Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Cuttings & Propagation Techniques > Sending clones - best way

Thread Title Search
Sending clones - best way Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-09-2018, 07:59 PM #31
Snook

Snook has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsu View Post
Just reading through this thread again.

You really don't have to put that much work into sending cuts. They don't need to be rooted and they don't need any fancy packaging.

Take the cuts. Put them in a ziplock and press out the air. Label the baggy. Stick it in a DVD case and send. That's it.

The only issue is outside temperature and shipping time. If it's really hot, they'll start to rot if it takes too long and if it's really cold, they'll freeze. Either way, additional moisture is not going to help so I DO NOT recommend spraying them OR wrapping the stem in a moist paper towel.

Any doubts? Ask the heads in the UK how the Bubba, Chocolate Trip, and ECSD made it across the pond.
and dont cheap out! use next day or at the least 2 day air.

Snook is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:04 PM #32
Katsu

Katsu is just really niceKatsu is just really niceKatsu is just really niceKatsu is just really niceKatsu is just really niceKatsu is just really niceKatsu is just really niceKatsu is just really niceKatsu is just really nice
In the US, I never found 2 day necessary, but I did pony up the extra $$ when shipping across the pond :-)

Think before you speak, then think again.
Give freely without expecting anything in return.
My Kush can beat up your Kush
Katsu is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:40 PM #33
Somatek

Somatek has a spectacular aura aboutSomatek has a spectacular aura aboutSomatek has a spectacular aura aboutSomatek has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by megayields View Post
Good for you OLD dude...doesnt change a thing about what I believe in..lol
Interesting choice of words using "what I believe in" instead of "what I know". On the one hand you're incredibly rude and dismissive but it's also very truthful to acknowledge that it's just your opinion.

Between the two I'll take Katsu's advice as he's been around for ages, has consistently proven to be a upstanding member of he community and it's based on solid science (i.e. moisture and air speed up decomposition).
Somatek is offline Quote

Old 11-09-2018, 09:47 PM #34
bigtacofarmer

bigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant future
Whatever way gaurantees they arrive pest and mildew free.
bigtacofarmer is online now Quote

Old 11-13-2018, 06:15 PM #35
Katsu

Katsu is just really niceKatsu is just really niceKatsu is just really niceKatsu is just really niceKatsu is just really niceKatsu is just really niceKatsu is just really niceKatsu is just really niceKatsu is just really nice
Not to mention that my way takes WAAAAAY less time, and you could send a backup of your entire garden to somebody in minutes :-)

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-13-2018, 06:35 PM #36
ahortator

ahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to behold
Then later when they arrive...

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-24-2018, 08:06 PM #37
Henry_420

Henry_420 is on a distinguished road
I tried all these methods and they all worked fine. I would still avoid the ziploc bag for the most exlusive cuts though
Henry_420 is offline Quote

Old 12-09-2018, 07:09 PM #38
Katsu

I like the idea of the straw - I think I will incorporate this into next send. More discreet and a little extra protection :-)

Try sending dry next time - if it's not freezing or really hot, you can send via regular or priority - they'll last a week in transit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snook View Post
A cut, with just a top nub and no leaves, fits nicely inside a McDonnalds straw, 1 cut per straw (free at mcD) a few straws vac-packed & put inside bubble mailer> https://store.usps.com/store/product/shipping-supplies/readypost-10-12-x-16-inch-bubble-mailers-P_843062... I have done this with wet paper towel but good case for none..

for best results, NEXT DAY MAIL option.. yes too, mail on the first working day of the week.. Mon, Tues Wed..

Old 12-10-2018, 12:21 AM #39
wutwut

wutwut is a jewel in the roughwutwut is a jewel in the roughwutwut is a jewel in the roughwutwut is a jewel in the roughwutwut is a jewel in the roughwutwut is a jewel in the rough
what is best way try to root those received cuts? cup of water, rockwool or soil?

Old 12-10-2018, 12:25 AM #40
Cannavore

Cannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivor

+

Cannavore is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.