in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hobbies and Interests > French press coffee makers

Thread Title Search
French press coffee makers Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2013, 04:04 AM #1
steve_reeves

steve_reeves is on a distinguished road
French press coffee makers

After looking into making my own hemp seed beverages, as well as other teas, I became interested in French coffee makers. A French press coffee maker is a pitcher with a rod attached to the lid with a filter on it. After the beverage is done brewing, you press the plunger down and the filter pushes the material down and it strains it out.

After buying my first French press, a Primula, I was pleased at first, the first couple beverages coming out great, but wanted to modify the design a little bit or shop around for a new one. I felt the filter should be able to be removed and come apart for cleaning, as little pieces of debris would get stuck in it. This was my sketch of French press I then designed.

The top piece of the filter should unscrew from the rod attached to the lid. The top piece should then screw or snap into the bottom piece, holding the filter in the middle of them. Perhaps a rubber ring would then go around them to help seal the filter inside the pitcher.

Does anyone have any reviews for a better French press, or know how to clean my Primula?
steve_reeves is offline Quote

Old 03-22-2013, 04:38 AM #2
k-s-p

k-s-p is a name known to allk-s-p is a name known to allk-s-p is a name known to allk-s-p is a name known to allk-s-p is a name known to allk-s-p is a name known to allk-s-p is a name known to allk-s-p is a name known to allk-s-p is a name known to allk-s-p is a name known to allk-s-p is a name known to all
There may be some better ones on the market, but I have a Bodum French press, and you can in fact take the filter apart for cleaning. I've had mine for about 10 years now. Good luck!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:18 PM #3
captain planet

captain planet has much to be proud ofcaptain planet has much to be proud ofcaptain planet has much to be proud ofcaptain planet has much to be proud ofcaptain planet has much to be proud ofcaptain planet has much to be proud ofcaptain planet has much to be proud ofcaptain planet has much to be proud ofcaptain planet has much to be proud ofcaptain planet has much to be proud ofcaptain planet has much to be proud of
Mines a bodum, comes apart like that, great coffee when you get the hang of it,..... Sometimes the keurig is just quicker tho

Current Mothers
1: GG4
2: Girl Scout Cookies (forum)
3: Sour Dubb
4: Stardawg (Corey Haim)
5: 2.0
6: Blue Dream
captain planet is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:07 AM #4
thefundu

thefundu is on a distinguished road
You may buy a Bodum

Bodum's are best when it comes to French Presses. They give the perfect things in this category. Another good piece to consider is the Kona French Press. They don't have many options but their single design has surpassed many superior one's. Have a look at this List of Top French Presses
thefundu is offline Quote

Old 04-30-2016, 02:06 AM #5
stoned-trout
if it smells like fish

stoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivor
I got a bodum with extra screen...they come apart for cleaning easily....yeehaw
SML..iff mi spellin and centances suk and yoo don't lyke itt too fukkin bad;/?.....I once was asked what I would say upon getting to the gates of heaven??? m/r is a visitors badge an option??? I would like a few drinks at the bar... YEEHAW....vote for real legalization not sum bullshit...free the weed or kiss my ass...you wont be getting my tax money..
stoned-trout is offline Quote

Old 04-30-2016, 02:11 AM #6
I wood

I wood has disabled reputation
They work great for small batches of rso too.

Old 05-04-2016, 04:20 PM #7
growingcrazy

growingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of light
Here is my method...lol

1qt mason jar with fresh grounds and hot water. Once ready filter through a fine strainer into cup.

I have a bodum and a couple other french presses collecting dust now.

For some reason the flavor is much better from the strainer, at least IMO so far.

Old 05-04-2016, 05:33 PM #8
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
How are you posting here without electricity?

I highly recommend the big ass insulated stainless steel Bodum. Chambourg or some such floufy frogger name. It's worth the added cost if you like hot french press coffee over rapidly cooling coffee.

I want me one of those little rinky dink drippers they use in Viet restaurants. And a gallon of sweetened condensed milk.
Mikell is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:53 AM #9
WaxyTaxi
Psychonaut

WaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivor
Been using a french press the last year and Love it.

I put a 1/4cup of grounds in the bottom, pour boiling water halfway up the pot and wait 2 minutes, then fill the rest up and wait 5-6 minutes before I press. No stirring.

Old 05-24-2016, 09:03 PM #10
Dabtime

Dabtime has a spectacular aura aboutDabtime has a spectacular aura aboutDabtime has a spectacular aura aboutDabtime has a spectacular aura about
I recently got into cold brewing coffee and a french press works great. With about a 7:1 ratio of room temperature water and fresh coarse grounds and a brew time of about 12-24 hours in the fridge, you end up with a very strong brew with a higher caffeine content and much lower acidity. Try it, it's damn good.
Dabtime is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.