Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Thread Title Search
Malawi Style Cob Curing. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-09-2018, 08:11 AM #3171
HaHaHashish

Yes, the cob must be sealed (but no need to vacuum seal the bag during this stage) in a bag during the 24 hours of heat (or the moisture will escape and the cob can will or might dry out), and also later when it is vac-sealed and cures for a month.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:19 AM #3172
seeded

seeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiBliss View Post
Hahahashish,

Excellent question. I saw a picture of bundles of Thai Sticks being put in a large wooden crate. They were green. I know once they made it to the U.S., they were brown/green. I did once see Thai Sticks golden colored, as gold as Colombian Gold. I know an Australian who cures his bud in a wooden pickle barrel for a year. What I don't know is moisture content or why the Thais went through all the trouble of wrapping pieces of buds around a stick.

Any old timer Thais out there that can chime in?

Those Thai Sticks will never be forgotten.
I'm too young to have experienced thai sticks myself and I forget where I read it too so take this with at least a few grains on salt, but I remember reading that the buds were picked early when they stopped adding weight and maturing and couldn't dry out properly in the jungle conditions at all. They still hung them up, manicured them and all, but the buds were still small and damp so to increase their appearance they tied them down to sticks to form colas and were then dried some more. When they reached the local limits of drying the buds they then boxed them up, wrapped them in multiple layers of plastic to keep the smells contained and then bribed pilots to put them in parts of the plane that wouldn't be searched nearly as often such as next to engines.

Looking back on that and the experiences I've had with cobbing it very much sounds like an uncontrolled cob cure that would deliver a very up/trippy sativa high. It saddens me that I missed out on trying them but at least now I get to have Tang's version every time I harvest
seeded is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:58 AM #3173
repuk
Altruistic Hazeist

repuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaHaHashish View Post
I wonder how long it will take before we hear of a US commercial growers offering cobs?...cobs could be a great niche market for a small time Californian grower who is being squeezed out by low and lower market pricing for pounds. There's lots of ways for those "Mom and Pop" farmers to profit now (produce seeds, grow long flowering sativas etc) it's just a matter of specializing in a niche and doing it really well and cobs could be that for some.
I couldn't agree more with your vision, an Artisan Premium Gourmet like product will for sure be very welcome. And great for a sustainable business model at lower volumes. Lots of "small" producers in Spain of Premium (anchovy, tuna, seafood, vegetables) canned or cured (Iberian Ham, Iberial pork products) products.
repuk is offline Quote

Old 09-09-2018, 02:04 PM #3174
repuk
Altruistic Hazeist

repuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud of
Been chewing on 1.2gr cob piece for 30 minutes… this time I ruminated ("cowing" phase! ) every bit of it and washed it all down to the utmost bit with sippings of coffee at the 30 minutes mark.

Been 30 minutes or so from that… so far nothing high-wise. Only "enhanced vision" (looks like it fights presbyopia too ), and "cozy, intense feel good" state.

"Something" happened to my auditory system too. Kind of enhanced too.

Starting to shake around the chair, the urge to go outside is coming

I'm thinking maybe I screwed and temps rised too much destroying THC while at sweating stage… or is just this high is this clean for high tolerance users!
repuk is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-09-2018, 03:01 PM #3175
seeded

seeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by repuk View Post
Been chewing on 1.2gr cob piece for 30 minutes… this time I ruminated ("cowing" phase! ) every bit of it and washed it all down to the utmost bit with sippings of coffee at the 30 minutes mark.

Been 30 minutes or so from that… so far nothing high-wise. Only "enhanced vision" (looks like it fights presbyopia too ), and "cozy, intense feel good" state.

"Something" happened to my auditory system too. Kind of enhanced too.

