 way up, and filled with perlite. My cuts are only 2" tall and I use a small seed propagating tray and dome. It works great!
ReikoX is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:15 AM #23
dc2569

dc2569 has a spectacular aura aboutdc2569 has a spectacular aura aboutdc2569 has a spectacular aura aboutdc2569 has a spectacular aura about
Awesome job. Are you using antiwilt how many days til full de hood?
dc2569 is offline Quote

Old 09-04-2017, 03:47 PM #24
RumblefishTwist

RumblefishTwist is on a distinguished road
Use a similar method, but coco coir instead of perlite. Also, no reservoir or dome. Simply place in a shallow cooler under CFL. Coco should be wet, and foliar spray is done daily to help keep up humidity levels while rooting.

Also, i clone in clear plastic cups, placed inside a colored cup to block light. Lift out clear plastic cup to check for roots. Good to transplant in a couple weeks.
RumblefishTwist is offline Quote

Old 09-04-2017, 04:44 PM #25
DocTim420
The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...

DocTim420 has disabled reputation
For jumbo clones (as in beer cup size), try using a 3 or 5 gallon bucket (with a splash of water in the bottom) to hold the cups and then use those elastic "shower caps" (dollar store) to cover the bucket top; clear shower caps work best, imo. I place my buckets on the floor and use the indirect light from my veg lights for the light source.

I don't create "jumbo clones" anymore since they do take a little longer to root up--whereas, in my garden (I use moistened Promix HP in those 2" net cups), cuttings around 5-6" or so root up in about 10-14 days after being snipped (and that includes a 2 day water soak after "snip" and before inserted in the rooting medium). The jumbo clones take about 20 days or so and require additional hydration...not so with cuttings in 2" net cups (less work for me).
DocTim420 is offline Quote

Old 12-14-2017, 11:35 AM #26
sirtween

sirtween has a spectacular aura aboutsirtween has a spectacular aura aboutsirtween has a spectacular aura aboutsirtween has a spectacular aura aboutsirtween has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for sharing man. look a great method i will try it newt time i clone, usually i've 70% success rate
sirtween is offline Quote

Old 01-02-2018, 02:35 PM #27
T_B_M

T_B_M will become famous soon enoughT_B_M will become famous soon enough
Very good write up on the actual cutting up of the donor branch for cloning. That is the most overlooked part of the process and seems to never have details. I use your exact method except I run DWC so I just soak rockwool cubes to place the clones in. I just some them in some weak nutrient solution at 5.5pH, then water when they are feeling dry on the outside. This plus the humidity dome gives me roots coming out of the cubes in ~12 days, so I assume the clone itself shoots roots a few days prior.

I would recommend anyone using a hydro method for growing to use the cubes for cloning so they can be easily planted into a net pot with clay pellets. The cube gives some structure to help hold the plant upright as well when it gets bigger.

I've even cloned donor plants that were root bound with hardened red stems, they just take longer. No cloning gel needed, that stuff is useless. I seem to do better without it. But I also found hydro to be 10x easier than soil growing, so maybe its me :p Either way, saves money and time.
T_B_M is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:56 PM #28
DEATH BY SNUSNU

DEATH BY SNUSNU will become famous soon enoughDEATH BY SNUSNU will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumblefishTwist View Post
Use a similar method, but coco coir instead of perlite. Also, no reservoir or dome. Simply place in a shallow cooler under CFL. Coco should be wet, and foliar spray is done daily to help keep up humidity levels while rooting.

Also, i clone in clear plastic cups, placed inside a colored cup to block light. Lift out clear plastic cup to check for roots. Good to transplant in a couple weeks.
YAZ! This is the post/comment I've been looking for. Trying the same thing and wanted some validation. My logic....the cuts seem to love love love rockwool but I hate hate hate the stuff. Also I'm sick of using electricity and done using those peatplugs. Rooting clones should not cost us anything but somehow it's a nice kept secret money maker. Good luck with the coir tec!
DEATH BY SNUSNU is offline Quote

Old 02-25-2018, 09:26 PM #29
RanchoRelaxo

RanchoRelaxo is a jewel in the roughRanchoRelaxo is a jewel in the roughRanchoRelaxo is a jewel in the roughRanchoRelaxo is a jewel in the roughRanchoRelaxo is a jewel in the roughRanchoRelaxo is a jewel in the rough
Nice tutorial, pictures and write up!
RanchoRelaxo is offline Quote

Old 02-25-2018, 09:43 PM #30
9DRAGONS

9DRAGONS will become famous soon enough9DRAGONS will become famous soon enough
what can go wrong?
very nice, i like to give space to my cuttings i defo get a higher rate of success. put 66 cuts in that propagator, and and its a little more tricky,

i know like 33 cutting to that size propagator, but you do it like, 10 so even better

cool man happy growing brother
9DRAGONS is offline Quote