Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Cuttings & Propagation Techniques > ROOTED clones in refrigerator stasis

Thread Title Search
ROOTED clones in refrigerator stasis Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-26-2016, 04:34 AM #21
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Shit...
I'm gonna go get a few cuts & try this myself...

What, exactly, did you do to prep your cuts, TrippleDraw?
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 07-26-2016, 05:31 AM #22
CannaBruh

CannaBruh will become famous soon enough
hehe I have my doubts but along for the ride.
CannaBruh is offline Quote

Old 08-28-2016, 06:18 AM #23
Tonygreen
IC Mag Supporter

Tonygreen is a survivorTonygreen is a survivorTonygreen is a survivorTonygreen is a survivorTonygreen is a survivorTonygreen is a survivorTonygreen is a survivorTonygreen is a survivorTonygreen is a survivorTonygreen is a survivorTonygreen is a survivor
You cant keep em in the freezer, people keep em in the crisper in the fridge...
I have seen frost damaged clones, it aint pretty...
Ever see your garden after the first frost?

KNOWN BUBBLE HEAD
Tonygreen is online now Quote

Old 08-28-2016, 06:41 AM #24
Slipnot

Slipnot is just really niceSlipnot is just really niceSlipnot is just really niceSlipnot is just really niceSlipnot is just really niceSlipnot is just really niceSlipnot is just really niceSlipnot is just really niceSlipnot is just really niceSlipnot is just really niceSlipnot is just really nice
Got to love this my god in the freezer technique lol nah i wouldnt waste my time trying it with the shitiest strain known to man the clone will die let alone sticking a full grown plant in a freezer one thing is plant getting frost but its root system is in warmth they will survive
A mature plant not clone talking a well rooted plant could survive longer but it would need sun light

The coldest my plants ever seen was - 12 degrees over night it survived in morning i was like Fuck me shes done but once the sun came out and temps warmed up so did plant it carried on doing her thing ..
but a clone weak as newly rooted clone you sneeze on the dam thing and it could die let alone sticking it in the Freezer

Agreed Bull shit
Slipnot is offline Quote

Old 09-02-2016, 01:36 AM #25
Timm

This shit works. First time they all died but the next time round I kept them in a solid food container inside a freezer bag so they don't spoil. It's been almost 7 weeks now and they all look good I tried to root a couple of them out of curiosity and they all rooted in 1 week or less.

Old 09-02-2016, 03:04 AM #26
Bobbo4200

Bobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant future
It works.

Connoissuer Genetics Test Grow of OGs1 x GSC, done.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=293971

Connoissuer Genetics SSSDH, on going.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=281698

Connoissuer Genetics Triangle Cheesedog x OG Chem, on going.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=313723

Connoissuer Genetics SD x Casey Jones x OG Chem, done.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=312851

Ace Seeds Malawi, Golden Tiger.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=322077
Bobbo4200 is offline Quote

Old 09-09-2016, 10:18 AM #27
bigbadbiddy

bigbadbiddy is just really nicebigbadbiddy is just really nicebigbadbiddy is just really nicebigbadbiddy is just really nicebigbadbiddy is just really nicebigbadbiddy is just really nicebigbadbiddy is just really nicebigbadbiddy is just really nicebigbadbiddy is just really nicebigbadbiddy is just really nice
Lol this is insane.

That changes the game, for me at least.

I want to cut backup clones for future selection and was always stymied by the problem of having them rooted before I send their parents into flower.

My problem is when I harvest the parents, they will already be quite big and I have to prune them so they don't grow too large as they are just backups.
Pruning can lead to stress and plants dying though so I though I will just have to take 2 backup clones so I have 1 I can prune and the other won't be pruned until the first one propped itself back up.
Even after all this, I would still have to dry and ferment then test the mothers before I could make a selection.
I would assume that I would have to prune the backup clones a second time before I can conclude my selection.

This method (freezing) changes everything.
I could just take several cuts per plant and freeze them, make my selection and then pull the selected cuts from the freezer and root them.

No more pruning, no light, soil, water, nutes, pots being occupied by plants that might be culled after all.

Love it, will definitely try!
bigbadbiddy is offline Quote

Old 09-09-2016, 03:34 PM #28
mule420

mule420 is just really nicemule420 is just really nicemule420 is just really nicemule420 is just really nicemule420 is just really nicemule420 is just really nicemule420 is just really nicemule420 is just really nicemule420 is just really nice
Freezing will kill them! Stay tuned I'm going to do this, I will post pictures of the process. I have two different freezers and multiple strains. It will fail and I'm going to prove it! The cuts will be taken Sunday frozen for 3 days and brought back out to thaw and try and revive. They will end up like frozen lettuce mushy and dead... I'm impartial to tests but this ones gonna be busted...

Member #1
Colorado Chia Pet Collective
mule420 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-16-2016, 04:50 AM #29
ictiv

ictiv will become famous soon enoughictiv will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mule420 View Post
Freezing will kill them! Stay tuned I'm going to do this, I will post pictures of the process. I have two different freezers and multiple strains. It will fail and I'm going to prove it! The cuts will be taken Sunday frozen for 3 days and brought back out to thaw and try and revive. They will end up like frozen lettuce mushy and dead... I'm impartial to tests but this ones gonna be busted...
So where are the proof?
ictiv is offline Quote

Old 01-29-2017, 12:02 PM #30
Mattskibop

Mattskibop will become famous soon enough
What happened here? Are we storing our stock in the freezer from now on or what?
Mattskibop is offline Quote