Starting to shake around the chair, the urge to go outside is coming

I'm thinking maybe I screwed and temps rised too much destroying THC while at sweating stage… or is just this high is this clean for high tolerance users!
That's the am I high? high where you don't realize how intoxicated you are until you try to do something that requires a bit of focus at which point you go holy hell I'm fucked up

If you find that you like that high don't swallow your herb. Chew it for like 30-45 mins and you'll get an amazingly clean high without the stone. It lacks the oomph but if you're not a regular smoker chewing a couple of grams and spitting it out makes for an incredible state of being. I kid you not you'll almost cry at how wonderful/beautiful the average experience is. Making a pack of Mi Goreng noodles for example will feel extremely complicated but while cooking them the sights and scents will have you frothing like a rabid dog and then once you sit down after your exhausting 4 minutes of stirring the pot and taste the noodles the spicy burn will make you feel alive and filled with warmth like never before. Mac n Cheese is basically the same but brings a wholesome, this is home kind of feeling. Salad, but especially stuff you've grown yourself, makes you feel as though you're not only doing right by yourself and nature but you're connected to the earth in a primal way. Mind you that's just for taste. Once you experiment with the other senses it's like a whole new world is opened to you.

I don't know if you've ever done shrooms before but the unrelenting happiness to the point of maddening euphoria they can cause comes to mind. It's definitely not that intense but with the right herb it's about as close as you can get without losing your grip on reality. I've found the trick is to give up on the high and enjoy the experience. Just suck it all in like a vacuum cleaner and by the time you're done you'll realize that you were higher than you ever imagined without any disappointment from not being stoned. Learn to enjoy hindsight and you're gonna love spitting it out
seeded is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-09-2018, 04:41 PM #3176
repuk
Altruistic Hazeist

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeded
That's the am I high? high where you don't realize how intoxicated you are until you try to do something that requires a bit of focus at which point you go holy hell I'm fucked up
It lasted 2-3 hours, but this time when I started moving, felt something new: like a just thorougly oiled/joint polished R2D2. Boy I felt "loose"! also not a single ache nowhere! You felt like if your entire body where under a wonderful and impossible "anesthesia" because your senses are really heightened, but only to feel good!.

I know that "stoned" confused state , I never reach that "peak" in the high while on cobs, be it smoked or chewed. It's always ultraclear headed.

Toking on a violeta fatty now… ouch… definitely I'm not as sober as I thought… violeta hits really smooth but today I'm feeling her...

You nailed it Seeded what I love about the proper herb is feeling "brand new", tastes, smells, sensations… are perceived though a perfecly "clean" glass… like they were on the first time.

I had several pizza, or tortilla making episodes that would rival Monty Python Fawlty Towers gags… but with the Zam, or specially Guawi (my most potent crop) buds.

Felt more complex than a rocket launch and there where so many "mmm.. what was I about to do?", screwing/confusion and laughing at myself moments... I love that.

I love cooking and doing so while on herb… is a bliss!! Pure Love Sharing! (and creativity unleashing)

Completely agree on the "mother earth connection" feeling! I guess in the end it was She who gave us endocannabinoid systems... it should be for a reason!

Instantly striked me as an analogy to that connection with nature the Avatar movie creatures had… I feel it be it with my dogs, cats, hens, or plants… and I notice they do, too.

Na'vis used the tails, we resort to sativa Godesses in form of cobs.

Thanks a lot for all the advice seeded! I'll try, no doubt. Enjoyed a lot your post!
repuk is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-10-2018, 12:15 AM #3177
Tangwena

Tangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeded View Post

If you find that you like that high don't swallow your herb. Chew it for like 30-45 mins and you'll get an amazingly clean high without the stone. It lacks the oomph but if you're not a regular smoker chewing a couple of grams and spitting it out makes for an incredible state of being. I kid you not you'll almost cry at how wonderful/beautiful the average experience is. Making a pack of Mi Goreng noodles for example will feel extremely complicated but while cooking them the sights and scents will have you frothing like a rabid dog and then once you sit down after your exhausting 4 minutes of stirring the pot and taste the noodles the spicy burn will make you feel alive and filled with warmth like never before. Mac n Cheese is basically the same but brings a wholesome, this is home kind of feeling. Salad, but especially stuff you've grown yourself, makes you feel as though you're not only doing right by yourself and nature but you're connected to the earth in a primal way. Mind you that's just for taste. Once you experiment with the other senses it's like a whole new world is opened to you.

