Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Concentrates > Hashish > Best way to dry bubble hash?

Thread Title Search
Best way to dry bubble hash? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2011, 11:06 PM #11
AquaLabTech
The Hashish Connoisseur

AquaLabTech is a jewel in the roughAquaLabTech is a jewel in the roughAquaLabTech is a jewel in the roughAquaLabTech is a jewel in the roughAquaLabTech is a jewel in the roughAquaLabTech is a jewel in the rough
Good Info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RulaTone View Post
Never press bubble hash while wet, water will stick to resin at molecular level and you will never get rid of it!
You just have to put that cardboard in freezer since its all hard then remove it.
Next time use a nylon towel 25u and put under it an absorbent towel (shamzilla like)
Freezing is the solution with sticky material.

Good info RulaTone.

Aqua Lab Tech
AquaLabTech is offline Quote

Old 06-10-2011, 11:15 PM #12
Papulz
lover of all things hashlike

Papulz is a jewel in the roughPapulz is a jewel in the roughPapulz is a jewel in the roughPapulz is a jewel in the roughPapulz is a jewel in the roughPapulz is a jewel in the roughPapulz is a jewel in the rough
i like to use a 25u mesh "pressing screen" on top of an absorbent pad of material for the fresh blobs coming out of the bags.

then after they firm up enough to be crumbled they are transferred to paper plates.
Papulz is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:35 PM #13
krunchbubble
Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad At, Just Be Patient....

krunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivorkrunchbubble is a survivor
dry it on cardboard till you think its completely dry.....

powder up the coldwater hash by crumbling it or i use a grinder....

put the powdered up coldwater into a food safe plastic baggie and put into freezer for 30 minutes.....

take the coldwater out and dry again on the cardboard.....

repeat the process 3-4 times.....

the freezer pulls the moisture out of the inside of the coldwater and the cardboard dries it.......

after making coldwater for many years, this is the best method i have tried.....

bottom pic is over a lb of coldwater....

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330640

1280 Watt Starlite LED Grow - Finished

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=325694
krunchbubble is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:47 PM #14
Hammerhead
Tired Farmer

Hammerhead has disabled reputation
Hammerhead has completed 5 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
That's a nice assortment of hash you got there Krunch

#hammerheadgenetics
Hammerhead is offline Quote

Old 06-10-2011, 11:50 PM #15
farmdalefurr
I feel nothing and it feels great

farmdalefurr is just really nicefarmdalefurr is just really nicefarmdalefurr is just really nicefarmdalefurr is just really nicefarmdalefurr is just really nicefarmdalefurr is just really nicefarmdalefurr is just really nicefarmdalefurr is just really nicefarmdalefurr is just really nicefarmdalefurr is just really nice
i put mine on ziplock bags. peels off pretty easy if its still sticky. i did a run of dry ice hash yesterday and imho is the best way to do it. pretty much same as bubble, just faster
farmdalefurr is offline Quote

Old 06-11-2011, 12:02 AM #16
Donald Mallard

Donald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant future
hi megayeilds ,
your right , one shouldnt put wet hash on cardboard ,
as other folks already mentioned allow it to drip dry first on a bit of the screen providied over a towel , half an hour or so ..
then its safe to cut it up onto the cardboard ...

you dont want soaking wet hash on cardboard , note how the cardboard sticks to the hash ,, i dont like to smoke it .. lol ...

its important also not to press your hash when its wet ,,
ignore any advice to do so ,
its bad advice and will leave you with mouldy hash ..

i used the above method to produce this hash ...

Donald Mallard is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:11 AM #17
Donald Mallard

Donald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant future
ohh i forgot to mention ,,
after i chop the hash onto the cardboard , when its dry enough that it wont stick ,
i put it in a room with a fan on for around 48 hrs ,
its good and dry by then ,
but it will still improve with maturing , the same as cannabis does .
Donald Mallard is online now Quote

Old 06-11-2011, 02:05 AM #18
BudGood
"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."

BudGood is just really niceBudGood is just really niceBudGood is just really niceBudGood is just really niceBudGood is just really niceBudGood is just really niceBudGood is just really niceBudGood is just really niceBudGood is just really niceBudGood is just really niceBudGood is just really nice
I've never liked the cardboard method. When I used to make bubble I would first dry it like some say, using a absorbent towel first, then put it on a clean piece of glass (like a mirror). It would be dry very soon thereafter.

Bud's DGS Grow

I don't start it, I finish it. Remember that before you get disrespectful. If ya wouldn't say it in person, don't say it online. Some of you were obviously never taught the Golden Rule, google it!

BudGood is offline Quote

Old 06-11-2011, 04:04 AM #19
megayields
Grower of Connoisseur herb's.

megayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud of
I just want to THANK YOU ALL ..omg I have so many choices although BudGood's idea of putting it on a mirror appeals to me. I need to get one of those clothes you guys mentioned. I DID NOT get those with my bags as their made by a local entreprenuer who makes the whole bag outta the screen material. This way they drain much faster. So I will look online for one of those silk like cloths (I've seen them at friends house's) and use that and a towel to drain most of the moisture like you all suggested. I think Krunchbubble mentioned also freezing it to remove moisture so I will try that as well.

I am extremely surprised how many of my patients now want my bubble....I can hardly keep up with the orders, I mean ALL day today I was driving all over the county just supplying concentrate to my patients they LOVE it lol....and now I have much better information to do an even better job!

Again THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH..I love this site man, peeps are just awesome sharing their knowledge!

NextGen Agricultural Consulting & Iron City Seeds

I grow and am motivated by the pure genius of Heath Robinson!

The more people I meet the more I like my dog

megayields is offline Quote

Old 06-11-2011, 05:20 AM #20
cyat

cyat is a glorious beacon of lightcyat is a glorious beacon of lightcyat is a glorious beacon of lightcyat is a glorious beacon of lightcyat is a glorious beacon of lightcyat is a glorious beacon of lightcyat is a glorious beacon of lightcyat is a glorious beacon of lightcyat is a glorious beacon of lightcyat is a glorious beacon of lightcyat is a glorious beacon of light
I figured this one out on accident.
I put my wet stuff in a mahogany bowl, and put that in food dehydrator till its as dry as I like it, sometimes 24 hrs.
this will improve the quality making it gummy not hard and crumbly, you will lose a little weight tho.
cyat is offline Quote