Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > Pipedream"s 150w Tiny Bubbler System

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Pipedream"s 150w Tiny Bubbler System Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2006, 08:18 PM #11
Pipedream
Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969

Pipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of light
Young Giver, While soil is a bit more foregiving than hydro, it really isn't much of a concern. The only way it could really happen, is if you were to let all of the water/nutes run 100% dry. Even if the power goes out, your roots are still suspended in the liquid and will do fine for a while. With some other hydo methods such as NFT or Ebb & Flow, the concern may be justified. Both of those require electricty to maintain the flow of H2O to your roots. In bubbler systems, such as mine, the electric power is only used to oxygenate the water.

I've experienced may power outages over my years of growing and never lost a plant as a result.

Last edited by Pipedream; 02-12-2006 at 08:20 PM..
Pipedream is offline Quote

Old 02-12-2006, 11:22 PM #12
Puff Puff Pass

Puff Puff Pass will become famous soon enough
Young Giver: I just wanted to reiterate what Pipedream said. I lost power for two weeks during the hurricanes late last year and my Bubbler plants all some how managed to stay alive but all of my dirt plants didn't make it once the HPS got turned back on (expect for one mother). Made no sense to me but I'm no expert I just grow enough to smoke.

Old 02-13-2006, 08:33 PM #13
JH151399-OG

sorry to hear that puff puff.

Man pipedreams, I just have to say again... that cab is sooooo nice. Will you be my daddy?

Old 02-13-2006, 08:49 PM #14
WeldFlash420

PD, great to see ya made it out with yer set up info. This is one of the finest cabs ever to be posted on OG. IN fact, I diidn't even find yer thread until I followed "Suga Bears" link from another site. This guy has got a great thing going with this cab, good yeilds and it just looks like another fine piece of furniture in the house. What more does one person need? Grow on Pipedream!

Old 02-13-2006, 10:43 PM #15
Pyro

Pyro is on a distinguished road
awesome setup, that looks so good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Giver
How foregiving is your system though. I have heard that if you leave a hydro set-up overnight you plants could be dead by the next day. I don't like the thought of that.Is this true or just some rumor I heard.

I lost power for 36 hours while I was out of town for a couple days and when I got back my temps were 50 degrees... but they had shot through the roof :P
Pyro is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2006, 04:42 AM #16
el chef

el chef is on a distinguished road
how do you collect and store the rainwater?

i'm thinking that water collected from my gutters might be contaminated from the shingles.
el chef is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2006, 06:23 PM #17
Pipedream
Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969

Pipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of light
Just like you are thinking about ! I take it right from my gutter's downspout. I keep a new plastic trash-can in the garage, and when the forecast is for rain, I place under the spout. Once its collected in the can, it gets run thru a coffee filter and stored in 5 gallon water jugs, the type used on office coolers. Then when I'm ready to use it, it gets run thru the filter one more time. I use a permanent type filter not the paper ones. Its easier, cheaper, and the water flows thru it better. You can get them at any "Dollar" store. One more thing..... unless you like lifting 42 pounds of water and plastic bottle on a regular basis, buy a cheap hand pump!!! The one in the above pictures cost me about $5.00 and is worth it's weight in gold. If you read thru my thread, you know how bad my back is. I've stored water for up to 8 months with no problem or algae growth, just don't let it sit in the sunlight.

Pipedream is offline Quote

Old 02-18-2006, 10:23 AM #18
ogrefugee
Official Tree Taster

ogrefugee has a spectacular aura aboutogrefugee has a spectacular aura aboutogrefugee has a spectacular aura aboutogrefugee has a spectacular aura aboutogrefugee has a spectacular aura about
^ the voice of experience
ogrefugee is offline Quote

Old 02-18-2006, 11:53 AM #19

What a tight set-up. Blown away.

.canine.

Old 02-24-2006, 08:01 AM #20
420ponics

420ponics is on a distinguished road
No other word for it beside...incredible!

Ponics.
420ponics is offline Quote