I don't know if you've ever done shrooms before but the unrelenting happiness to the point of maddening euphoria they can cause comes to mind. It's definitely not that intense but with the right herb it's about as close as you can get without losing your grip on reality. I've found the trick is to give up on the high and enjoy the experience. Just suck it all in like a vacuum cleaner and by the time you're done you'll realize that you were higher than you ever imagined without any disappointment from not being stoned. Learn to enjoy hindsight and you're gonna love spitting it out
Spoken like someone who knows brother. I think a lot of smokers just dont recognize the enhanced insight without the stoned feeling.
But for those seeking new highs and experiences you hit the nail on the head brother thats exactly what I get out of it.

Old 09-10-2018, 10:38 AM #3178
Sticky Sat

Sticky Sat has much to be proud ofSticky Sat has much to be proud ofSticky Sat has much to be proud ofSticky Sat has much to be proud ofSticky Sat has much to be proud ofSticky Sat has much to be proud ofSticky Sat has much to be proud ofSticky Sat has much to be proud ofSticky Sat has much to be proud ofSticky Sat has much to be proud ofSticky Sat has much to be proud of
Hello brothers !

Many thanks to all of you for sharing your knowledge and experiences with us !

Should've subbed the first time i dicovered this thread but i just didn't realized at the time what an incredibly rich topic cobing is and i'm amazed at how many interesting informations have already been added since i last visited...

Not being able to smoke anymore, i make cookies with the most uplifting sativas i have at hand.

I have yet to explore the cob world (can't wait to... ) but the kind of extra clear "am I high ?" high (with all the manifestations you're describing) seems very similar to the one i get when eating what i call the "perfect dose" of cookie...

Cheers !

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:22 PM #3179
Tangwena

Tangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky Sat View Post
Hello brothers !

Many thanks to all of you for sharing your knowledge and experiences with us !

Should've subbed the first time i dicovered this thread but i just didn't realized at the time what an incredibly rich topic cobing is and i'm amazed at how many interesting informations have already been added since i last visited...

Not being able to smoke anymore, i make cookies with the most uplifting sativas i have at hand.

I have yet to explore the cob world (can't wait to... ) but the kind of extra clear "am I high ?" high (with all the manifestations you're describing) seems very similar to the one i get when eating what i call the "perfect dose" of cookie...

Cheers !
Hi Sticky yep thats the high but more and clearer than I ever had on any cookie or other edible.
I put it down to it being the whole plant and not an extract.
Also the plant type is as important as the cure. I find every plant and every cob are unique in their effects when fermented and chewed as in a cob cure.
Give it a try and compare the effects it would be very interesting to hear your thoughts.

I find the highs from chewed cob are so unique to each strain.
I have never had any drug even close to the feeling of bliss and contentment with a powerful zest for life that I get from a GOOD sativa that has been fermented and then aged.

Now my lungs are shot from smoking I am just so happy to have this method of tripping out on pot.

It could be a lot of things but I feel so happy and blissed out on the right pot cured this way I want nothing else.

Nothing else interests me except growing better plants and making better cobs i have found everything I ever wanted in life.

As you may suspect I am still high 6 hours later after chewing some spectacular Panama x Honduras cob its the best I have had and I cant live without it.
I have more growing for a new year harvest and with what I have learned from my last grow of this strain, the next cobs are going to be spectacular. Its scary how euphoric this strain is just bliss brother.

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:06 PM #3180
707OGBUSH970

Epic thread on cob curing. I havent done it for years, because I like the traditional method, but it does produce a unique product with a unique high, I just dont like how it mellows the taste put so much.

1 members found this post helpful.