Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Cuttings & Propagation Techniques > CLONES!!! 7-14 Days! 99% Success Rate!

Thread Title Search
CLONES!!! 7-14 Days! 99% Success Rate! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-12-2016, 11:14 PM #11
mtntrogger

mtntrogger is a glorious beacon of lightmtntrogger is a glorious beacon of lightmtntrogger is a glorious beacon of lightmtntrogger is a glorious beacon of lightmtntrogger is a glorious beacon of lightmtntrogger is a glorious beacon of lightmtntrogger is a glorious beacon of lightmtntrogger is a glorious beacon of lightmtntrogger is a glorious beacon of lightmtntrogger is a glorious beacon of lightmtntrogger is a glorious beacon of light
Cool Tutorial SGS ! Thank you for your contributions sir

Old 12-13-2016, 12:49 AM #12
DocTim420
The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...

DocTim420 has disabled reputation
SGS,

View the water soaking as "hydrating the cutting" (think placing cut flowers in a vase of water).

I use a propagation tray with water to about 1/2" from the top (gallon or so). To hold the cuttings I use an upside down rooting cube tray (10 x 5 = 50 spots) placed in the water--modified as follows: remove one row (length-wise) and one row (width-wise), now you have 36 spots (9 x 4). With the cube tray upside down submerged in the water, the small holes hold the cuttings upright, keeping the leaf tissue dry. I shine a CFL lamp on it 24/7 and I do trim the leaf and make the final 45 degree cut before the water soak.

Time between snip from and transplant to soil in 16 oz cup (48 hour water soak + days in root cube under humidity dome) is about 14 days...sometimes 12, and sometimes 16-18. If I get backed up/busy/no room, I have been known to extend the water soak to week plus (no reason to change the water) and full 3 weeks in root cubes. I would not advise doing both again...I had cuttings with giant roots and cried when I broke a few root shoots...lol, they "outgrew" the tiny 2" netting cups.

Do an experiment...about 2 days before you do clone--snip some for the water soak thing, then run a side-by-side clones.

Since I nip/cut each leaf before water soaking...every leaf that is missing a nip/cut I know grew during the water soak. I have seen as many as 3 new leaf sets (8 day water soak)--and even had new root shoots while soaking under water.

Zero mushy stems, zero rot or bacteria issues (probably from the chlorine in my tap water), and no limpy/leaning cuttings--seems the water makes them stand up at attention.
DocTim420 is offline Quote

Old 12-13-2016, 06:33 AM #13
maxmurder

maxmurder is just really nicemaxmurder is just really nicemaxmurder is just really nicemaxmurder is just really nicemaxmurder is just really nicemaxmurder is just really nicemaxmurder is just really nicemaxmurder is just really nicemaxmurder is just really nicemaxmurder is just really nicemaxmurder is just really nice
nice thread
thanks for posting

Old 12-13-2016, 07:06 PM #14
dr-dank

dr-dank will become famous soon enoughdr-dank will become famous soon enough
question. Do you ever top off the cups once you have inserted the cuts? Or is this initial hydration and lower 1/3 of the cup a sufficient reservoir to get them to root?

Seems after 10-14 days things might get a bit funky in the bottoms and one would want to flush them out/exchange the water.

Thanks for any clarifications.

Regards
dr-dank is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:07 AM #15
1G12
flatulent in 3 different languages

1G12 is a glorious beacon of light1G12 is a glorious beacon of light1G12 is a glorious beacon of light1G12 is a glorious beacon of light1G12 is a glorious beacon of light1G12 is a glorious beacon of light1G12 is a glorious beacon of light1G12 is a glorious beacon of light1G12 is a glorious beacon of light1G12 is a glorious beacon of light1G12 is a glorious beacon of light
Question for SGS

After having yur cuttings in the cups for the required amount of time, how do you recommend checking for root development without damaging whatever has (or hasn't) developed? And so what do you do if you find you need to leave them in the cups for a little longer before transplanting?
Thanks.
"Too many good docs are getting out of business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." — George W. Bush - Sept. 6, 2004, at a rally in Poplar Bluff, Mo.
1G12 is offline Quote

Old 02-13-2017, 08:52 PM #16
1G12
flatulent in 3 different languages

1G12 is a glorious beacon of light1G12 is a glorious beacon of light1G12 is a glorious beacon of light1G12 is a glorious beacon of light1G12 is a glorious beacon of light1G12 is a glorious beacon of light1G12 is a glorious beacon of light1G12 is a glorious beacon of light1G12 is a glorious beacon of light1G12 is a glorious beacon of light1G12 is a glorious beacon of light
Well, I've never attempted right and proper cloning before. So, I followed the SGS method here as close as I could. The only additional thing I did was dip in some Clonex. After 11 days things turned have turned out perfect, perfect, perfect!!!!

