What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
With RO water that's 0 ppm and has a pH of 7..... with the 1tsp of MaxiBloom per gallon... what does the pH come out to? (without adjusting it or adding anything else).

I don't want to buy a bag of MaxiBloom just to do this test, so please help out if you can.
p.s. 2nd part of question would be, what is pH after adding normal rate of Cal-Mag?

Can't help you with the cal/mag question, but I just checked my pH with straight bubbled tap (9+) and 1tsp/gal MB after it's been mixed,settled and remixed and the pH came out to dead-balls 6.

So, in my case, it's dropped pH by just over 3 pts.

GL :ying:

Ioni Botani

Yesh, tap has a higher conductivity too though, if you hit straight RO water with 1 Tsp of maxi, its almost gunna become the pH of the Maxi. LOW AS HELL. I would suggest its use with tap water...the dissolved solids buffer the pH slightly...Like in supersizeme's case, making it a nice 6.0. In my case...my tap starts out around 7...it brings my pH to about 4. A little pH up and were all good!

R

Rysam

Im running Maxibloom in coco hempys for the first time and am quite impressed. I did have some Ph issues with 7.2 tap and MB bringing me down and staying at 4-5 on the Ph color chart (GH drops). 1 tsp/gal of pro-tekt brought me close to the color of 6 and this shits rockin!

G

Guest 18340

I've been running Maxibloom in rockwool blocks lately and it is working out perfectly. So perfect that I'm gearing up for a table run with rockwool slabs. For me it's 1 tsp/gal, tap and 1/2 tsp/gal GH ph up. Super simple:)

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
I'm a skeptic by nature, but...I'm pretty impressed with the trich production in my room at the moment and the only thing that's changed is the nutes.

True, it's only the third run in a new room and I had some heat issues last run, mites before that...but damn if that room doesn't look impressive for being in the 4th week.

Frost,frost everywhere.

Even with the HPS shot you can see a nice coating of trichs

cateros

My water from my tap is coming out at 130ppms and a ph of 7.3 or I can use my ro water with a remineralization stage so it has a tds of 67ppm and ph of 6.8 it makes it rather hard to decide on would anyone think I would be better off mixing it 50/50 cause I can mix either one with 1tsp maxibl 1.5ml calmax 2.5mlpro silicate 10mo liquidkoolbloom and 10ml floranectar and I get a ph of 5.7 ot 5,8 I only ask cause if my tap water seems good enough that I dont have to waorry about total akalinity it will save some money

cyat

Veteran
My water from my tap is coming out at 130ppms and a ph of 7.3 or I can use my ro water with a remineralization stage so it has a tds of 67ppm and ph of 6.8 it makes it rather hard to decide on would anyone think I would be better off mixing it 50/50 cause I can mix either one with 1tsp maxibl 1.5ml calmax 2.5mlpro silicate 10mo liquidkoolbloom and 10ml floranectar and I get a ph of 5.7 ot 5,8 I only ask cause if my tap water seems good enough that I dont have to waorry about total akalinity it will save some money

Try the tap no ro no calmag needed.

growshopfrank

Veteran
My tap water is very similar to yours and I find that if I use tap for the initial res fill the RO for my make up it works out well

G

Guest 18340

I'm always for the simplest possible way of doing things so I would use the tap as is.
Mine is in the 275-325 ppm range and works perfectly, no cal/mad issues ever.:)

phog

Veteran
hey supersizeme- that plant looks awesome man- very tasty and frosty looking. that's using maxibloom at 1 tsp per gallon? are you in soil,coco, hydro? i'd love to hear more about your setup and strains bro!:wave:

Green lung

Veteran
I'm always for the simplest possible way of doing things so I would use the tap as is.
Mine is in the 275-325 ppm range and works perfectly, no cal/mad issues ever.:)
Yeah I also use my tap which is 200-300ppms

Attachments

• DSCF1665.JPG
    DSCF1665.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 28

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
hey supersizeme- that plant looks awesome man- very tasty and frosty looking. that's using maxibloom at 1 tsp per gallon? are you in soil,coco, hydro? i'd love to hear more about your setup and strains bro!:wave:

Organic soil/ProMix base, 1tsp MB every other watering (bubbled tap) under 1800w HPS

As far as strains go, I have about a dozen running right now.

The ones above are:

Coastal Collision (SFVOGK x ECSD)

Bogglegum x C99

ACAKush

:tiphat:

danks

becarefull of ph going low and getting cal mag lock out. maxi is strong stuff and lowers ph of media very fast ph alittle above 6.5 in soil.

Wooderson

Ok so if you use loose coco-coir And thre K.I.S.S. Method do you have to add any thing else? Like dolomite lime or perilite?

Latest posts

Latest posts