You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > General Gardening > Carolina Reaper HOT Pepper

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Carolina Reaper HOT Pepper Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-19-2014, 10:09 PM #41
BOMBAYCAT

BOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of light
I like to grow a few Caribbean red hot. They are down on the list by Jamaican peppers but they are still plenty hot. They have very good flavor so I use them for Chile and scrambled eggs. My neighbor tried to eat a small piece raw and almost set his tongue on fire. LOL
BOMBAYCAT is offline Quote

Old 09-19-2014, 10:49 PM #42
Betterhaff

Betterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaf0ur View Post
The reaper is a step below military pepper spray... probably shouldn't be cooked without using a respirator mask with eye protection and neoprene gloves LOL
Lol, I just noticed that your avatar looks like you just ate one...although it should be redder in the face with some smoke coming out your ears.

@ Maynard...those poppers sound good.
Betterhaff is offline Quote

Old 09-21-2014, 08:10 PM #43
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
Jesus, only took about 17-18 days after fruit set to get some colour. Checking too often makes it feel much longer

Bhut poppers are finally becoming reality!
Mikell is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:36 AM #44
Space Toker

Space Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to behold
poppers what are those? hoping to hear more! That other recipe sounds good too!

Old 09-25-2014, 04:06 AM #45
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
Peppers stuffed with cheesy goodness
Mikell is offline Quote

Old 09-25-2014, 06:05 AM #46
Space Toker

Space Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to behold
sounds great but if more than peppers and cheese I would appreciate a recipe. thanks!
I have found a whole new love for hot peppers from growing them this year, jalapenos and serranos (so similar superfically to jalepenos I don't know the difference) and thai... and some mix I grew as well... so many flavors and new ways to set my tongue on fire and sweat my face off while enjoying new flavors... so inexplicably appealing!

Old 09-25-2014, 06:55 AM #47
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
serranos can be up to 2.5x as hot as a jalapeno - and are at their peak when red. They have a much sweeter flavor - similar to a red bell pepper...where as a jalapeno has a more green flavor.

The heat they produce is different as well - the jalapeno hit you more in the gut - where the serrano is more on the tongue and mouth without much feel in the stomach...

At least that's been my experience with them...

dank.Frank
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR
dank.frank is offline Quote

Old 09-25-2014, 07:52 AM #48
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Toker View Post
sounds great but if more than peppers and cheese I would appreciate a recipe. thanks!
I have found a whole new love for hot peppers from growing them this year, jalapenos and serranos (so similar superfically to jalepenos I don't know the difference) and thai... and some mix I grew as well... so many flavors and new ways to set my tongue on fire and sweat my face off while enjoying new flavors... so inexplicably appealing!
Ehhhh.... recipes. Not so big on those. Just google poppers, there's a few hundred variations to flick through. Many use bacon, though I'm not sure why. I never thought I'd say this outloud, but many things are better without bacon. Orange juice for starters.

Cream cheese and garlic are always a win. 50/50 if you're a alliumphile, roasted or not. Not has more bang.
Mikell is offline Quote

Old 09-25-2014, 03:34 PM #49
Betterhaff

Betterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Toker View Post
The poppers I was referring to are the ones in Useful Idiots recipe in post #38. I love poppers.
Betterhaff is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:00 PM #50
Seaf0ur
Pagan Extremist

Location: In the land of the damned and ignored, past the graveyard of dead Gods, living in shadows.
Seaf0ur is a survivorSeaf0ur is a survivorSeaf0ur is a survivorSeaf0ur is a survivorSeaf0ur is a survivorSeaf0ur is a survivorSeaf0ur is a survivorSeaf0ur is a survivorSeaf0ur is a survivorSeaf0ur is a survivorSeaf0ur is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikell View Post
Ehhhh.... recipes. Not so big on those. Just google poppers, there's a few hundred variations to flick through. Many use bacon, though I'm not sure why. I never thought I'd say this outloud, but many things are better without bacon. Orange juice for starters.

Cream cheese and garlic are always a win. 50/50 if you're a alliumphile, roasted or not. Not has more bang.
What?!? I dip my bacon in orange juice regularly...

Guide to Beneficial Insects
The Terpenes of Cannabis Their Aromas and Effects

In this world there's only one way out.... Close your eyes then... You're in the lions den.... Find a state of Zazen....
Seaf0ur is offline Quote