Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Mdanzig Seeds > S60 n BS#2

Thread Title Search
S60 n BS#2 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-16-2012, 11:46 PM #1
rizzed

rizzed will become famous soon enoughrizzed will become famous soon enough
S60 n BS#2

Hi there, I have a couple questions regarding Bluestreak#2 and Sour60. Want to do a seed run so I picked up a 10 pack of both. Also want to test the seeds outdoors. That said, how long do they take to germinate? Got some waiting to pop now with paper towel method, tonight will mark 48 hrs. What is the smallest size pot I can get away with and not compromise yields and root bound plants? When I do an outdoor run I intend to start off indoor, what size pot should I use for the 2 varieties to get them to the point of transplanting outdoors, 1 month from germination? I guess that about sums it up, new here so I can't private message, sorry for so many questions. Oh, when will more of the sour 60 x blue streak be available? Thanks
rizzed is offline Quote

Old 02-17-2012, 07:44 PM #2
Smelly_Cheese

Smelly_Cheese will become famous soon enoughSmelly_Cheese will become famous soon enough
i got a pack of s60 a few weeks ago. about 6 days ago i attempted to germ 7 of 11. I did my usual paper towel method. I got a zero percent germ. yeah zero out of 7. One popped a tiny tail but wouldnt rise above dirt after that. I would blame my methods but all other flavors germed 100% (mr nice bw, gh slh, cheese) All germed 100%. I am really dissapointed in these beans. I was hoping for my veg roon to give up some smoke before the others were done.
Note: I always exclusively go with the boo but these came from the tude as cc issues.
A long time ago i had germ issues with a pack off other seeds and the boo replaced them.
The tude does not do that.
I would like to grow out s60 but it looks like its not in the cards for me.
I dont know how to contact mdanzig direct as pm does not seem like an option on this forum.
Usually most beans pop a tail by day three.
Smelly_Cheese is offline Quote

Old 02-17-2012, 08:02 PM #3
S_a_H
Autoflower Crusader

S_a_H has much to be proud ofS_a_H has much to be proud ofS_a_H has much to be proud ofS_a_H has much to be proud ofS_a_H has much to be proud ofS_a_H has much to be proud ofS_a_H has much to be proud ofS_a_H has much to be proud ofS_a_H has much to be proud ofS_a_H has much to be proud ofS_a_H has much to be proud of
I keep seeing the word "tude".

Unless things have changed only the Boo and Bay carry real MD seeds anywhere else is knockoffs.

Lastly I think you need either 50 or 75 posts to be able to PM.

S_a_H
This has nothing to do with ‘owning a plant’, such a moot point. It does have to do with protecting the integrity of a brand, trademark, copyright, etc. Again, I have no problem with people playing with my work and finding unique and effective samples, or the sharing of those samples among friends and associates. I thoroughly hope that the medicine from said unique and effective samples is making its way to people in need of said medicine. That is the true reward in this field. I encourage such experimentation and appreciate posted results. But the marketing of borrowed genetics and reputation without permission, for a high profit, crosses a line. It saddens me that I even need to come here and point this out, again.
~dj~
S_a_H is offline Quote

Old 02-17-2012, 09:06 PM #4
rizzed

SaH is correct, believe it is 50 posts to use private message. I'm just over the 2 and 1/2 day mark germinating mine paper towel method, looks like 1 s60 just starting to peek out and 3 of the BS#2 are taking a peek. Hey smelly_cheese, maybe they need a slight scratch or to be soaked in water for 12-24 hrs before germinating, too late for me to try any of that, just an after thought for ya.
rizzed is offline Quote

Old 02-18-2012, 05:53 PM #5
Smelly_Cheese

Smelly_Cheese will become famous soon enoughSmelly_Cheese will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_a_H View Post
I keep seeing the word "tude".

Unless things have changed only the Boo and Bay carry real MD seeds anywhere else is knockoffs.

Lastly I think you need either 50 or 75 posts to be able to PM.