Thank you SGS for a great teaching thread!!
"Too many good docs are getting out of business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." — George W. Bush - Sept. 6, 2004, at a rally in Poplar Bluff, Mo.
1G12 is offline Quote

Old 02-13-2017, 10:29 PM #17
mtntrogger

mtntrogger is a glorious beacon of lightmtntrogger is a glorious beacon of lightmtntrogger is a glorious beacon of lightmtntrogger is a glorious beacon of lightmtntrogger is a glorious beacon of lightmtntrogger is a glorious beacon of lightmtntrogger is a glorious beacon of lightmtntrogger is a glorious beacon of lightmtntrogger is a glorious beacon of lightmtntrogger is a glorious beacon of lightmtntrogger is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1G12 View Post
Well, I've never attempted right and proper cloning before. So, I followed the SGS method here as close as I could. The only additional thing I did was dip in some Clonex. After 11 days things turned have turned out perfect, perfect, perfect!!!!

Thank you SGS for a great teaching thread!!
Nice man !

Old 02-13-2017, 10:35 PM #18
mtntrogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocTim420 View Post
SGS,

View the water soaking as "hydrating the cutting" (think placing cut flowers in a vase of water).

I use a propagation tray with water to about 1/2" from the top (gallon or so). To hold the cuttings I use an upside down rooting cube tray (10 x 5 = 50 spots) placed in the water--modified as follows: remove one row (length-wise) and one row (width-wise), now you have 36 spots (9 x 4). With the cube tray upside down submerged in the water, the small holes hold the cuttings upright, keeping the leaf tissue dry. I shine a CFL lamp on it 24/7 and I do trim the leaf and make the final 45 degree cut before the water soak.

Time between snip from and transplant to soil in 16 oz cup (48 hour water soak + days in root cube under humidity dome) is about 14 days...sometimes 12, and sometimes 16-18. If I get backed up/busy/no room, I have been known to extend the water soak to week plus (no reason to change the water) and full 3 weeks in root cubes. I would not advise doing both again...I had cuttings with giant roots and cried when I broke a few root shoots...lol, they "outgrew" the tiny 2" netting cups.

Do an experiment...about 2 days before you do clone--snip some for the water soak thing, then run a side-by-side clones.

Since I nip/cut each leaf before water soaking...every leaf that is missing a nip/cut I know grew during the water soak. I have seen as many as 3 new leaf sets (8 day water soak)--and even had new root shoots while soaking under water.

Zero mushy stems, zero rot or bacteria issues (probably from the chlorine in my tap water), and no limpy/leaning cuttings--seems the water makes them stand up at attention.
In my efforts to improve my success rates I researched many threads on here. This water soaking technique seems super helpful. I left my snips in shot glasses with distilled h2o, changed the water a few times , left the cuts in the glasses for about 4 days before planting in rockwool , no clone gel or such. They dont need the dome at all , no wilting and look very healthy at 10 days, expecting them to be ready to plant in about a week. I do need to moisten the cubes every day or so, I just use "Snypes" mix in a spray bottle .

Old 05-12-2017, 03:08 PM #19
Nomad28743

Nomad28743 will become famous soon enoughNomad28743 will become famous soon enough
Mtntrogger,
What is Snypes mix? I tried the search tool and did not get results.
TY
Nomad28743 is offline Quote

Old 07-12-2017, 11:30 PM #20
Dro Smoe

Dro Smoe will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad28743 View Post
Mtntrogger,
What is Snypes mix? I tried the search tool and did not get results.
TY
Here ya go... https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=271222
Dro Smoe is offline Quote