Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Female Seeds > Red Purps?

Thread Title Search
Click for great cannabis genetics at Female Seeds!
Red Purps? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-31-2014, 03:27 PM #21
Jellyfish
Invertebrata Inebriata

Jellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivor
It's A Boy?
Jellyfish is offline Quote

Old 09-02-2014, 05:23 PM #22
Sibhunter22

Sibhunter22 is on a distinguished road
No, girl.
Sibhunter22 is offline Quote

Old 10-03-2014, 08:45 PM #23
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivor
Did the strain ever bloom?
Lester Beans is offline Quote

Old 09-01-2018, 11:09 PM #24
hpsskank

hpsskank is on a distinguished road
These weed smell amazing..no red pheno these year
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180901_173519.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	467856 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180901_173020.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	467857 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180901_173217.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	467858
hpsskank is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:57 AM #25
Female Seeds
Vendor

Female Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really nice
Looks awesome hpsskank, and strange that you did not get the purple/red pheno...

What about the smell, any early description for our curious readers?

Thanks for sharing

All the best,
Mr B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpsskank View Post
These weed smell amazing..no red pheno these year

Old 12-12-2018, 08:35 PM #26
Malato

Malato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to behold
Ive grown this strain six times. All from seed so have had a few different phenos. Smell wise its not at all like a GDP or The Purps. id describe the smell as sweet licorice, flavor is the same. Usually is ready after 11 weeks. Not a huge harvesting plant compared to other sativa dom hybrids. Personally one of my favorite plants in terms of flavor as its like nothing else ive tasted, high is 6/10. Very pleasant day time smoke. Performs well indoors and outdoors. Hope that helps for future growers interested in this strain.
Malato is offline Quote

Old 12-12-2018, 09:37 PM #27
Malato

Malato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to behold
Malato is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:54 AM #28
f-e

f-e has disabled reputation
I did it in 17. Colour was impressive, and the smell really was nice. It didn't carry over into the taste though. It finished last and was the weakest. Did about 50 seeds over 6 sites, and found them consistent. Other peoples testimonials indicated we did very well in yield terms. So I don't imagine it could do any better.

I won't bother again.
f-e is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:47 AM #29
Female Seeds
Vendor

Female Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really nice
Hey Malato, thanks for joining the thread
It is always nice to hear feedbacks from an experienced Red Purps grower, really many thanks for the input

When you feel the licorice, you know there's some Purps around I would say too. Flavour wise can be really surprising, but the sweet licorice taste it's indeed a trait of this strain.

Thanks for sharing your experience and your pics with us, I am pretty sure your advise will be useful for tons of people.

Cheers,
Mr B..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malato View Post
Ive grown this strain six times. All from seed so have had a few different phenos. Smell wise its not at all like a GDP or The Purps. id describe the smell as sweet licorice, flavor is the same. Usually is ready after 11 weeks. Not a huge harvesting plant compared to other sativa dom hybrids. Personally one of my favorite plants in terms of flavor as its like nothing else ive tasted, high is 6/10. Very pleasant day time smoke. Performs well indoors and outdoors. Hope that helps for future growers interested in this strain.

Last edited by Female Seeds; 01-08-2019 at 12:02 PM..
Female Seeds is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:01 PM #30
Female Seeds
Vendor

Good Morning f-e,

I am really glad that you enjoyed the colours of the plants and too bad you could not get the pure licorice taste so typical of this strain.
It's not the highest producing plant of our Outdoor strains, that's also why experiences can vary from grower to grower.
If you have any pics, feel free to share them with us as we are getting quite curious

And If you are looking for a good yielder, you should definitely check out the Easy Sativa and Purple Maroc/Maroc but it depends on what traits you are interested in (taste, bud structure, no mould...).
I would have suggest to try our Critical Sour, the most recent strain we have as it is really sweet/acid fruity taste (it might interest you), but it won't grow massively nor produce as much as a Easy Sativa.

Anyhow, thanks again for chiming in and hope to hear soon from you again,

Cheers,
Mr B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f-e View Post
I did it in 17. Colour was impressive, and the smell really was nice. It didn't carry over into the taste though. It finished last and was the weakest. Did about 50 seeds over 6 sites, and found them consistent. Other peoples testimonials indicated we did very well in yield terms. So I don't imagine it could do any better.

I won't bother again.