Thread Title Search
Thread Closed
Pot & Pregnancy Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-08-2012, 07:08 PM #1
~bubblegum~

~bubblegum~ is on a distinguished road
Question Pot & Pregnancy

Hello Ladies,

Curious to see what your take is on pot & pregnancy? My husband grows, I smoke daily, and we'd like to start trying for our first baby next year.

So...

Does it effect ovulation?
Safe to smoke while pregnant? Do explain...
What's your personal experience?
Any other info you can give me?

We'd appreciate some positive feedback!

Old 12-08-2012, 08:12 PM #2
legalizeDK

legalizeDK is a jewel in the roughlegalizeDK is a jewel in the roughlegalizeDK is a jewel in the roughlegalizeDK is a jewel in the roughlegalizeDK is a jewel in the roughlegalizeDK is a jewel in the rough
I´m no lady but, i wouldnt smoke anything while pregnant. my wife stopped smoking before we tried to get pregnant. no reson not to give the best conditions

"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." Benjamin Franklin

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:18 PM #3
Mrs.Babba
THE CHIMNEY!!

Mrs.Babba is a survivorMrs.Babba is a survivorMrs.Babba is a survivorMrs.Babba is a survivorMrs.Babba is a survivorMrs.Babba is a survivorMrs.Babba is a survivorMrs.Babba is a survivorMrs.Babba is a survivorMrs.Babba is a survivorMrs.Babba is a survivor
Bubblegum...heres a huge thread about it, its been discussed here for years. It all pretty much comes down to personal beliefs and what you think is best for you and your baby.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=117502

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Be Good Humans.....

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they are." --Will Rogers

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:18 PM #4
Hydro-Soil
Banned

Hydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud of
My wife, my amazing 3 year old and myself... agree with Mrs. Babba.
That link has a lot of input from all sides.

Without cannabis use by my wife while pregnant... I would not have that child.

She's the healthiest, (nearly) tallest 3yr old around and smart as a whip. Memory much better than her Daddies with an amazing vocabulary and sentence structure.

Just... Wow!

Stay Safe!

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:12 PM #5
intotheunknown

intotheunknown is just really niceintotheunknown is just really niceintotheunknown is just really niceintotheunknown is just really niceintotheunknown is just really niceintotheunknown is just really niceintotheunknown is just really niceintotheunknown is just really niceintotheunknown is just really niceintotheunknown is just really niceintotheunknown is just really nice
my wife smoked like crazy before during and after.
perfectly healthy son. sharp as a razor, no issues.

but yes i agree. it comes down to personal beliefs and what you and your husband feel you guys should do.

Old 12-09-2012, 03:12 AM #6
highsteppa

There are cannabinoid receptors in the placenta, so whether you think its good or bad it gets to your baby. Also smoke is bad for fetuses regardless of the type..Cannabis use can also can reduce lactation. Best of luck.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:28 AM #7
huligun
Professor Organic Psychology

huligun has a brilliant futurehuligun has a brilliant futurehuligun has a brilliant futurehuligun has a brilliant futurehuligun has a brilliant futurehuligun has a brilliant futurehuligun has a brilliant futurehuligun has a brilliant futurehuligun has a brilliant futurehuligun has a brilliant futurehuligun has a brilliant future
I am a man and I personally believe having a baby is a time for maturity and making the correct decisions.

Although marijuana itself may not harm a baby, the choices you make in diet or otherwise may not be guided by the correct frame of mind.

If I were a female that is pregnant I don't think I would smoke. I have at times in my life ceased smoking for various reasons relating to employment or testing in school. I was actually doing worse and different kinds of drugs during testing, but that is not the point.

You asked.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:34 PM #8
SeaMaiden

One of my sisters switched from Zoloft to cannabis while trying to conceive. Zoloft is a non-starter if you're planning on conception, and she already had one underweight, failure-to-thrive child (who is robust and healthy now). She is insane when she's off the Zoloft, so smoking instead of drinking to handle her mood swings and mania is, again, a non-starter. Given her propensity to lose appetite, again, cannabis is better for a mother, IMO, than other pharmaceuticals. You have to eat to grow a baby and if you plan on lactating, again, you MUST eat.

Also, if given to sickness during pregnancy, cannabis may be better than the other options. I was very sick during both my pregnancies, spent all day puking up until the third trimester. I wish I had known cannabis might have been an option for me, because the anti-nausea drugs I was given, while strong and got rid of it, also put me to sleep for a good, long time.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:42 AM #9
lost in a sea
Lifer

lost in a sea has a brilliant futurelost in a sea has a brilliant futurelost in a sea has a brilliant futurelost in a sea has a brilliant futurelost in a sea has a brilliant futurelost in a sea has a brilliant futurelost in a sea has a brilliant futurelost in a sea has a brilliant futurelost in a sea has a brilliant futurelost in a sea has a brilliant futurelost in a sea has a brilliant future
i think your body will tell you if it is ok.. nothing in nature is more powerful than the female reproductive mechanism..

also there has never been any recorded problems.. it may lower testosterone in your bloke though but probably not libido..

i cant imagine any problems with activating cannabinoid pathways in the placenta either but that is purely opinion..

Old 12-10-2012, 01:52 AM #10
komodod

sorry but i notice member get neg reps if they ever dare mention that cannabis has no ill effects. ive smoked 15 years and anyone who say it has no neg effects either in denial of dont smoke enough to know!

i look at it this way, you may enjoy cannabis but your baby my grow up to be completely against it. therefore is it morally right to not give that other person a choice?
plus like it was mentioned it will get to your baby. its your choice at the end of the day but i would advise against it.

2 members found this post helpful.

Thread Closed