Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > General Gardening > I love the hottest peppers!

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
I love the hottest peppers! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2010, 05:10 PM #31
Moonshine*
Rare Dankness

Moonshine* is a splendid one to beholdMoonshine* is a splendid one to beholdMoonshine* is a splendid one to beholdMoonshine* is a splendid one to beholdMoonshine* is a splendid one to beholdMoonshine* is a splendid one to beholdMoonshine* is a splendid one to beholdMoonshine* is a splendid one to beholdMoonshine* is a splendid one to beholdMoonshine* is a splendid one to beholdMoonshine* is a splendid one to behold
I read the Gov of India is working on a Bhut Jolokia pepper spray. I would NOT want to be doused with that stuff.
May 2012 - HighTimes "Strongest Strain on Earth" - OG GhostTrain Haze #1
Dec 2012 - HighTimes "Top 10 strains of the year" - OG GhostTrain Haze #1
2nd place - 2012 HighTimes Cannabis Cup - Seed Co Hash. "Tangerine Compound"
3rd place - 2012 HighTimes Cannabis Cup - Seed Co Hybrid. "Rug Burn OG"
1st Place - 2013 Best of the Best Michigan Medical MJ Report competition. (also highest THC test for comp) "Scott's OG"
2nd place - 2013 High Times Medical Cup Los Angeles Sativa. Ghost Train Haze #1 grown by Kyle Kushman
2013 High Times Top 10 Hazes of All time. Ghost Train Haze #1

www.raredankness.com
Moonshine* is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:23 PM #32
Mr. Hugeblunts
Tryin to smoke an l?

Mr. Hugeblunts will become famous soon enoughMr. Hugeblunts will become famous soon enough
Can you guys give me some "hints and tips" for growing peppers, mainly germination of the bhut jolokia

Currently, my pepper plants are in pure coco. I hear they need a good bit of cal/mag (crinkled leaves are an indication of deficiency)

I have now:
Bhut jolokia (seeds germinating now- no sprouts yet)
Thai long hot
Thai sky hot
jalapeno
habanero
mandarin (bell pepper variety I think)
Mr. Hugeblunts is offline Quote

Old 05-22-2010, 10:46 PM #33
sativa_lover

sativa_lover will become famous soon enough
Hey hot pepper heads...check out this link:

https://www.chilepepperinstitute.org/

Excellent resource for chile peppers!
sativa_lover is offline Quote

Old 05-23-2010, 12:03 AM #34
dragongrower

dragongrower is a jewel in the roughdragongrower is a jewel in the roughdragongrower is a jewel in the roughdragongrower is a jewel in the roughdragongrower is a jewel in the roughdragongrower is a jewel in the rough
a new "worlds strongest pepper" has been made, called infinity..
dragongrower is offline Quote

Old 05-23-2010, 11:06 AM #35
Alex-F
Traktor driver

Alex-F is just really niceAlex-F is just really niceAlex-F is just really niceAlex-F is just really niceAlex-F is just really niceAlex-F is just really niceAlex-F is just really niceAlex-F is just really niceAlex-F is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine* View Post
I read the Gov of India is working on a Bhut Jolokia pepper spray. I would NOT want to be doused with that stuff.
Yea that's mentioned in the Wiki articel on the Bhut aswell. There's some good info on there, said something about the natives using one of these chilis to spice food for a family, to last a couple of days. Gives some idea on how to handle this baby in cooking.

Old 05-23-2010, 01:28 PM #36
mriko
Green Mujaheed

mriko is a name known to allmriko is a name known to allmriko is a name known to allmriko is a name known to allmriko is a name known to allmriko is a name known to allmriko is a name known to allmriko is a name known to allmriko is a name known to allmriko is a name known to allmriko is a name known to all
yep, from Grantham, in the UK. Not much of an exotic sunny origin eheh...

