Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Smoking Devices and Accessories > Who uses a vaporizer...

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Zamnesia
Who uses a vaporizer... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-15-2017, 10:06 PM #151
hazyfontazy

hazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by superx View Post
Is the CFX convection/conduction or hybrid ? looks like the poor mans mighty...

Not casting aspersions, I have the mighty is the CFX superior ? I was always under the assumption the mighty is one of the best portables on the market along with the firefly2, not sure where the CFX fits in? Does it have unique features I am not aware of? tnx
i had the mighty and crafty both awesome but i think the cf/cfx are slightly better ..the heat up time is so much quicker and the bowls are bigger ,little things that make a big difference

practically identical to the crafty and mighty ,,not cheap chinese rubbish though

cfx is now $125 ,,bargain

Last edited by hazyfontazy; 11-15-2017 at 10:16 PM..
hazyfontazy is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:19 PM #152
hazyfontazy

hazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud of
coming december another bargain from boundless
https://bndlstech.com/tera.html

Old 11-25-2017, 02:58 AM #153
RB56

RB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to all
Boundless CFX Update

So, 2 1/2 weeks in. Several sessions a day. I've had to clean the mouthpiece twice. It comes apart into 6 pieces. I cleaned wit Isopropyl then soapy water. We'll see, but I'm expecting to need to replace the mouthpiece every 6 months or so. $15 each, so not a big issue.

I don't see any obvious way to access the weed chamber to clean it. Blowing compressed air dislodges brown dust, so I'm concerned if that part of the air/heating path can't be cleaned.

I just tried a session with my Arizer Air, since I hadn't used it since the CFX arrived. CFX as great for loading up, throwing in a bag, taking a few and tossing back into the bag. Very self contained.

The Arizer has several advantages. The air path is all glass, except for the bottom metal of the heating element. The plastic taste of the CFX went away but the Air tastes much better. The Air produces more vapor and is much easier to clean since only the glass stem gets dirty.

The Air is more finicky - same applies to the Solo. Not all of the glass stems work as well as others. I buy a few at a time and try them. About 50/50. The bad ones aren't terrible, but the draw is harder. With a good stem, the Air has a much easier draw than the CFX too.

Both have their strong points but I expect to spend more time with the Arizer products.
RB56 is offline Quote

Old 12-11-2017, 06:21 PM #154
RB56

RB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to all
Better than 21 weeks with the CFX and I don't love it. Good points are that the battery charge lasts a usefully long time and the heating chamber holds a good quantity of weed. Bad points are cleaning - getting harder and harder to keep the mouthpiece usable. You need isopropyl to clean it (after disassembly), but the plastic parts must be getting pitted or rough, because they get dirtier faster after each cleaning. Replacing mouthpieces will be an ongoing issue. At $15/per and probably one every two weeks, for optimal function, not the end of the world, but a pain. The digital display also has some annoying glitches, biggest is that if the device shuts down on time, the next time you start it manually, it shuts down, so you start it again.

My new favorite portable vape is the Arizer Solo II that just arrived. Better electronics than the original Solos I have and also has the "dimples" in the heating chamber from the Air. These dimples really improve airflow.

The Air worked great when I was quitting cigarettes with the help of a box mod vaporizer. It used the same 18650 batteries as the air. Kept a charger going with multiple batteries, carried charged batteries with me and used them in both devices. Nicotine vaping ran its course. After I quit, the Air batteries became a PITA - not enough charge to get through multiple sessions and not worth the maintenance effort by itself. The Air is a very compact device, so useful for that.

Solo II would be perfect if they added a USB port for slow charging in addition to the proprietary one they use, like the CFX does. Found that handy.

Biggest factor for me is the vapor path the Arizer products use. Stainless steel and glass. Nothing sticks to the stainless. When the glass gets dirty, into isopropyl for cleaning. Glass stems are cheap and having a few in rotation is simple.
RB56 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-11-2017, 07:10 PM #155
Koondense

Koondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant future
Koondense has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Thanks for the sincere review, RB56.
I see a lot of cfx users are modifying their vapes to use with glass pieces and bongs. But still Arizer Solo is better, no doubt for me, even without trying.

To add a bit on the topic, I own and use a Grasshopper and found it to be impractical because of short battery life. Well then I ordered some new batteries and noticed they were the 2nd version, the battery i got with the vape was 1st version. The new batteries make the Grasshopper work better than when it was new, produces nice thick tasty vapour, especially when applied to a bong.
I rediscovered my vape and now i love it even more, a really great piece of equipment.

Cheers
Koondense is offline Quote

Old 12-11-2017, 11:18 PM #156
RB56

Grasshopper looks interesting. Sworn off buying more vapes for 6 months so it will have to wait

One other + for Arizer and - for CFX is filling. Arizer, just plunge the glass into ground weed, spin it on your fingertip and done. CFX is a little more awkward - The heating chamber opening is surrounded by an open "moat". Some weed always falls into the moat, even when I make a little folded paper loading chute. Fill, pack and either pick weed out of the moat or put your fingertip over the heating chamber opening and blow on it, scattering weed on the table, floor, etc. Not a huge deal, just awkward, IMO.
RB56 is offline Quote

Old 12-11-2017, 11:25 PM #157
Emperortaima
Namekian resident/farmer

Emperortaima is a splendid one to beholdEmperortaima is a splendid one to beholdEmperortaima is a splendid one to beholdEmperortaima is a splendid one to beholdEmperortaima is a splendid one to beholdEmperortaima is a splendid one to beholdEmperortaima is a splendid one to beholdEmperortaima is a splendid one to beholdEmperortaima is a splendid one to beholdEmperortaima is a splendid one to beholdEmperortaima is a splendid one to behold
I love the hot box vaporizer the one I had did me good for like 3 years or so before shitting on me it was so beneficial too coz I could use the reburn and make edibles making the vape program the most effective recycling system to medicating

My love for cannabis cannot be put into simple words it is a passion that cannot die - an undying flame!
(RIP JACK HERER THE GREAT HEMPEROR)
-Hemperorsknight/Emperortaima

"Use your martial skill for the good of humanity" -Grandmaster IP

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times" -Bruce Lee

Emperortaima is offline Quote

Old 12-12-2017, 12:08 PM #158
hazyfontazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB56 View Post
Grasshopper looks interesting. Sworn off buying more vapes for 6 months so it will have to wait

One other + for Arizer and - for CFX is filling. Arizer, just plunge the glass into ground weed, spin it on your fingertip and done. CFX is a little more awkward - The heating chamber opening is surrounded by an open "moat". Some weed always falls into the moat, even when I make a little folded paper loading chute. Fill, pack and either pick weed out of the moat or put your fingertip over the heating chamber opening and blow on it, scattering weed on the table, floor, etc. Not a huge deal, just awkward, IMO.
that was 1 of the advantages of the crafty and mighty ,the filling tool worked well ,,i believe boundless have addresses this and made one too

Old 12-12-2017, 01:11 PM #159
Blottd

Blottd is on a distinguished road
I love my Grasshopper. Vapor is smooth and it's the perfect size to go anywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB56 View Post
Blottd is offline Quote

Old 03-04-2018, 12:15 PM #160
nattyroots

nattyroots will become famous soon enoughnattyroots will become famous soon enoughnattyroots will become famous soon enough
Love them dynavap vapes.
Very easy to adapt to bongs and other instruments.
And hits so tasty. And never breaks.
Never tried the grasshopper. But it looks really nice.
nattyroots is offline Quote