Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Gage Green Genetic's > Mendo queen x Salvador (test grow)

Thread Title Search
Mendo queen x Salvador (test grow) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2013, 04:36 AM #1
jackel

jackel has a spectacular aura aboutjackel has a spectacular aura aboutjackel has a spectacular aura aboutjackel has a spectacular aura about
Mendo queen x Salvador (test grow)

So I got the privilege to test out some of these seeds. These plants will be grown outdoors, so this is going to take a while to complete. Will reach a conclusion in oct/nov so be patient.
I germinated 7 seeds via papertowel inside 2 paper plates. all 7 germinated within 48 hrs. i planted them in a black gold waterhold cocoblend. I dont normally use this soil, but its what i had on hand at the time.
i planted the germinated seeds on march 3rd, and they were all above ground by 3 days. These have been growing under a 4ft Tek light (t5). just plain water so far.

Here they are at day 18:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mqxs1-3:21.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	213590 Click image for larger version

Name:	mqxs2-3:21.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	213591 Click image for larger version

Name:	mqxs3-3:21.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	213592

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:36 AM #2
jackel

jackel has a spectacular aura aboutjackel has a spectacular aura aboutjackel has a spectacular aura aboutjackel has a spectacular aura about
Moved the little ladies to my greenhouse. I added a 4ft fluorescent with 2 hours on as night falls. The seeds wouldn't start flowering yet but i wanted to make sure. Plus i have a few clones in there as well.
They have really stretched their legs since the last pictures. growing up out of their compact squatness due to the T5 light.
After these pictures I went ahead and transplanted them into 2 gallon pots.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mqxs1-3:31.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	214948 Click image for larger version

Name:	mqxs2-3:31.jpg
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	214949 Click image for larger version

Name:	mqxs3-3:31.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	214950

Old 04-11-2013, 07:59 PM #3
jackel

everything got moved up to 2gal cans. They are in a mix soil of some left over bag soil, and some bulk soil i use in my holes. they are doing well. 1 in particular keeps outgrowing the light. So he (normally males are the tallest ones, and it hasnt shown sex so its just an assumption) might be moved away from the light. He is the one with the really long internodal spacing.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mendox4:11-1.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	216598 Click image for larger version

Name:	mendox4:11-2.jpg
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	216599 Click image for larger version

Name:	mendox4:11-3.jpg
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	216600 Click image for larger version

Name:	mendox4:11-4.jpg
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	216601

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:27 PM #4
comealong1

comealong1 is on a distinguished road
Vibes of dank, jackel...Be stoping again!

Ca1
comealong1 is offline Quote

Old 05-08-2013, 12:12 AM #5
jackel

So a few weeks have passed. things have grown a lot! so far 3 have shown female, 1 shows male, and the rest aren't showing positive sex yet.
several are showing real dark purple stalks. they will be put in the ground shortly. I am not sure why the pictures were turned sideways. They weren't sideways on my computer. must be the auto-resizing thing.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:46 PM #6
jackel

So apparently i forgot to post that i put them in the ground. They went in the ground i believe May 13th. Only 3 went in as the rest werent showing sex (or were males). everything else was ready to go in the ground and i kind of had a system in my head to follow. So i will be growing out 3 of these ladies.
So far they aren't showing too much lateral growth, mostly apical dominance. we did have some cold nights that dipped to mid 30s and really brought out the purple in the stalks.
I am thinking about topping 1 of them to see how she reacts to it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mendox5:29-1.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	224003 Click image for larger version

Name:	mendox5:29-2.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	224004

Old 05-30-2013, 05:36 AM #7
Stonage

Stonage is on a distinguished road
Looking good, I'll be checking back often. It might be nice to top one & see how she behaves. Best of luck with these.
Stonage is offline Quote

Old 06-07-2013, 10:31 PM #8
jackel

Ok things are growing well. I topped one of the ladies. she has taken very well to it. I have noticed some mutation on one plant. the leaves have one side of the leaflet not forming properly. Possible mosaic virus? not sure.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:15 PM #9
jackel

been a while, and things are looking good. I forgot my good camera so i had to use my backup point n shoot. Anyways, things are good, 2 of the plants look very similar, the other is definitely showing more purple in the stems. I am assuming this plant will produce purple flowers, but i've been fooled before. i tried getting a pic of the stem but the lighting just didnt capture it.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:52 PM #10
jackel

they are gettin big!, that is a real good sign for me. I have no idea how the bud structure is going to be on them but if all the tops spear up, then we will be all good.
plants are reaching about 9ft i believe. i dont have a ladder or tape measure handy or id find out for sure. but they are getting up there. still only one showing purple stem. so im fairly confident she will keep the color into flowering. they havent started flowering yet, but soon.