Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Concentrates > Filling recovery tank with butane cans and presure gauge

Thread Title Search
Filling recovery tank with butane cans and presure gauge Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2016, 04:38 PM #1
topset1976

topset1976 will become famous soon enough
Filling recovery tank with butane cans and presure gauge

Greetings again, since i want to limit any change of blowing my self up I'd really like to get your input on my recovery tank and what options I should get to make sure I'm all set. So here is my cls that is on the way

I have a master case of butane in cans that I am going to add to the tank shown in the pic when it arrives. I need to know what lines and tools I should use to add the tane to the tank. I planned on getting a can tap and shooting each can into the cls since that will remove any mystery oil, correct?

Can i just use the hose that comes with the cls and connect it to the can tap and then run it to the top of the cls and tap the can then repeat until full?

Its a 30# tank so i know how much butane it can hold and how many cans to shoot and passively moving it back to the tank is no problem so really my concern is getting the cans in the system to clean the gas and what other hoses/gauges/tees i might need. Is a pressure gauge so I can tell the pressure in the recovery tank needed as well? Is there one you can recommend?

Any benefit in getting a tee or manifold for the recovery tank? I know I have been asking a bunch of questions but I appreciate the heads up and so does my wife I will not do my first run until I feel fully confident no fireballs will occur lol thus the many questions.
topset1976 is offline Quote

Old 10-22-2016, 04:41 PM #2
Loc Dog

Loc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset1976 View Post
Greetings again, since i want to limit any change of blowing my self up I'd really like to get your input on my recovery tank and what options I should get to make sure I'm all set. So here is my cls that is on the way

View Image

I have a master case of butane in cans that I am going to add to the tank shown in the pic when it arrives. I need to know what lines and tools I should use to add the tane to the tank. I planned on getting a can tap and shooting each can into the cls since that will remove any mystery oil, correct?

Can i just use the hose that comes with the cls and connect it to the can tap and then run it to the top of the cls and tap the can then repeat until full?

Its a 30# tank so i know how much butane it can hold and how many cans to shoot and passively moving it back to the tank is no problem so really my concern is getting the cans in the system to clean the gas and what other hoses/gauges/tees i might need. Is a pressure gauge so I can tell the pressure in the recovery tank needed as well? Is there one you can recommend?

Any benefit in getting a tee or manifold for the recovery tank? I know I have been asking a bunch of questions but I appreciate the heads up and so does my wife I will not do my first run until I feel fully confident no fireballs will occur lol thus the many questions.
I do not have this one, but something like this. Can side tap.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/R-134a-R22-R...ZXNNSl&vxp=mtr
Loc Dog is offline Quote

Old 10-22-2016, 07:40 PM #3
NorPene Solutions
Vendor

NorPene Solutions is a jewel in the roughNorPene Solutions is a jewel in the roughNorPene Solutions is a jewel in the roughNorPene Solutions is a jewel in the roughNorPene Solutions is a jewel in the roughNorPene Solutions is a jewel in the roughNorPene Solutions is a jewel in the rough
A 30 lb tank does not hold 30 lbs of butane!!! At 80% water weight, it only holds 12 lbs of tane!

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:45 PM #4
SkyHighLer
Got me a stone bad Mana

SkyHighLer is a splendid one to beholdSkyHighLer is a splendid one to beholdSkyHighLer is a splendid one to beholdSkyHighLer is a splendid one to beholdSkyHighLer is a splendid one to beholdSkyHighLer is a splendid one to beholdSkyHighLer is a splendid one to beholdSkyHighLer is a splendid one to beholdSkyHighLer is a splendid one to beholdSkyHighLer is a splendid one to beholdSkyHighLer is a splendid one to behold
Bret Maverick explaining canned butane distillation with a passive CLS,

https://youtu.be/c2iNvbtvwKw

Remove the restrictive valve in the can tapper!

https://youtu.be/HbtXcXZCzxE
3. Click on the 'reload this page' icon, or hit the return key.

Best to Worst Canned Butane List
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...6&postcount=28

Cannabis Alchemy by D. Gold
https://calgarycmmc.com/E-books/E%20B...0D.%20Gold.pdf

Hash oil techniques and solvents for non BHO hash oil?
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=338633

Solvents listed as to polarity
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...&postcount=162

The Truth Machine by James L. Halperin (free read provided by the author)
https://coins.ha.com/information/ttm.s
SkyHighLer is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-23-2016, 01:04 PM #5
topset1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorPene Solutions View Post
A 30 lb tank does not hold 30 lbs of butane!!! At 80% water weight, it only holds 12 lbs of tane!
Thanks norpene I should have been more specific. Offically the tank is called a 30# tank but I know it holds around 2/3 less then that in butane. Another bit of info I can thank icmag for I do appreciate the post though for those who might not know.

Old 10-23-2016, 07:56 PM #6
Gray Wolf
A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.

Gray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset1976 View Post
Thanks norpene I should have been more specific. Offically the tank is called a 30# tank but I know it holds around 2/3 less then that in butane. Another bit of info I can thank icmag for I do appreciate the post though for those who might not know.
Umm, not 2/3rd! It holds 30# of water or about 18# of .601SpG n-Butane full, but as NPS notes, at a legal 80% fill, only about 14.4 lbs.

Believing is seeing and ignorance is bliss until it bites you in the ass!

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools from wise men.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.

Last edited by Gray Wolf; 10-23-2016 at 08:38 PM..
Gray Wolf is offline Quote

Old 10-25-2016, 12:27 PM #7
topset1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post
Umm, not 2/3rd! It holds 30# of water or about 18# of .601SpG n-Butane full, but as NPS notes, at a legal 80% fill, only about 14.4 lbs.
Thanks gw I always in my head just said Kerri it cost to 10# of butane just to be safe but I guess that's why I'm looking for advice for what gauges and manifolds are thought best to have so no guessing is needed and safely can be a certainty. Thanks for the help!