Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > The Great Indoors, Outside.

Thread Title Search
The Great Indoors, Outside. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-01-2015, 07:02 PM #41
EssentialGround

EssentialGround has a spectacular aura aboutEssentialGround has a spectacular aura aboutEssentialGround has a spectacular aura aboutEssentialGround has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylder View Post
What do the airbags on the side do? Nice setup.

That is inflatable ducting..Bringing in hot air..
EssentialGround is offline Quote

Old 12-01-2015, 07:15 PM #42
EssentialGround

EssentialGround has a spectacular aura aboutEssentialGround has a spectacular aura aboutEssentialGround has a spectacular aura aboutEssentialGround has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by furrywall11 View Post
Wow, that's beautiful bro. I'd really like to do something like that this at some point. The best of both worlds. I did a 1420 square foot greenhouse that was packed so tight that we were almost always getting brushed by branches and we managed to get 1/oz per square foot which is I guess the benchmark when you're doing just natural light.

I guess the gavitas will take care of the temps during the on period but have you done any calculations on how much it will cost per day to heat the greenhouse during the off period? I bought a couple modine hawtdags and they go through a heck of a lot of fuel. Any concerns about soil temps? Are your lights run off of the grid or a diesel generator?

Anyways, just beautiful man.....btw, I grew that Allen Wrench and I dug it. Looked just like indoor and had a very unique nose. It was the only strain in the garden that threw out some
nanners though so, might want to give it a look through now and again.

Peace bradah

Gavitas still dont get it hot enough to dodge the dew point.
THe heater can use up to 2.87 GPH when running at full capacity which is 400,000BTU.. With a 42 gallon tank and this cold snap, it is drinking a tank+ a day. Multiply that by 1.50 a gallon for off road (red)diesel when you buy 1,000 gallons or more. I have a 2000gallon diesel tank ..it helps....

Thanks for the heads up on the Allen Wrench
(Diesel x Trainwreck). When I used run the diesel back in 08-09 it would always throw nanners around week 5-6, I hate that shit. Damn that makes me a bit uneasy to think that Ive got 6 lights of Allen wrench right in the middle of the GH...heh

Fingers crossed I wont be hunting in the bush, pinching nanners!

Yea its really is the best of both worlds. With the tarp off I get nice winter blue x the gavita, the plants are blowing up.. Soil temps are steady 68-72F. I blast the heat and keep it at 80f+ during lights on. With 70 yards of soil I can turn the heater down to 65 at night and even if I run out of fuel before morning the GH stays a steady 50F. Lots of soil pays off heavy with reduced work load and heating costs.

Thanks for stopping by,

EG

Last edited by EssentialGround; 12-07-2015 at 08:12 AM.. Reason: accuracy

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:13 PM #43
Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle will become famous soon enoughPurple Jungle will become famous soon enough
NICE.
I am all about organic soil as well (why mess with a [u]perfect[/] system anyway?)! I am just getting my feet wet in the matters though.
Is just clover fine with weed as a cover crop or a mix of cover crops is necessary?
Purple Jungle is offline Quote

Old 12-03-2015, 10:41 PM #44
Wylder

Wylder is on a distinguished road
Thanks. Would running soil heating cords down your rows allow you to let your air temps dip more so you won't have to use as much fuel?
Wylder is offline Quote

Old 12-03-2015, 11:54 PM #45
wallywombat

wallywombat is a jewel in the roughwallywombat is a jewel in the roughwallywombat is a jewel in the roughwallywombat is a jewel in the roughwallywombat is a jewel in the roughwallywombat is a jewel in the roughwallywombat is a jewel in the rough
very impressive and clean looks like you have it all undercontrol, curious too see what phenotype of Chernobyl your running, in my top 5 strains , runs great indoors have done multiple runs, and outdoors she goes even better, good luck not that you need it mate
wallywombat is offline Quote

Old 12-04-2015, 01:55 AM #46
EssentialGround

soil temps

I saw two different accounts on IG yesterday who lost plants in greenhouse from cold weather. Some claiming you need radiant floors or in soil heating..So I double checked my soil temps to be sure.. My soil temps are 72-71F 6 inches deep.. and get down to 68 closer to the middle of the bed around a foot deep...

I only use my heater and lights to keep the soil warm, 0 problems keeping the soil warm this way..

THey are starting to settle in and have shaken the transplant heebie jeebies... The cover crop is an ultra thick mat now...

With the cover crop laying low after hand watering you can see the size of the plants a bit better..

Raised the lights and had to throw the planks out...

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:01 AM #47
EssentialGround

Trace & Micros

Anyone ever add trace elements to their soil?

Before planting I added manganese, Cobalt,Zinc,Solubor 20%... still need copper though, but Im hesitant to add CuSo4 while I have an active crop due to its inherent detrimental effect on roots. Ill wait til the end of this round before amending... Im paying the price now for amending the aforementioned in slight burning of tips and leaf edges. Appears to be mostly Boron burn but overall not to much to speak of. Im bothered by burnt tips and leaves showing stress..I strive for balance and its a tightrope when adding the finer elements to soil...Overall they will grow out of it and in the long run it will be well worth the OCD jitters I traded for long term plant health..

EG

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-04-2015, 04:47 AM #48
stoned-trout
if it smells like fish

stoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivor
very nice ..farm tek rules I had 4 of their greenhouses once...2 huge 2 small....i used hydronic heating in mine..yeehaw
SML..iff mi spellin and centances suk and yoo don't lyke itt too fukkin bad;/?.....I once was asked what I would say upon getting to the gates of heaven??? m/r is a visitors badge an option??? I would like a few drinks at the bar... YEEHAW....vote for real legalization not sum bullshit...free the weed or kiss my ass...you wont be getting my tax money..
stoned-trout is offline Quote

Old 12-04-2015, 11:48 AM #49
hup234
IC Mag Supporter

hup234 is a glorious beacon of lighthup234 is a glorious beacon of lighthup234 is a glorious beacon of lighthup234 is a glorious beacon of lighthup234 is a glorious beacon of lighthup234 is a glorious beacon of lighthup234 is a glorious beacon of lighthup234 is a glorious beacon of lighthup234 is a glorious beacon of lighthup234 is a glorious beacon of lighthup234 is a glorious beacon of light
dude,mow yer lawn
hup234 is offline Quote

Old 12-04-2015, 05:53 PM #50
EssentialGround

I Just hope I get at least two lbs of Oats per light and Im good. Throw in a lb of peas and Im crushing it!

Im not mowing the Oats in favor of laying them down as a mat. All in hopes of getting them to mature so that I can cycle them and build OM in the soil....

2 members found this post helpful.