Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Vertical / Colosseum Growing > Vertical vs Flat Lighting for Autos

Thread Title Search
Vertical vs Flat Lighting for Autos Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-14-2017, 08:37 PM #1
MXM

MXM is on a distinguished road
Vertical vs Flat Lighting for Autos

Hey guys,

I just finished up my 1st vertical grow in a 6x6x6 tent with 600w veg & 1000w flower and was pretty happy with how it came out. I'm switching from DWC to hempys.

I was planning to convert the tent to high output T5s with some moms on 1 side and some autos on the other with my regular photoperiod plants in a bigger space.

However I like the fast turn around autoflowers have and think I might go full auto for my next run so I don't have to wait so long between harvest, I'm just trying to figure out a light set up.

Do autos perform in well vertical or are they better suited for horizontal? If so are HIDs better or can I get a decent yield from the right fluorescents?
MXM is offline Quote

Old 06-27-2017, 06:51 PM #2
DuskrayTroubador

DuskrayTroubador is a name known to allDuskrayTroubador is a name known to allDuskrayTroubador is a name known to allDuskrayTroubador is a name known to allDuskrayTroubador is a name known to allDuskrayTroubador is a name known to allDuskrayTroubador is a name known to allDuskrayTroubador is a name known to allDuskrayTroubador is a name known to allDuskrayTroubador is a name known to allDuskrayTroubador is a name known to all
I have the same question... It'd be super helpful if someone has any thoughts on autos in a vertical grow.
haunted hill; then be sure, exalted to Jove’s high seat,
the great Sperm Whale shall lord it.

— HERMAN MELVILLE, from Moby Dick
DuskrayTroubador is offline Quote

Old 06-27-2017, 11:36 PM #3
Speed of green

Speed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the rough
I think an autoflower will reach its full potential no matter what direction the light is coming from, but your vert setup will not reach its full potential with autoflowers.

I think the benefit of a vertical grow comes from being able to train the plant into a shape that compliments your light pattern (donut/stadium/tree)

Not being able to manipulate the plant in veg stage like with an autoflower may result in a poor performing plant depending on your lighting style.

I think with a stadium you would be best off, for a donut i think your yield would suffer, unless you packed them in there.

This is all just speculation, based on my very little knowledge of auto's it could be misinformation.

HID's are nice, what are your goals?

Good luck.
Speed of green is offline Quote