in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seedsman > Original Afghani #1 REG Seedsman

Thread Title Search
Buy Cannabis Seeds at Seedsman
Original Afghani #1 REG Seedsman Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2016, 05:50 AM #1
J TricH
Vendor

J TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to all
J TricH has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Original Afghani #1 REG Seedsman

ORIGINAL AFGHANI #1 REGULAR

Afghani No 1 is a traditional landrace strain collected in the mountains of Afghanistan by Sacred Seeds in the 1970s. It was one of the first pure indica true-breeding strains used in worldwide cannabis breeding programmes. It is well known for its dense buds, copious resin production and its excellent properties for hashish production. This strain has been acclimatised to western growing conditions by selectively crossbreeding various Afghani No 1 parents and selecting offspring plants with favourable traits. The popularity of Afghani No 1 can be seen through its use as a genetic building block in many predominately indica strains created or preserved within the Sensi Seed bank gene pool and other seed companies. Afghani No 1 is a vigorous growing yet small bushy plant, with a strong stem that is renowned for its strong aroma when flowering. Its classic indica properties and true-breeding nature make it an ideal indica parent plant.

GENETICS: Afghani #1
VARIETY: Indica
FLOWERING TYPE: Photoperiod
SEX: Regular
GROWS: Indoors, Outdoors
FLOWERING TIME: 6-7 Weeks
HARVEST MONTH: Mid-Late September

Feel free to share your photos of this strain in this same thread.

https://www.seedsman.com/en/original-afghani-1-seeds
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aOriginal Afghani 07.JPG
Views:	1408
Size:	257.6 KB
ID:	358743 Click image for larger version

Name:	aOriginal Afghani 02.JPG
Views:	1442
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	358744 Click image for larger version

Name:	aOriginal Afghani 03.JPG
Views:	1397
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	358745 Click image for larger version

Name:	aOriginal Afghani 08.JPG
Views:	1435
Size:	223.4 KB
ID:	358746 Click image for larger version

Name:	aOriginal Afghani 09.JPG
Views:	1400
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	358747

J TricH is offline Quote

Old 04-23-2016, 11:00 PM #2
OlDirtyHuman

OlDirtyHuman is a glorious beacon of lightOlDirtyHuman is a glorious beacon of lightOlDirtyHuman is a glorious beacon of lightOlDirtyHuman is a glorious beacon of lightOlDirtyHuman is a glorious beacon of lightOlDirtyHuman is a glorious beacon of lightOlDirtyHuman is a glorious beacon of lightOlDirtyHuman is a glorious beacon of lightOlDirtyHuman is a glorious beacon of lightOlDirtyHuman is a glorious beacon of lightOlDirtyHuman is a glorious beacon of light

Nice citrus smell at first now it's super funky. Looks like it will go 11weeks.
Photos:
Pretty Flowers
OlDirtyHuman is offline Quote

Old 04-24-2016, 08:44 PM #3
J TricH
Vendor

J TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlDirtyHuman View Post

Nice citrus smell at first now it's super funky. Looks like it will go 11weeks.
Hey, thanks for sharing, good smell as always. 11 weeks from seed or true bloom? how many seeds? females ratio? In my case, they took time to sexing, but later flowering was between 7/8 weeks, 5 females one pack 10 seeds, obtaining two distinct phenotypes. One columnar (low citrus, sweet) and other more highly branched and purple tones (high citrus) .. but with very similar times. And good production in both. Attached photos of the three females. Good luck with the end of the harvest. Grown with 200w panel Led.

Plant 1

Plant 2

Plant 3

J TricH is offline Quote

Old 04-24-2016, 09:04 PM #4
corky1968
Banned

Location: Living in a Trichome. These are the Best Homes in the World.
corky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud of
I thought Afghani had only wide leaves.

Some of those in the bud look pretty thin to me.

Wouldn't growing an Afghani one day.

Are they skunky smelling?
corky1968 is offline Quote

Old 04-24-2016, 09:26 PM #5
J TricH
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by corky1968 View Post
I thought Afghani had only wide leaves.

Some of those in the bud look pretty thin to me.

Wouldn't growing an Afghani one day.

Are they skunky smelling?
Yes, this is something that I wondered also, the leaves are very thin, more like sativa. But his size, compact flowers and flowering times are an indica. It's citric and sweet
J TricH is offline Quote

Old 04-24-2016, 11:11 PM #6
corky1968
Banned

Location: Living in a Trichome. These are the Best Homes in the World.
corky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud of
I always though pure indicas were supposed to be acrid, greasy and not fruity.

