What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pot & Pregnancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

~bubblegum~

Hello Ladies,

Curious to see what your take is on pot & pregnancy? My husband grows, I smoke daily, and we'd like to start trying for our first baby next year.

So...

Does it effect ovulation?
Safe to smoke while pregnant? Do explain...
What's your personal experience?
Any other info you can give me?

We'd appreciate some positive feedback! :thank you:

legalizeDK

I´m no lady but, i wouldnt smoke anything while pregnant. my wife stopped smoking before we tried to get pregnant. no reson not to give the best conditions

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
My wife, my amazing 3 year old and myself... agree with Mrs. Babba.
That link has a lot of input from all sides.

Without cannabis use by my wife while pregnant... I would not have that child.

She's the healthiest, (nearly) tallest 3yr old around and smart as a whip. Memory much better than her Daddies with an amazing vocabulary and sentence structure.

Just... Wow!

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

intotheunknown

Veteran
my wife smoked like crazy before during and after.
perfectly healthy son. sharp as a razor, no issues.

but yes i agree. it comes down to personal beliefs and what you and your husband feel you guys should do.

H

highsteppa

There are cannabinoid receptors in the placenta, so whether you think its good or bad it gets to your baby. Also smoke is bad for fetuses regardless of the type..Cannabis use can also can reduce lactation. Best of luck.

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
I am a man and I personally believe having a baby is a time for maturity and making the correct decisions.

Although marijuana itself may not harm a baby, the choices you make in diet or otherwise may not be guided by the correct frame of mind.

If I were a female that is pregnant I don't think I would smoke. I have at times in my life ceased smoking for various reasons relating to employment or testing in school. I was actually doing worse and different kinds of drugs during testing, but that is not the point.

You asked.

S

SeaMaiden

One of my sisters switched from Zoloft to cannabis while trying to conceive. Zoloft is a non-starter if you're planning on conception, and she already had one underweight, failure-to-thrive child (who is robust and healthy now). She is insane when she's off the Zoloft, so smoking instead of drinking to handle her mood swings and mania is, again, a non-starter. Given her propensity to lose appetite, again, cannabis is better for a mother, IMO, than other pharmaceuticals. You have to eat to grow a baby and if you plan on lactating, again, you MUST eat.

Also, if given to sickness during pregnancy, cannabis may be better than the other options. I was very sick during both my pregnancies, spent all day puking up until the third trimester. I wish I had known cannabis might have been an option for me, because the anti-nausea drugs I was given, while strong and got rid of it, also put me to sleep for a good, long time.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
i think your body will tell you if it is ok.. nothing in nature is more powerful than the female reproductive mechanism..

also there has never been any recorded problems.. it may lower testosterone in your bloke though but probably not libido..

i cant imagine any problems with activating cannabinoid pathways in the placenta either but that is purely opinion..

K

komodod

sorry but i notice member get neg reps if they ever dare mention that cannabis has no ill effects. ive smoked 15 years and anyone who say it has no neg effects either in denial of dont smoke enough to know!

i look at it this way, you may enjoy cannabis but your baby my grow up to be completely against it. therefore is it morally right to not give that other person a choice?
plus like it was mentioned it will get to your baby. its your choice at the end of the day but i would advise against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.