Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Concentrates > Hashish > Hand rubbing Charas

Thread Title Search
Hand rubbing Charas Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-11-2017, 12:14 AM #41
NotYourSaviour

NotYourSaviour is a jewel in the roughNotYourSaviour is a jewel in the roughNotYourSaviour is a jewel in the roughNotYourSaviour is a jewel in the roughNotYourSaviour is a jewel in the roughNotYourSaviour is a jewel in the roughNotYourSaviour is a jewel in the rough
@Himalayan_Ganja

Welcome to the forum! Have simiar thoughts about that type of resin, cheers. Though I prefer high grade Moroccan as not so weak as Charas(tried a lot, really.) and stuff but indulge every now and then as we used to have great longterm connections from locals
even though never been on site.
Have to admit that those handrubbed if done correctly provide indeed a special type of euphoria which isn't overly strong as mentioned but a tad different to the sieved ones.
Each to their own of course, enjoy!

Two latest batches, High Grade Indian Charas as posted before:

NotYourSaviour is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:19 PM #42
HIMALAYAN GANJA

HIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the roughHIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the roughHIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the roughHIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the roughHIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the roughHIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the roughHIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the rough
wow NYS thats so nice to see that charas! NOSTALGIA!!!! may i ask if you are not in india right now then how did you get that? if its too personal of a matter to discussi understand; i used to bring my personal stash back with me back in the days when i wa courageouse
HIMALAYAN GANJA is offline Quote

Old 12-16-2017, 11:55 AM #43
HaHaHashish

because dry sift comes from dead plants and charas come from LIVE plants. this is the main key point about charas. LIVE plants produce another high its asd simple as that. maybe there is still no scientific proof of why live plant resin is so awesome, but millions of consumers worldwide know that hand rubbed anything will always be a special treat

Charas might come from living plants and dry sift comes from dried plant material but that in itself hardly what makes one better than the other does it? I think everyone can agree that it's all about the effects and with all things being relatively equal, I'd prefer making dry sifted resin and getting high from it.

Not that the following was specifically mentioned in this thread but I just don't get that Buddhist/Indian concept about kill = bad and not killing = good when it comes to ganja and that the living versus dead thing is a poor argument on basing which is the best method. The fact is both methods can produces outstanding results based on starting material, timing and technique, it's basically all about what works for you and which one rings your bell. By the way, I've had some excellent charas but have produced dry sift that was just as memorable as the best charas. (as anyone knows who grows and smokes dry sifted hash from long flowering strains and has smoked ganja and hash from all over the world for 45+ years)

If you hand rubbed one side of ten plants at 3000+ meters and then removed the other untouched half of the ten plants when mature and dried them indoors for several months in cool, dark, dry conditions undisturbed for several months and sifted them and then several months later compared the two methods by smoking both of them would be a good comparison. but it's not really a fair comparison with commercially produced Maroc with good quality small scale hand rubbed Himalayan.

Handrubbing ruptures the protective outer layer of the trichomes, smears the oily resin and exposes it to oxygen while dry sifted trichomes are not ruptured until pressing or smoking. one is processed and the other method is less so and is in a natural, untouched state...so if pure, unadulterated essences are your aim then very clean dry sift is where it's at. But it's all about what you prefer doing and smoking. It's mostly due to climatic conditions (humidity etc) on why plants are dry sifted or hand rubbed. Charas is good for places where there's lots of wild ganja while dry sift is better for farming/production, as I mentioned above, both methods (with all thing being equal) can produce fantastic results. By the way, you can hand rub dried bud that is compressed which is something you can't do efficiently with dry sift.

Last edited by HaHaHashish; 12-16-2017 at 12:24 PM..

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-16-2017, 02:26 PM #44
HIMALAYAN GANJA

HIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the roughHIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the roughHIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the roughHIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the roughHIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the roughHIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the roughHIMALAYAN GANJA is a jewel in the rough
hello there hashish,

actually ive never heard that charas is better because the plant doent die and there is no bad karma, its simply that the effect from the dry sift is different then the effect of hand rubbed because the fresh resin in charas has a different molecular make up. as the resin dries o,n the buds it changes a little.

I to agree that high grade sifted hash is WAY cleaner then charas, even the best charas has plenty of plant fiber in it not to mention all kinds of foreign matter, put there by the guy rubing, anythng he touches while rubbing will leave little fibers on his hands. charas always has little colorful fibers from the winter clothinng the makers are waring.
HIMALAYAN GANJA is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-16-2017, 05:57 PM #45
EsterEssence

EsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud of
When I saw them make charas, they let the plants freeze and die in the ground, then they would rub the charas. The best guy could get around 30gm a day, if the shook the plants to make sift they could make a few kilos a day, so not to many people were still into rubbing the charas...

Old 12-17-2017, 04:39 AM #46
HaHaHashish

one is processed and the other method is less so and is in a natural, untouched state

If charas is grape juice then dry sift is a raisin.

Old 12-18-2017, 03:12 AM #47
Patmando22

Patmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to behold
Patmando22 is offline Quote

Old 12-18-2017, 05:00 AM #48
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
Nice chunk. I never save enough to last more than a few spliffs while trimming.
Mikell is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:18 AM #49
Patmando22

Patmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to behold
Thanks man that came from a day of breaking down fresh bio diesel for bubble hash thats a real dumper of resin!

Old 01-07-2018, 10:21 AM #50
Patmando22

Little over a quarter