So I got the privilege to test out some of these seeds. These plants will be grown outdoors, so this is going to take a while to complete. Will reach a conclusion in oct/nov so be patient.
I germinated 7 seeds via papertowel inside 2 paper plates. all 7 germinated within 48 hrs. i planted them in a black gold waterhold cocoblend. I dont normally use this soil, but its what i had on hand at the time.
i planted the germinated seeds on march 3rd, and they were all above ground by 3 days. These have been growing under a 4ft Tek light (t5). just plain water so far.
Moved the little ladies to my greenhouse. I added a 4ft fluorescent with 2 hours on as night falls. The seeds wouldn't start flowering yet but i wanted to make sure. Plus i have a few clones in there as well.
They have really stretched their legs since the last pictures. growing up out of their compact squatness due to the T5 light.
After these pictures I went ahead and transplanted them into 2 gallon pots.
everything got moved up to 2gal cans. They are in a mix soil of some left over bag soil, and some bulk soil i use in my holes. they are doing well. 1 in particular keeps outgrowing the light. So he (normally males are the tallest ones, and it hasnt shown sex so its just an assumption) might be moved away from the light. He is the one with the really long internodal spacing.
So a few weeks have passed. things have grown a lot! so far 3 have shown female, 1 shows male, and the rest aren't showing positive sex yet.
several are showing real dark purple stalks. they will be put in the ground shortly. I am not sure why the pictures were turned sideways. They weren't sideways on my computer. must be the auto-resizing thing.
So apparently i forgot to post that i put them in the ground. They went in the ground i believe May 13th. Only 3 went in as the rest werent showing sex (or were males). everything else was ready to go in the ground and i kind of had a system in my head to follow. So i will be growing out 3 of these ladies.
So far they aren't showing too much lateral growth, mostly apical dominance. we did have some cold nights that dipped to mid 30s and really brought out the purple in the stalks.
I am thinking about topping 1 of them to see how she reacts to it.
Ok things are growing well. I topped one of the ladies. she has taken very well to it. I have noticed some mutation on one plant. the leaves have one side of the leaflet not forming properly. Possible mosaic virus? not sure.
been a while, and things are looking good. I forgot my good camera so i had to use my backup point n shoot. Anyways, things are good, 2 of the plants look very similar, the other is definitely showing more purple in the stems. I am assuming this plant will produce purple flowers, but i've been fooled before. i tried getting a pic of the stem but the lighting just didnt capture it.
they are gettin big!, that is a real good sign for me. I have no idea how the bud structure is going to be on them but if all the tops spear up, then we will be all good.
plants are reaching about 9ft i believe. i dont have a ladder or tape measure handy or id find out for sure. but they are getting up there. still only one showing purple stem. so im fairly confident she will keep the color into flowering. they havent started flowering yet, but soon.