I only grew Lebanese and it was not fruity at all.

BTW: I just posted what I did with some of that Lebanese.

Check it out.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...&postcount=800
corky1968 is offline Quote

Old 04-25-2016, 01:42 AM #7
J TricH
Vendor

Quote:

Check it out.

About smells, I've never been a great taster for me is difficult to separate these, for example, distinguish earthy smell never get, so I usually generalize and focus on the most basic and general odors. Many say the earthy taste of Afghani, but I am not able to detect it.

Pretty rock you have in that link, I'm a fan of polm hash .. Its flavor fascinates me. And with this gene I had a very special pleasure.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aIMGP7156.JPG
Views:	1326
Size:	236.0 KB
ID:	359503
J TricH is offline Quote

Old 04-25-2016, 06:24 PM #8
OlDirtyHuman

OlDirtyHuman is a glorious beacon of lightOlDirtyHuman is a glorious beacon of lightOlDirtyHuman is a glorious beacon of lightOlDirtyHuman is a glorious beacon of lightOlDirtyHuman is a glorious beacon of lightOlDirtyHuman is a glorious beacon of lightOlDirtyHuman is a glorious beacon of lightOlDirtyHuman is a glorious beacon of lightOlDirtyHuman is a glorious beacon of lightOlDirtyHuman is a glorious beacon of lightOlDirtyHuman is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by J TricH View Post
Hey, thanks for sharing, good smell as always. 11 weeks from seed or true bloom? how many seeds? females ratio? In my case, they took time to sexing, but later flowering was between 7/8 weeks, 5 females one pack 10 seeds, obtaining two distinct phenotypes. One columnar (low citrus, sweet) and other more highly branched and purple tones (high citrus) .. but with very similar times.

It's from seed. I had some overfeeding issues that might have made it go longer than usual. I was told that the free afghani's that Herbies gives out are these seeds so that is what I'm growing. Sorry if that is wrong. I sprouted three of these and got two females. This one was more vigorous and I only had room for one so I culled the second female. Really great aroma and dense buds.

This is from the beginning of flower.
Photos:
Pretty Flowers
OlDirtyHuman is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:54 PM #9
J TricH
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlDirtyHuman View Post
It's from seed. I had some overfeeding issues that might have made it go longer than usual. I was told that the free afghani's that Herbies gives out are these seeds so that is what I'm growing. Sorry if that is wrong. I sprouted three of these and got two females. This one was more vigorous and I only had room for one so I culled the second female. Really great aroma and dense buds.

View Image

This is from the beginning of flower.
Thank you, Yes, are more vigorous plants, they stretch a lot. Their tails are impressive.
J TricH is offline Quote

Old 04-25-2016, 06:55 PM #10
OakyJoe
OGJoe

OakyJoe has much to be proud ofOakyJoe has much to be proud ofOakyJoe has much to be proud ofOakyJoe has much to be proud ofOakyJoe has much to be proud ofOakyJoe has much to be proud ofOakyJoe has much to be proud ofOakyJoe has much to be proud ofOakyJoe has much to be proud ofOakyJoe has much to be proud ofOakyJoe has much to be proud of
OakyJoe has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Quote:

Check it out.

I grew some of the BlueHemp Lebanese and some of them got a great strawberry - berry fruity smell... other got like nothing in that direction...

luposolitario: when the devil caresses you wants something

WHIPEDMEAT: only dumbs clone from 12/12

When you was inside watching Netflix
I was in the crop house wiring electrics

Sometimes people get more high on stories than plants

Das maximale Volumen subterraner Agrarprodukte ist reziprok proportional zur intellektuellen Kapazität des Produzenten

Life is better than you can even imagine.
Life is everything.
Life is love.

I'm free from your spell
Oh I'm free, free, free now
I'm free from your spell
And now that it's all over
All I can do is wish you well
  • Plants require 18 essential nutrients to grow and survive, classified by their importance into macronutrients (C, H, O, N, P, K, Ca, Mg, S) and micronutrients (B, Cu, Fe, Mn, Zn, Mo, Cl, Co, Ni). Study Tip!
  • Nutrients may be mobile or immobile in the plant and in the soil, which influences redistribution of nutrients and display of deficiency symptoms, and the fertilization of crops.
OakyJoe is offline Quote