Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis/Hash Smoke Reports > Storage of Shatter-Wax-Oil etc

Thread Title Search
View Poll Results: Are You Interested In Storing Concentrates For 1 Or More Years If You Could Do So?
Yes! 44 59.46%
No! 10 13.51%
Just Show Me The Results! 20 27.03%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Storage of Shatter-Wax-Oil etc Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2013, 08:03 AM #11
GET MO
Registered Med User

GET MO has a reputation beyond reputeGET MO has a reputation beyond reputeGET MO has a reputation beyond reputeGET MO has a reputation beyond reputeGET MO has a reputation beyond reputeGET MO has a reputation beyond reputeGET MO has a reputation beyond reputeGET MO has a reputation beyond reputeGET MO has a reputation beyond reputeGET MO has a reputation beyond reputeGET MO has a reputation beyond repute
I always find pieces of hash from a couple years back and smoke um. They get me higher then the fresh hash it seems like. These aren't stored properly either, they will be sitting in a drawer or in a pile of old shake. Just my experience.
-CA Med Patient in compliance with SB 420/Prop 215-
IG Drohammad
-Get Mo's Grow Log-
-Relentless Genetics Grow-
-Ace genetics grow-
BloomShotz!!
Dried Bud Shots...
Vert Baby!!!
GET MO is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:37 AM #12
ak-51

If I were going to store any kind of marijuana product long term it would be in a vacuum sealed jar in the refrigerator or freezer.

I think the only way you're going to get much better than that is by doing a nitrogen purge or some other commercial-grade solution.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:19 AM #13
captain planet

captain planet has much to be proud ofcaptain planet has much to be proud ofcaptain planet has much to be proud ofcaptain planet has much to be proud ofcaptain planet has much to be proud ofcaptain planet has much to be proud ofcaptain planet has much to be proud ofcaptain planet has much to be proud ofcaptain planet has much to be proud ofcaptain planet has much to be proud ofcaptain planet has much to be proud of
Hmmm I wonder what the best humidity level would be for the inside of a ball jar or c vault almost filled with dry sift? Boveda has already decided it's (62?) for flower, would dry sift be same/more/less*
I'm scratching my head, I don't wanna sound like a fool, but trichs have a water content? Or no . do the (natural) waxes lose moisture? Or no. I know they are not water soluble, but do they themselves have an accepted moisture content?

Current Mothers
1: GG4
2: Girl Scout Cookies (forum)
3: Sour Dubb
4: Stardawg (Corey Haim)
5: 2.0
6: Blue Dream
captain planet is offline Quote

Old 04-04-2013, 05:51 AM #14
DreamsofTesla

DreamsofTesla is a glorious beacon of lightDreamsofTesla is a glorious beacon of lightDreamsofTesla is a glorious beacon of lightDreamsofTesla is a glorious beacon of lightDreamsofTesla is a glorious beacon of lightDreamsofTesla is a glorious beacon of lightDreamsofTesla is a glorious beacon of lightDreamsofTesla is a glorious beacon of lightDreamsofTesla is a glorious beacon of lightDreamsofTesla is a glorious beacon of lightDreamsofTesla is a glorious beacon of light
Would I be better off vacuum sealing my trim and storing it in the freezer, then making batches of Matt Rize style ice wax as I use them up?

Also, what about edibles? What if I use the ice wax to make lollipops or candycanes?

Thanks for the knowledge.
DreamsofTesla is offline Quote

Old 04-04-2013, 05:57 AM #15
ak-51

I think any type of extract is going to handle long term storage better than any type of raw product.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:41 PM #16
Hash Zeppelin
Ski Bum Rodeo Clown

Hash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond repute
oh by the way if it is shatter, it is not fully purged. there is a lot of butane in there still. shatter looks cool but is not purged right.

Quote:
"I know no safe depositary of the ultimate powers of the society but the people themselves; and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them, but to inform their discretion by education. This is the true corrective of abuses of constitutional power." -Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
"Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people." -Carl Sagan
Quote:
"When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Hash Zeppelin is offline Quote

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:40 PM #17
truecannabliss
Selection is art

truecannabliss has much to be proud oftruecannabliss has much to be proud oftruecannabliss has much to be proud oftruecannabliss has much to be proud oftruecannabliss has much to be proud oftruecannabliss has much to be proud oftruecannabliss has much to be proud oftruecannabliss has much to be proud oftruecannabliss has much to be proud oftruecannabliss has much to be proud oftruecannabliss has much to be proud of
huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hash Zeppelin View Post
oh by the way if it is shatter, it is not fully purged. there is a lot of butane in there still. shatter looks cool but is not purged right.
Hey bro i would speak with Grey Wolf to get the facts, im no expert but i cant believe what your saying with regards to the shatter being a direct and definitive sign that butane is still present....im sure it is often the case but not always.

Peace
truecannabliss is offline Quote

Old 04-04-2013, 10:57 PM #18
huligun
Professor Organic Psychology

huligun has a brilliant futurehuligun has a brilliant futurehuligun has a brilliant futurehuligun has a brilliant futurehuligun has a brilliant futurehuligun has a brilliant futurehuligun has a brilliant futurehuligun has a brilliant futurehuligun has a brilliant futurehuligun has a brilliant futurehuligun has a brilliant future
In my experience with extracts...

Yes, the trichome heads get ruptured. But the resin is a body that is compressed. The exterior of the block is exposed to oxygen and UV radiation. But the interior of the block is protected from it. Kind of like the way that silver oxidizes... The outer surface of the silver does oxidize, but that oxidization protects it. In my belief Hash and oil can stay in a freezer for a long time, years, without substantial degradation. Buds on the other hand, their trichomes are exposed and can degrade faster. I never leave a quantity of bud out or in light because of this. I am not fond of Clear Jars because of the UV degradation. If in a clear jar I like to put it in a place that is dark. I just take out what I need. Weed degradation is pretty fast.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:30 PM #19
VirginHarvester

VirginHarvester is just really niceVirginHarvester is just really niceVirginHarvester is just really niceVirginHarvester is just really niceVirginHarvester is just really niceVirginHarvester is just really niceVirginHarvester is just really niceVirginHarvester is just really nice
Thanks for the thread.

Quick question- Anyone know if Co2 oil is pretty stable or can turn bad or rancid? And if so, how would I know?

I have a gram of GDP Co2 oil that I've kept more or less at room temp for quite a few months. I opened it recently and noticed a bubbly or foam-like "head" at the top. It did not look like mold, just some froth(if you will) at the top. I tried it, had solid GDP effects and I didn't get sick or notice a bad flavor.
VirginHarvester is offline Quote

Old 04-05-2013, 01:34 AM #20
Tudo
Troublemaker

Tudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivor
The Tetra Labs gold turn darker and eventually amber although the amber I have seen happen in an open cap. The darker color is happening in new caps in the containers. They are defnitely darker. I do not know if the quality/potency is changed at all.

Perhaps a rep from Tetra Labs if reading will comment?

I'll post images but I may not have gotten closeups good enough to show how golden honey they were and now. Not sure if I have it saved somewhere but will look.

Anyone else have this, er, change ( not sure if it's an issue yet, again would someone from Tetra Labs please comment? ) with not just Tetra but other light colored oils?
Tudo is offline Quote