Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Concentrates > Hashish > Best way to dry bubble hash?

Thread Title Search
Best way to dry bubble hash? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2011, 04:46 AM #1
megayields
Grower of Connoisseur herb's.

megayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud of
Best way to dry bubble hash?

Ok gang coming to the experts;

I've been making a lot more Ice Bubble Hash and the person who showed me how to do this told me to dry it on cardboard to remove the water...but I suspect their are much better ways to dry it?

I am having problems using cardboard and sometimes it sticks to the CB and comes off with the hash..NOT appealing.

Please make some suggestions of better ways to dry my Ice Bubble hash, here are some pics of some I just did for you to enjoy, it is really nice full melt stuff, when it doesn't stick to the CB.

NextGen Agricultural Consulting & Iron City Seeds

I grow and am motivated by the pure genius of Heath Robinson!

The more people I meet the more I like my dog

megayields is offline Quote

Old 06-09-2011, 07:48 AM #2
megayields

megayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud of
Moderator;

Can you move this to the Hash section I mistakenly posted it here, ty.

Old 06-10-2011, 05:47 AM #3
megayields

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Old 06-10-2011, 12:16 PM #4
pine boy

Bubblebags provide you with a drying screen that you use with a towel before you go to the cardboard.
As you spoon your bubble from the bags ,you screen it over a dry towel and wick the moisture from the hash.After this step you go to the cardboard.
It looks like you missed out on the drying screen process.
Have you seen the screens I'm talking about? I got 2 with my bags.
Good luck

Old 06-10-2011, 12:24 PM #5
donttrip

donttrip is on a distinguished road
I usually use the drying screens (orange) with a towel to get most of the moisture, and then transfer the puck to cardboard. It dries very quickly and doesn't stick to the cardboard.
donttrip is offline Quote

Old 06-10-2011, 12:44 PM #6
Dr. D

Dr. D is a glorious beacon of lightDr. D is a glorious beacon of lightDr. D is a glorious beacon of lightDr. D is a glorious beacon of lightDr. D is a glorious beacon of lightDr. D is a glorious beacon of lightDr. D is a glorious beacon of lightDr. D is a glorious beacon of lightDr. D is a glorious beacon of lightDr. D is a glorious beacon of lightDr. D is a glorious beacon of light
After discussion with a friend recently it came to light that cardboard is not the best way to go because it pulls the moisture into the cardboard and really you want it to evaporate off.
Also you need to be squeezing some of the moisture out of it and chop it finely before drying so that as much of the hash comes into contact with the air as possible for a full and even drying out.
Putting it straight on card like that is going to stick especially if its sticky bubble.
Apparently there is a noticeable difference in end product, said friend now squeezes as much moisture out as possible then dries on a piece of paper on plastic!
Ive yet to try it but im gonna go back to the old plate drying method to see the difference...Peace

To fathom hell or soar angelic
Just take a pinch of psychedelic
Humphrey Osmond
Dr. D is offline Quote

Old 06-10-2011, 12:59 PM #7
ICETOKER
Sharing Is Caring!

ICETOKER is a splendid one to beholdICETOKER is a splendid one to beholdICETOKER is a splendid one to beholdICETOKER is a splendid one to beholdICETOKER is a splendid one to beholdICETOKER is a splendid one to beholdICETOKER is a splendid one to beholdICETOKER is a splendid one to beholdICETOKER is a splendid one to beholdICETOKER is a splendid one to beholdICETOKER is a splendid one to behold
ICETOKER has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
I agree with Dr..... try to squeeze it good and chop chop. It can be very hard sometimes, especially with bubble from fresh buds/trim. Fresh bubble takes longer to fully dry so be patient!!!!

peace

icetoker
ICETOKER is offline Quote

Old 06-10-2011, 01:12 PM #8
MurderDeathKill
aka Simon Phoenix

MurderDeathKill has disabled reputation
when the bubble is still a wet patty, push it thru a kitchen strainer while moving it over the cardboard... this breaks the hash up into little flecks of hash, and they don't stick to the cardboard. this will dry up nicely over the course of a week or 2...

p.s. a great spot to put drying hash is in the oven so that dust/hair don't get in it as much (don't turn it on!)

powdered dry hash ftw!

Old 06-10-2011, 01:21 PM #9
Aardwolf

Aardwolf has disabled reputation
I dry on a StarWars dinner mat squeezing works but ruins the hash Dr D just chop it and dry it Squeezing and compressing comes later when its dry 2 weeks later (Propper dry) then press it you won't trap in moisture to the middle and have harsh hash or smell the water.

"Proficient" implies an advanced degree of competence acquired through training or study (e.g., proficient in Greek and Latin). "Efficient," when applied to people, implies the skillful use of energy or industry to accomplish desired results with little waste of effort"
Aardwolf is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:57 PM #10
RulaTone

RulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of lightRulaTone is a glorious beacon of light
Never press bubble hash while wet, water will stick to resin at molecular level and you will never get rid of it!
You just have to put that cardboard in freezer since its all hard then remove it.
Next time use a nylon towel 25u and put under it an absorbent towel (shamzilla like)
Freezing is the solution with sticky material.

5 members found this post helpful.