Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > Pipedream"s 150w Tiny Bubbler System

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Pipedream"s 150w Tiny Bubbler System Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-24-2006, 08:58 AM #21
Bermyboy

Bermyboy is on a distinguished road
Nice and Simple!
Bermyboy is offline Quote

Old 02-24-2006, 09:00 AM #22

Hey!

This IS the thread from OG I read where i decided to go hydro..
Anyway, it was a good decision! Thanks

Old 02-24-2006, 06:57 PM #23
Pipedream
Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969

Pipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of light
Hey all,

Yeah, it is basically the same thread I had there (OG). I did update a little of the info and better organize the pic as well. I'm glad I've been able to help a few folks out and inspire others to come along for the ride. Thanks to all for the kind words!

Pipedream is offline Quote

Old 03-03-2006, 07:32 PM #24
ethanp711

ethanp711 is on a distinguished road
Pipedream...your setup looks great, and I am wholly impressed with thew simplicity in both your writeup and entire operation. Individuals like yourself make it much easier on newbs like me to even consider growing, since the most daunting thing is taking the first step. So, thank you...inspiration is hard to come by these days, and you gave me my dose today.

respect.

e-
ethanp711 is offline Quote

Old 03-06-2006, 05:31 AM #25
landover80

landover80 is on a distinguished road
great looking grow pipedream, superclean! I didn't notice a carbon filter. what you doing for smell?
landover80 is offline Quote

Old 03-06-2006, 06:47 PM #26
Pipedream

Pipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of light
What smell? I thought that was perfume! Actually, when the box was in my home, we just lived with it. It only became really strong during the flower phase and it never really bothered me. My wife, on the other hand, complained all of the time about it. As a result, I moved the box out to the garage thinking that would be the end of it. However, during the next flower cycle, I noticed that the whole driveway and yard started to smell. It was leaking out from the box & garage. As a result, I built a small carbon scrubber. It's about the size and shape of a small shoebox, and hangs right on the back of the box over the fan outlet. The box is filled with sheets of filter material purchased at Home De'Pot. The whole unit cost about 20 bucks U.S. to build and took 20 minutes to make. The price even included enough carbon for two fills. Here's a link to the filter material I use. It's less than $10 a sheet and easy to cut into any shape or size.

https://www.webproducts.com/products/...c/absorber.jsp

Since the box is not in the living area of my home, I'm considering using an Ozone Generator as well or as an alternative.

Last edited by Pipedream; 07-23-2006 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: Updated web-link

Old 03-06-2006, 09:03 PM #27
Sauce

Sauce will become famous soon enoughSauce will become famous soon enough
That sounds like a really simple way of making a carbon filter. :smile: I'm looking for a small way to cover up odor. I sometimes can smell the mj in the hallway (apt) but it isn't very noticeable so I haven't sweated over it yet. I'd still like to be safe though.

Got any pics of the filter?

Where at Home Depot did you find those sheets? With furnace filters?

OG Refugee :
Sauce is offline Quote

Old 04-10-2006, 02:07 AM #28
0p0rat0r

0p0rat0r will become famous soon enough
Sweet setup pipedream, very clean and professional looking. I'm also interested in seeing your carbon filter, any pics?
0p0rat0r is offline Quote

Old 04-10-2006, 03:24 AM #29
kodiaksnacktime

kodiaksnacktime is on a distinguished road
Pipe - Great setup - if only we could find that cabinet manufacturer. I think the C13 is way to heavy myself.

Q? Since this is perp harvest, how do you manage vegging of plants - light periods have to differ? What are you doing for flower 12/12?
I didn't read your posts at OG, so am probably missing a post about the seperate veg cabinet.
kodiaksnacktime is offline Quote

Old 04-10-2006, 06:33 PM #30
Pipedream

OpOratOr, I'm rebuilding my scrubber as we speak. As soon as it's complete, I'll have some pic's up for viewing.

kodiac, right you are.... this box is usually kept on a 12/12 cycle all of the time. I keep a mother for clones. She sits in my rec-room and is kept as a house plant. Makes it easy on me because my wife takes care of it with all of the other houseplants. It just gets regular room lighting. To stop it from flowering it gets weak nutes, and in the evening there is a small 10 watt CFL above it for a couple of hours. I'll often keep the mom for a few years, then flower her and start over. When I need a new plant or two for the box, I take a clone, root it on the kitchen windowsill, then throw her into the flower box. Because these are pure high-heat sativas, there is quite a bit of stretch. For that reason they are not allowed to veg for very long at all. Of course, all that being said....there have also been a few times that I just started 6 new plants at the same time and put the light on 24/0 till they were ready to flower. Being a medical user, it all comes down to a balance between the state of my health/energy and my available stock of medication.

Last edited by Pipedream; 04-10-2006 at 06:34 PM..