Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Fusarium Spp.

Thread Title Search
Fusarium Spp. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-27-2016, 01:42 PM #41
chris harris

Awesome info guys. Chitosan does sound interesting, I doubt that it would be that easy to eradicate fursarium with it though, as well.. I believe it is systemic, but must be air borne as well, as it's classified as a fungi, which would involve spores. I see one paper even recommends burning all plant material during cleanup.
Positive pressure in growroom is great idea, for those exact reasons, maybe even run a sealed room.
As for H2O2, I ran 1.5 ml/ L for every feeding, and it did nothing. Probably would need extreme concentration levels to work, which would kill the plants.
Even though I'm not dealing with this pathogen anymore, I'm interested in this info. Thanks again.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:47 PM #42
FRANKIE1579

FRANKIE1579 will become famous soon enoughFRANKIE1579 will become famous soon enough
It's definitely airborne. When this problem was beginning, a tray of clones after rooting (the dome stayed on) had gorgeous white roots. Took the dome off, next day brown root tips and the downhill slope began for them.
FRANKIE1579 is offline Quote

Old 11-28-2016, 03:04 AM #43
FRANKIE1579

FRANKIE1579 will become famous soon enoughFRANKIE1579 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOutlawTree View Post
I had lab confirmed fusarium spp oxysporum. Fusarium oxysporum is systemic / clones from infected mom will always have it.

Crazy thing is, plants or mothers that are infected in veg don't look that bad, they will just never get that healthy dark green / shiny look to the leaves. Usually decline in plant health will start rapidly around week 3 in flower on infected plants.

I fixed my problem by spraying a pure bleach solution on the walls / mopping the floor with pure bleach. I heated room to 150f for about 45 mins after the cleaning. Painted all surface areas with zinsner.

Switched to organic growing principles and problem pretty much went away. I have noticed that having healthy plants at all stages is the most important, and it starts with your moms. Most growers don't put the effort in to keep moms in tip top shape.

Dip healthy cuttings in a strong mycostop solution before you even plug them into rapid rooters. Make sure your not just 'organic' but your soil is balanced as close to albrecht ratios as possible. Give your plants the trace minerals it needs in the soil or by foliar spraying..zinc, copper, manganese etc. Try not to let EC drop or fluctuate to much- keep things stable.

I used Em1 a lot at first but switched to weekly Tainio spectrum drenches since it's got all kinds of different beneficials instead of just lacto.
I can definitely vouch for keeping everything healthy being the most important aspect. This all started when I left one of our locations for 3 weeks to work on upgrades to another and trusted when I was told everything looked great when I called for updates. Came back and everything looked like s**t. It spread from there to the other locations. I knew something was wrong I just did not know how serious it was till recently.

Old 11-29-2016, 01:40 AM #44
doneit

doneit is just really nicedoneit is just really nicedoneit is just really nicedoneit is just really nicedoneit is just really nicedoneit is just really nicedoneit is just really nicedoneit is just really nicedoneit is just really nice
Frankie...
Any luck finding a good source for the chitosan??

Also... how do you think it will affect beneficial bacteria like Caps???
doneit is offline Quote

Old 11-29-2016, 02:28 AM #45
FRANKIE1579

The link is a few posts back. I haven't ordered any myself due to the same concerns regarding beneficials

Old 11-29-2016, 05:24 AM #46
doneit

doneit is just really nicedoneit is just really nicedoneit is just really nicedoneit is just really nicedoneit is just really nicedoneit is just really nicedoneit is just really nicedoneit is just really nicedoneit is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Shadow View Post
chitosan oligosaccharide and MEJA

Go Str8 Super Saiyan Blue aka GOD KI

Fear nothing
Can you elaborate more plz??
doneit is offline Quote

Old 11-30-2016, 07:46 PM #47
doneit

Spoke with Robbie at rosmania...
He suggested Pageant fungicide..
Relatively new product that is showing success in this war..
What do you guys think?

https://betterplants.basf.us/products...fungicide.html
doneit is offline Quote

Old 11-30-2016, 09:10 PM #48
king oscar

king oscar will become famous soon enough
Have you tried the physan 20 in the res all the time?

I don't have pathology but I have all your symptoms and without the physan my plants completely self destruct by mid flower.

I think genetics are important too I have one strain that is completely unaffected
king oscar is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:23 PM #49
FRANKIE1579

Doneit if you are going that route get Empress Intrisnic and not Pageant. Pageant is a mix of two fungicides only one of which is for fusarium. Empress has that one ingredient but in far higher concentration. Yes it is effective. But it wont cure your problem.

Old 11-30-2016, 09:25 PM #50
FRANKIE1579

Hey king oscar, I've never ran full on hydro I've always used substrates so I can't speak for it working for me or not. I do know that adding physan or zero tol drain to waste had marginal effect, but that was only applied every 3-4 days when they needed to be watered.