What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pain free hash making made easy

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
great thread ill keep my eye on it. So as to learn some stuff thanx for sharing. peace..

sack

I HAVE A QUESTION!

I HAVE A QUESTION!

Excellent thread btw...........Easy to follow directions and no headache afterwards! I only have 1 question after reading the thread. How do I (exactly) compress the finished product in order to give it that "Midnight Express" look? I love smoking hash under a glass.....watching as the smoke billows around in circles, filling the glass, then tilt and suck........WOW....WHAT A RUSH? Anyway could you please explain...........I'M ALL EARS! Thanx.........Peace!...Bob :wave:

S

strain_searcher

Nice job easy and lots of hash. How much is a bottom line tumbler?

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Bob, you can buy a pocket press for $30, or you can use a plastic baggie, newspaper, and an iron to press it. There's also a thread on here about a cheap personal press for under $20

Another question Chief

Another question Chief

So I'll be needing a pocket press/ a plastic baggie and a newspaper. So what E-X-A-C-T-L-Y do I do? Do I put the powder in the baggie,place the iron on the baggie and read the newspaper while this is going on? :confused: ........LOL
Just kidding (of course)........Don't want to PISS OFF my teacher here! Can you explain to me what the neccesary steps are chief/ like textbook.............pleaze? Thanks Man and once again.................this is an e-x-c-e-l-l-e-n-t thread. Peace............Bob :wave:

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Keep in mind it's been many years since i used the baggie/paper method so i will tell you what i can remember.
Take your powder and put it in the baggie, fold the open end a couple times to close it. Take 2-3 sheets of newspaper and wrap the baggie. Wet the newspaper with water until it is wet. You can place the now wrapped baggie in a warm frying pan to heat it, turning it about every 15-20sec and pressing down on it with another frying pan. Make sure the news paper does not dry out! If it starts to, wet it again. Hard to say just how long it will take to make a block as that just depend on the quality of the powder.

Hail to the Chief........

Hail to the Chief........

Mucho grasias senior Chief.............GOT IT!

Take care/ peace.............Bob

G

or wrap it in some organic cellophane and stick it in ya shoe and go for a walk ,en voila

WOW?

WOW?

No kiddin Hazy? In yer shoe? How far did you have to walk before the job was done...this is good stuff. Making hash while getting your morning walk in? Your like.....a............hash walker..LOL

Sunset

I have been saving since January for a new piece of equipment. I made some screens but sifting by hand seems to take me forever.The Okeif Tumber looks like a good investment. My thought is to order w/S.S. screen & order a extra drum.
Do you think that is a good plan? Just so I don't have to reorder again for 10 years. LOL

Also after rereading, I noticed you mentioned putting rubber balls in the drum to help.
I went to wally world last night for some, I found just some kids toy "super ball" just a solid vinyl ball that's approx. 1 1/2" in diameter. Is that like what you use? Quanity?

Thanks for any help!

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Yeah the stainless is quite durable. The poly is too as long as you take care of it. The balls i use and that come with the tumbler is 1". They recommend 2 per drum which is what i use and seems sufficient.

Sunset

Thanx for the info. :headbange
I knew you had mentioned the balls in there.
I placed my order today, say's their on backorder & will ship in a week.

I see they have "chiefs" pictures of a tumbler run listed online. Do ya feel like a star? Hopefully they they work ya a deal on their products.

Another question though if I may.
Before dumping trim into cyclinder, do you take scissors & cut the trim/popcorn material all up kinda fine?
After spending my saved up funds, just want make sure I get all I should from a run.

I did just order the 110ss tumbler. Figured I can always order another drum if needed.

Last edited:

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Star, lol naw it's all good. They sell my tubes so it's all good. Since i can only do 4 plants at a time i have one of those big pickle jars like you see in a store and after 2 grows i have enough to run so naturally after it's dry i freeze it until use. If it's just trim i just break it up by hand, if it's pop corn buds or buds for that matter i use one of these:

food-chopper.jpg

found HERE

For $10 it can't be beat, needs no power and is chops it pretty delicately

mmm420socal

whataboutbob said:
No kiddin Hazy? In yer shoe? How far did you have to walk before the job was done...this is good stuff. Making hash while getting your morning walk in? Your like.....a............hash walker..LOL

Yah thats how I do it... only I use tinfoil and wax paper...

I get the kif wet so it sticks to itself, then I use hand pressure on the counter top to get a nice little pattie going. Then, I compress it more with my shoe/foot, periodically removing the tinfoil to open and refold the hash-block. With enough folds and presses you can get it really dense with just your foot.

Takes maybe 20 mins when you know how... Heat from your feet helps too.

Good luck.

M3

Sunset

Tumbler arrived yesterday

Tumbler arrived yesterday

Hello All,
let me say this.
My purchased tumbler is a nice unit. I would have spent way more in time & material building this unit myself.

Chopped up a bunch of popcorn & trim last night, turned on for 20 min. Amount of keif was much less than I had expected.
I think though my trim & popcorn is just not dry enough. I left it in my drying box for 5 days, I think I may put it back in for a week just to see if that helps.
The trim I am using is covered well in trich's. I have some Ak48 trim & some old school afagan trim. The small amount though I did get from last nights run is much cleaner than I have obtained before. :jump:

Will post further results when I run more.