Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Website Support > Is this sites time off?

Thread Title Search
Is this sites time off? Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2006, 05:32 AM #1

Is this sites time off?

by two hours exactly for anyone else?

Old 02-18-2006, 05:55 AM #2
Guest423
Banned

Guest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really nice
yeah mines off too, and i picked the right time zone....i don't know whats up either?
Guest423 is offline Quote

Old 02-18-2006, 07:15 AM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Unite
yeah mines off too, and i picked the right time zone....i don't know whats up either?
I just went +2 hours (IIRC) and its ok

Old 02-18-2006, 07:20 AM #4
Guest423
Banned

Guest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really nice
how did u do that?
Guest423 is offline Quote

Old 02-18-2006, 07:54 AM #5

Up at the top goto "User Menu" then "My Options"....then scroll down to the time zone and SUBTRACT 2 hours from your time zone

mine is GMT -8:00 so I set it to -10:00 and now the time displays correctly.

Old 02-20-2006, 01:23 AM #6
HappyHemphog

HappyHemphog has a spectacular aura aboutHappyHemphog has a spectacular aura aboutHappyHemphog has a spectacular aura aboutHappyHemphog has a spectacular aura about
I've often thought about this.

What's the time difference between Gypsy's UK location vs the Amsterdam location of the server? I suspect it's 2 hours. This means that the server clock is wrong and/or the vBulletin configuration timezone is wrong.

Then again it could be some magic space-time warping caused by all of Gypsy's positive Karma

Cheers!
Hempy

Click on my Avatar for more information on Hempy's Garden and Step-by-Step Pictorials.

And God said, "Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth,..." - Genesis 1:29 KJV

From the garden to the table,
from the table to the bowl,
may it cleanse your mind,
body and eternal soul.
HappyHemphog is offline Quote

Old 02-20-2006, 11:10 PM #7
ichbingeil

ichbingeil is on a distinguished road
Same problem, same fix.

But today, in addition, server time is off by another 8 minutes. Which makes me think they are smoking indicas, but I could be wrong.
ichbingeil is offline Quote

Old 02-21-2006, 09:17 PM #8
MyAssIsGrass
ಠ_ಠ

MyAssIsGrass has much to be proud ofMyAssIsGrass has much to be proud ofMyAssIsGrass has much to be proud ofMyAssIsGrass has much to be proud ofMyAssIsGrass has much to be proud ofMyAssIsGrass has much to be proud ofMyAssIsGrass has much to be proud ofMyAssIsGrass has much to be proud ofMyAssIsGrass has much to be proud ofMyAssIsGrass has much to be proud ofMyAssIsGrass has much to be proud of
Yeah, I set my UK time back 2 hours a few months ago when I noticed the posting times were always wrong