Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Cuttings & Propagation Techniques > Sending clones - best way

Thread Title Search
Sending clones - best way Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-22-2016, 12:32 AM #21
DocTim420
The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...

DocTim420 has disabled reputation
Ahhh, power of google. It is called "cloneshipper".

Where you buy them? No idea.
DocTim420 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-24-2016, 01:23 PM #22
SICE

SICE has a spectacular aura aboutSICE has a spectacular aura aboutSICE has a spectacular aura aboutSICE has a spectacular aura about
I wonder what the limits are for the days a clone can survive in transit
SICE is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-24-2016, 02:57 PM #23
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SICE View Post
I wonder what the limits are for the days a clone can survive in transit
It all depends on the shipping method used.

I'd be willing to bet that a clone could survive for a couple months, given the right amount of moisture... (think terrarium)

However, I wouldnt think a cutting would survive nearly as long. Maybe 2 weeks max...

I've taken cuttings out of the trash that were there for 3 days & they rooted just fine. Some cultivars are just survivors!
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 12-24-2016, 02:57 PM #24
jahshaka

jahshaka has a spectacular aura aboutjahshaka has a spectacular aura aboutjahshaka has a spectacular aura aboutjahshaka has a spectacular aura about
yes the dvd tissue paper works...just remember to vac seal the dvd cover. have recieved like that from a clone fairy!
jahshaka is offline Quote

Old 06-02-2017, 03:17 PM #25
Claude Hopper
Old Skool Rulz

Claude Hopper is a name known to allClaude Hopper is a name known to allClaude Hopper is a name known to allClaude Hopper is a name known to allClaude Hopper is a name known to allClaude Hopper is a name known to allClaude Hopper is a name known to allClaude Hopper is a name known to allClaude Hopper is a name known to allClaude Hopper is a name known to allClaude Hopper is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by jahshaka View Post
have recieved like that from a clone fairy!

I've never seen a clone fairy....but i believe.

Ace is the Place

Old Grows:Hybrids From Hell Hashplant and Hashplant2 2. Vertigo & Pandora
Claude Hopper is offline Quote

Old 04-12-2018, 05:55 AM #26
Henry_420

Henry_420 is on a distinguished road
Hey!

Found this article useful = https://goo.gl/r64f38
Their platform is even more useful. The best shit I've come across in a while

Peace
Henry_420 is offline Quote

Old 04-13-2018, 08:20 PM #27
Illuminate
OG refugee

Illuminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud of
Good use of old vhs or beta max cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Nature View Post
I love how this is a plant we've been breeding and manipulating for hundreds of years, if not more, in order to serve our needs yet we've only just recently started taking notes.
Illuminate is offline Quote

Old 05-09-2018, 04:49 PM #28
Snook

Snook has disabled reputation
A cut, with just a top nub and no leaves, fits nicely inside a McDonnalds straw, 1 cut per straw (free at mcD) a few straws vac-packed & put inside bubble mailer> https://store.usps.com/store/product/shipping-supplies/readypost-10-12-x-16-inch-bubble-mailers-P_843062... I have done this with wet paper towel but good case for none..

for best results, NEXT DAY MAIL option.. yes too, mail on the first working day of the week.. Mon, Tues Wed..

Snook is offline Quote

Old 05-09-2018, 05:25 PM #29
MAHA KALA

MAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post
It all depends on the shipping method used.

I'd be willing to bet that a clone could survive for a couple months, given the right amount of moisture... (think terrarium)

However, I wouldnt think a cutting would survive nearly as long. Maybe 2 weeks max...

I've taken cuttings out of the trash that were there for 3 days & they rooted just fine. Some cultivars are just survivors!
that is true, but also depends on the temperature, if its hot weather, cuts can be rotten in less than week. especially when most folks try to keep it moist somehow, but moisture helps rotting. I suggest to keep it dry as possible and send it in cold months-

Old 11-09-2018, 05:42 PM #30
Katsu

Katsu is just really niceKatsu is just really niceKatsu is just really niceKatsu is just really niceKatsu is just really niceKatsu is just really niceKatsu is just really niceKatsu is just really niceKatsu is just really nice
Just reading through this thread again.

You really don't have to put that much work into sending cuts. They don't need to be rooted and they don't need any fancy packaging.

Take the cuts. Put them in a ziplock and press out the air. Label the baggy. Stick it in a DVD case and send. That's it.

The only issue is outside temperature and shipping time. If it's really hot, they'll start to rot if it takes too long and if it's really cold, they'll freeze. Either way, additional moisture is not going to help so I DO NOT recommend spraying them OR wrapping the stem in a moist paper towel.

Any doubts? Ask the heads in the UK how the Bubba, Chocolate Trip, and ECSD made it across the pond.

Think before you speak, then think again.
Give freely without expecting anything in return.
My Kush can beat up your Kush
Katsu is offline Quote

13 members found this post helpful.