Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Cuttings & Propagation Techniques > ROOTED clones in refrigerator stasis

Thread Title Search
ROOTED clones in refrigerator stasis Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2016, 01:04 AM #1
dlcain

dlcain is on a distinguished road
ROOTED clones in refrigerator stasis

Hey folks,
Is it possible to keep rockwool rooted clones in stasis in the fridge? If so, how long? I searched and found the threads for storing unrooted cuttings, but not rooted clones.

Thx,
-d
dlcain is offline Quote

Old 05-03-2016, 03:06 AM #2
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Cold temps will make for slow growth.
It should work. I don't see why it wouldn't.
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 05-03-2016, 03:11 AM #3
yahooman

yahooman is a jewel in the roughyahooman is a jewel in the roughyahooman is a jewel in the roughyahooman is a jewel in the roughyahooman is a jewel in the roughyahooman is a jewel in the roughyahooman is a jewel in the roughyahooman is a jewel in the rough
i once had unrooted cuttings in a glass of water in my fridge for over 5 weeks,will work for sure!
yahooman is offline Quote

Old 05-03-2016, 04:15 AM #4
Bobbo4200

Bobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant future
Yes they still work after a couple few nights in the fridge. Had them gifted to myself, and I've gifted others rooted cuts as well.

Connoissuer Genetics Test Grow of OGs1 x GSC, done.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=293971

Connoissuer Genetics SSSDH, on going.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=281698

Connoissuer Genetics Triangle Cheesedog x OG Chem, on going.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=313723

Connoissuer Genetics SD x Casey Jones x OG Chem, done.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=312851

Ace Seeds Malawi, Golden Tiger.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=322077
Bobbo4200 is offline Quote

Old 05-03-2016, 06:38 PM #5
lovelightpower
OM NAMAHA SHIVAIYA

lovelightpower is a jewel in the roughlovelightpower is a jewel in the roughlovelightpower is a jewel in the roughlovelightpower is a jewel in the roughlovelightpower is a jewel in the roughlovelightpower is a jewel in the roughlovelightpower is a jewel in the rough
Would the lack of light be an issue? i.e.; stress, wouldn't the funked up lighting cycle trigger flowering.

grow life!
lovelightpower is offline Quote

Old 07-24-2016, 12:58 AM #6
gaiusmarius

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
they will last a while, but with no light they will not last for weeks on end. if you had a weak light in there with them on a 4 on 4 off timer, you could store them for ages. growth will be slowed right down. this needs testing, i know you can keep unrooted cuts in the fridge for a week np and still get them to root. so rooted should be fine for a while too.
gaiusmarius is offline Quote

Old 07-24-2016, 12:38 PM #7
TripleDraw27

TripleDraw27 is a glorious beacon of lightTripleDraw27 is a glorious beacon of lightTripleDraw27 is a glorious beacon of lightTripleDraw27 is a glorious beacon of lightTripleDraw27 is a glorious beacon of lightTripleDraw27 is a glorious beacon of lightTripleDraw27 is a glorious beacon of lightTripleDraw27 is a glorious beacon of lightTripleDraw27 is a glorious beacon of lightTripleDraw27 is a glorious beacon of lightTripleDraw27 is a glorious beacon of light
I have unrooted clones in the freezer for months, 6 to be exact. I take a few out when I need them. They are rigid and good to go. Havent ever tried rooted though.

edit- This is not my ideal situation...I was in a pinch and was told about this from someone I could believe. Most consistent rooters were in the 1-3mo range. From there, just been messing with other times.

Last edited by TripleDraw27; 07-26-2016 at 01:07 AM.. Reason: Didnt put full info
TripleDraw27 is offline Quote

Old 07-24-2016, 06:00 PM #8
gaiusmarius

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleDraw27 View Post
I have unrooted clones in the freezer for months, 6 to be exact. I take a few out when I need them. They are rigid and good to go. Havent ever tried rooted though.
wow really? they don't rot and melt when you defrost them?
gaiusmarius is offline Quote

Old 07-24-2016, 06:02 PM #9
CannaBruh

CannaBruh will become famous soon enough
That's impressive, 6months in the freezer.
CannaBruh is offline Quote

Old 07-24-2016, 06:32 PM #10
meadowman

meadowman is a glorious beacon of lightmeadowman is a glorious beacon of lightmeadowman is a glorious beacon of lightmeadowman is a glorious beacon of lightmeadowman is a glorious beacon of lightmeadowman is a glorious beacon of lightmeadowman is a glorious beacon of lightmeadowman is a glorious beacon of lightmeadowman is a glorious beacon of lightmeadowman is a glorious beacon of lightmeadowman is a glorious beacon of light
i find that hard to believe...not saying your lying, but wouldn't freezing break down the cells n such? i've kept unrooted cuts in fridge for well over a month with no problems rooting.
meadowman is online now Quote