Irie !
"To forbid or even seriously to restrict the use of so gracious an herb as hemp would cause widespread suffering and annoyance and to large bands of worshipped ascetics, deep-seated anger. It would rob the people of a solace in discomfort, of a cure in sickness, of a guardian whose gracious protection saves them from the attacks of evil influences, and whose mightly power makes the devotee of the Victorious, overcoming the demons of hunger and thirst, of panic, fear, of the glamour of Maya or matter, and of madness, able in rest to brood on the Eternal, till the Eternal,possessing him body and soul, frees him from the haunting of self and receives him into the Ocean of Being." Indian Hemp Drugs Commission

"Never doubt that a small group of people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead

"I can, I shall and in the future I will have done" C. Montgomery Burns
mriko is offline Quote

Old 05-28-2010, 02:32 AM #37
organicgreen0

organicgreen0 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hugeblunts View Post
Can you guys give me some "hints and tips" for growing peppers, mainly germination of the bhut jolokia

Currently, my pepper plants are in pure coco. I hear they need a good bit of cal/mag (crinkled leaves are an indication of deficiency)
I haven't got much for general growing tips and there doesn't seem to me much details on the internet for growing peppers. I am basically starting with similar methods to cannabis, as this is my first grow. From there i will refine the methods and ingredients that are suited for peppers.

I do have a good method for sprouting the bhut seeds. I first tried the moist paper towel method. It worked but wasn't particularly fast and the roots got attached to the paper too easily.

The method that works GREAT is rockwool cubes. I soaked the cubes in water with a little lemon juice to adjust my charcoal filtered city tap water down to 6.5ish. Then placed them in a tray with a heating pad under the tray at 85deg F. Then covered the cubes directly with plastic wrap. The normal humidity dome had too much volume and the cubes dried out very quickly. With the plastic wrap i barely had to add any water after the original soak.

With this method i actually had 3 of 4 seeds sprout within 4 days. Bhuts typically take 10-14 days if not more. I had the 4th seeds sprouted at about 10 days.

Good luck.
organicgreen0 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:27 PM #38
KGB47
"It's just a flesh wound"

KGB47 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hugeblunts View Post

I have now:
Bhut jolokia (seeds germinating now- no sprouts yet)
Thai long hot
Thai sky hot
jalapeno
habanero
mandarin (bell pepper variety I think)
Hello fellow Chili head! That's a wonderful line up of chilis you have there, should make for some excellent hot sauces.
I'm currently growing:
2 Serrano
2 Thai Dragon
1 Red Savina Habanero
2 Purira
2 Jolokia (ghost pepper)

A good rule of thumb is to not plant your pepper until the soil is constantly warm, 70-75 degrees is optimal. Long hot days with plenty of sunshine are perfect for chilis. Good growing!

Another fun index: https://www.reimerseeds.com/alphabeti...ting_1027.aspx

Old 06-08-2010, 11:55 PM #39
Frozenguy

Frozenguy is just really niceFrozenguy is just really niceFrozenguy is just really niceFrozenguy is just really niceFrozenguy is just really niceFrozenguy is just really niceFrozenguy is just really niceFrozenguy is just really niceFrozenguy is just really niceFrozenguy is just really nice
Could someone help me out with my peppers?!

So I've grown peppers like this before and have never had a problem until I picked up two IBL's. They are wilting when I put them outside. They are about eight inches tall in 3 gal pots. I got them at 3" tall in small square pots.

A Red Rocoto and a Purple Beauty. I have two hybrids going as well, a Long Red Cayenne and a Big Bell. Those two are perfectly fine

So the hybrids are fine, but my IBLS are wilting in the shade! when the sun hits them they look like they are dieing. I bring them in and they recover (But how much, i heard you are never supposed to let peppers wilt).

Their soil is not dry by any means and they flourish otherwise.
I dont have the room in my cab, and dont want to set up another light if I can use the freaking sun. Whats up? What can I do? This is the fifth day I'm attempting this for an hour to a couple hours each day before I end the torture.

How long does hardening off take and am I doing it wrong? I've never encountered this with any plant.
Frozenguy is offline Quote

Old 06-15-2010, 12:54 AM #40
White-rhino

White-rhino has a spectacular aura aboutWhite-rhino has a spectacular aura aboutWhite-rhino has a spectacular aura about
I'll be doing this recipe for canned salsa this summer:

20 cups peeled, cored, chopped fresh tomatoes (mainly roma & some beefsteak)
5 cups seeded and chopped fresh peppers; or to taste
(using a combination of jalapeno, super chili, habanero)
5 cups chopped onion
20 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 1/2 tablespoons salt
1 7/8 cup cider vinegar
5/8 cup fresh lime juice

(10 quart batch)

Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes. Pour hot salsa into hot pint jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Seal jars with two piece caps. Process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes.

-
First homegrown salsa ever, easy recipe, but....who knows what will happen.
White-rhino is offline Quote