S_a_H
ahh, i had to reregister for security so i didnt understand the pm thing. Anyway im not sweating it. The bay and boo are the best i agree and i regret straying but are you sure about the "knock-offs" at the tude?. I just prefer the boo cause they have always come thru and the one time i had an issue they responded quickly and helped.
Im sure they(s60) are alot of fun to grow so maybe next order from the boo ill give it another try. No disrespect was meant to mdanzig as his gear looks fun and after searching there are no other complaints i see on bad germs so perhaps i just fucked up. I have a few more to try but if they are knock-offs i just assuime toss them. Ill just have to make do with the Black widow and slh?

Old 02-21-2012, 10:12 PM #6
Smelly_Cheese

i did get 2 of the 7 to go after all. I removed to seed covers myself and threw them all in one solo cup as a last ditch effort. Much to my surprised 2 rose up several days later.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:02 PM #7
WasntMe
Saw me bang'n on the sofa...

WasntMe is just really niceWasntMe is just really niceWasntMe is just really niceWasntMe is just really niceWasntMe is just really niceWasntMe is just really niceWasntMe is just really niceWasntMe is just really niceWasntMe is just really niceWasntMe is just really nice
Marked
WasntMe is offline Quote

Old 02-22-2012, 05:36 AM #8
S_a_H
Autoflower Crusader

S_a_H has much to be proud ofS_a_H has much to be proud ofS_a_H has much to be proud ofS_a_H has much to be proud ofS_a_H has much to be proud ofS_a_H has much to be proud ofS_a_H has much to be proud ofS_a_H has much to be proud ofS_a_H has much to be proud ofS_a_H has much to be proud ofS_a_H has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelly_Cheese View Post
The bay and boo are the best i agree and i regret straying but are you sure about the "knock-offs" at the tude?. ?
For sure the only person to really say would be the man himself but if you read back through old posts at least year maybe year and half you'll see where he states it.

Anyways goodluck with what you got to germ.

S_a_H
This has nothing to do with ‘owning a plant’, such a moot point. It does have to do with protecting the integrity of a brand, trademark, copyright, etc. Again, I have no problem with people playing with my work and finding unique and effective samples, or the sharing of those samples among friends and associates. I thoroughly hope that the medicine from said unique and effective samples is making its way to people in need of said medicine. That is the true reward in this field. I encourage such experimentation and appreciate posted results. But the marketing of borrowed genetics and reputation without permission, for a high profit, crosses a line. It saddens me that I even need to come here and point this out, again.
~dj~
S_a_H is offline Quote

Old 02-22-2012, 06:12 PM #9
rizzed

Is 4 weeks a safe general estimate for producing seeds with autoflower varieties that finish around 60-75day from seed? 11/11 of the bs#2 germinated and currently at 6/11 with the sour60. They all germinated wet paper towel method around the 3-4 day mark. The other 5 sour60 I put in soil as a last effort as I'm worried they might of sat too long with the wet paper towel method. I noticed Mandala's site has a bit of info on germinating which leans towards popping in soil rather than a cup of water or wet paper towel. Any opinion on that when it comes to autoflowers, anyone? This is my first autoflower, just a heads up to anyone stopping by. Pics to be posted soon, could use a link to information on posting pics if anyone's feeling obliged.
rizzed is offline Quote

Old 02-24-2012, 01:43 AM #10
rizzed

Sorry for not putting captions by each picture to make it easier to follow, will figure that out at some point. The first picture is bs #2 (bottom 11) and sour60 (top 11) germinating at the 4day mark right before transplanting into solo cups. Pictures 2 and 3 are bs#2, 4 days transplanted. Pictures 4 and 5 are the sour60, 4 days transplanted. Don't think the last 5 sour60 will be popping but I'll keep an eye on them for a couple more days. As of right now it looks to be 11 bs#2 and 6 sour60. Plan on moving them from cups and the t5 to 2gallon pots and either a 250 or 400 hid within a week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Auto 010.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	154791 Click image for larger version

Name:	Auto 016.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	154792 Click image for larger version

Name:	Auto 017.jpg
Views:	12