Yogurt Cup Grow Contest
Round 6; Early 2015
Once again, the rules for this round will be *nearly* identical to last round (keeping in the tradition); the major change being that plants from seed AND clones of ANY are be allowed; most importantly & as usual roots must remain inside the container at ALL times.
This contest is open to ALL icmag members; there are NO restrictions at all on environment / equipment / method, only the container size. (Once again; primary rule is roots must remain entirely inside yogurt cup at all times). The true purpose of the contest in my eyes is to drive participation & cooperation on the site and bring members together.
1) All contestants must use an individual serving food container, generally yogurt (labeled as 6 oz here in the states, or 150 to 180 grams for Europe and most everywhere else) of any shape or brand (these will generally have a maximum volume of 250 mL
250 milliliters maximum volume is the official size limit.
No substitutions/transplants (plants must remain in original container throughout the contest). Keep the original label on there, and show it in a photo if you plan on covering it later.
2) All contestants will use a clone, seed, or seedling of any Cannabis variety, male or female. Please specify strain/hybrid/breeder lineage in as much detail as possible (or even if it's a bag seed; tell what kind of herb was it in the bag the seed came from).
3) Contestants can enter up to 5 "yogurt cup plants" (one plant per cup), and will choose the best one to be judged.
4) Seedlings may be germinated or not at the time of entry; Clones maybe rooted or not at time of entry as well.
5) All roots must remain inside the yogurt cup for the duration of the challenge and may require trimming. Any type of feeding is allowed, but if roots grow out the bottom of the container they must be trimmed immediately and not be outside the container (once again, 250 mL maximum capacity.
6) Harvest must be no more than 20 weeks from today, that's May 28, 2015
. You can enter and finish ANY time between now and May 28th, but MUST be harvested with finished product pictures and smoke report by May 28th
7) Missing 3 or more weeks without any update disqualifies a contestant, so keep up steady updates for maximum participation and to be considered in the winners poll.
8) Winner will be decided by a poll posted after the competition is completed. Prize will be a pack of seeds from Seedbay/Seedboutique. Winner will contact OldPink to coordinate receiving their prize. Thanks to Payaso, OldPink & Explosiv for making this happen!
9) It is expected of all contestants to keep a good attitude in the spirit of community and sharing of knowledge and experiences. Let's all have FUN.
*** Hope that all is clear ***
Now let's just say you have a yogurt / pudding / jello container you want to use and can't tell if it is acceptable or not... here is now to tell;
250 mL = 1 cup
Fill your container with water to the VERY top, then measure this liquid in either a graduated cylinder that measures in mL or a standard cup. If ALL the water from your grow container fits in the measuring cup or within 250 mL on the graduated cylinder - then your container is acceptable.
Also, you can use a scale to measure the mass of water in your container (1 mL of water = 1g mass). To do this simply weigh your container, tare it to zero, then fill with water and weigh again. as long as your container holds a mass of no more than 250g of water then it is acceptable.
- Show final harvest weights, both wet and dry
- Show plants against a ruler for reference at different stages of growth
- Take and post photos every week to show progress of all plants in yogurt cup. Weekly update pics are pretty important let's all try to keep up, although if you miss one week, don't quit, just keep the updates as steady as possible.
- Finally, in order to win, contestants must understand that voting will take into consideration all aspects of each grow AND the documentation of the grow as well, including but not limited to:
Quality of the information given
Frequency and presentation of updates
Quality of photographs and / or videos
Explanation & details
Design of the grow (concept)
Answers to questions about the grow
Quality of the harvest
Last but not Least; a list of micro container growing history on ICmag (some great info and grows in these threads):
Previous Rounds of Yogurt Cup Challenge:
^^ Voting thread for last round
^^ Previous Round (5)
^^ Round 4
^^^^ Round 3
^^^ Round 2
^^^ Round 2 call for entries
^^ Round 1
^^^ Round 1 call for entries
Beer cup challenges:
1 sqft challenge:
Tips & Techniques: