You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > New Growers > Sexing plant by pre-flowers

Thread Title Search
Sexing plant by pre-flowers Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-23-2011, 04:15 AM #21
budman678
I come from the land where the oceans freeze

budman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to behold
i have some questions. about pre flowers and tring to "seX" a plant.

if you dont allow enough time or sexual maturity (showing sex naturally during veg) am i shorting my end product and the very genetics i am pursuing? do i not give them enough time? does showing sex naturally during veg growth mean it is ready for flowering?

edit: super high. please advise!
budman678 is offline Quote

Old 11-15-2011, 05:42 PM #22
FreezerBoy
Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training

FreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud of
It isn't something you get to allow. Sexually immature plants wont produce sexual characteristics. If the plant exhibits sexual characteristics it's sexually mature.
FreezerBoy is offline Quote

Old 11-27-2011, 11:30 PM #23
cpnamn

cpnamn is on a distinguished road
Very good detailed picture
cpnamn is offline Quote

Old 11-28-2011, 12:01 AM #24
budman678

budman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to behold
so youre saying that whether i veg my plants for 2 months or two weeks. the end result would be the same.

Old 11-28-2011, 12:02 AM #25
budman678

is this correct, once again i am elevated ;-)

Old 11-28-2011, 12:53 AM #26
jonnybgood29

the plant will be the same, but youll harvest much more with the older plant!

Old 01-03-2012, 04:49 AM #27
Reg Dixon

Reg Dixon is a jewel in the roughReg Dixon is a jewel in the roughReg Dixon is a jewel in the roughReg Dixon is a jewel in the roughReg Dixon is a jewel in the roughReg Dixon is a jewel in the roughReg Dixon is a jewel in the rough
How early can I check for sex? My plants are under 1 month old and all vegging. They are all supposed to be feminised but I want to make sure to gain the experience.
Magnifiying glass at the ready....

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=292609
Reg Dixon is offline Quote

Old 01-03-2012, 05:38 AM #28
Hammerhead
Tired Farmer

Hammerhead has disabled reputation
Hammerhead has completed 5 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
you can start looking whenever you like. I see preflowers in 4-6 weeks of veg

#hammerhead_genetics
Hammerhead is offline Quote

Old 01-04-2012, 09:52 PM #29
growhi

growhi is an unknown quantity at this point
im pre sexing my plants at the min on 18/6 , one thing id say is look at the overall picture !! and be 100% before you chop , on some the females there were small round male like preflowers with little stems but the other preflowers were saying female , im doing mine with the naked eye btw , but the males show no female preflowers there all round or claw like the males are easy they scream male but you get females that can trick you so if in doubt wait untile you get the hairs
growhi is offline Quote

Old 02-07-2012, 09:18 PM #30
J.C.grower

thanks FReezerBoy for this great explanation. but im still not sure, since im a new grower still developing my skills at determining the sex. but i have this lady which im not sure on. can anyone help me out? hopefully these pictures help. i am also on week 2 of 12/12, i dont want to risk it being a male and pollinating my cab.

Stay fligh
JC