What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

##$$Urkels SuperThread 2010$$##

Scrogerman

Veteran
this summer will be upgraded to a GrowLab GL80L with a 2x4 Ebb and Flood table 2 400s in Daystar ac hoods and 1gal Smart Pots of Ready Gro Moisture formula on flood and drain and I should get over a pound every 8 weeks!

Im loving this idea also dude, i think your onto a real winning formula with Airpots & E&F, Simple & i think will be extreamely efficient. I cant wait to see your results here, what inspired you to run this system, is someone else running a similar system & inspired yourself or is it yourown brainchild bro! Very Nice Idea! also how do you find the the moisture formula?
Peace....Scrog! ;) :tiphat:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Well the 2 400s and a E&F table I wanted and came up with myself but the Smart Pots on Flood and Drain with H&G nutes I got from Mini over at the Bay were I spend a lot of my time these days also. He gets great results and runs 5-8 strains at a time and has no problems!!! That's impressive since I've had problems running different strains with other nutrients but not now! I'm following mjactivist's feeding schedule which Mini helped him with. I just don't have Sweet and Carbo Load and will be going with BudCandy when I start flowering...(hopefully,if not all I have is Sugaree)

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I take pics when I have batteries and too bad if you don't like it, I DON'T LIKE YOU! Stay outta my threads as I've said before....

Back on topic,
So yea things are looking fucking incredible right now all my girls are lovely and all perked up and I got some pics to share of the progress with what I had left in some old batteries I had lol I hate being so damn poor right now!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
update taken on 4-26-10

update taken on 4-26-10

picture.php

Canopy on 4-26-10

picture.php

Magic Merlin1 on 4-26-10

picture.php

Magic Merlin2 on 4-26-10

picture.php

Gorilla Grape on 4-26-10

picture.php

Sugar Cane Kush B&C on 4-26-10

picture.php

picture.php

Sugar Cane Kush pheno B fan leaves 4-26-10 looks like the Hubba Bubba Grape Pheno yea?

picture.php

Strawberry D coffin cut's 1&2 on 4-26-10

picture.php

Strawberry D's up top then left to right on the bottom is Gorilla Grape, Magic Merlin2 and Magic Merlin1 on 4-26-10

and then the batteries dies before I could get a top shot of the Sugar Cane Kush sisters!

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah my friend Sugar Cane Kush plant B does look like it may be a Grape Hubba Bubba Bubble Gum phenotype. If it does in fact end up being that phenotype you are in for some excellent smoke, dark purple buds and weight!

Scrogerman

Veteran
WOW Urk!
Tha`t guy BD must of really upset you fella, ive never seen you say anything like that to anyone before, i hate trolls man, fookin time waisters man. Anyway bro, looking good man,
what do you think the leaf damage is there, looks possibly pest orientated or nute, but? mmm, interesting that, what is your thoughts on that one, hope you got the Hubba Grape Pheno, Mmmm, Hubba Grape Pheno, just rolls off the tounge man! Good luck Thund!
Peace...Scroger!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea I can't stand it when I've stopped bickering with somebody but yet they come to my threads and take lil shots at me worded ever so carefully not to look like to much of a douche but look back through my stuff and you'll see the BD guy just talking shit and after I drop it and don't even look at his shit he still feels he needs to watch my grows...

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
LOL. You got three thousand posts. You got I don't know how many threads. I've seen countless vegging pics. When it comes to the final day of chopping, no pics. Nothing.

I'm not ever so carefully wording shit. Just pointing out the obvious.

Last time I sent you a private message asking how you can be repping Cali when you are growing AZ strains. You had to turn that into some troll flame war attempt. All you had to do was come correct with the info and its no biggie. You wanna call any comment I make a flame, then I won't comment on your whack grows that never show a final product.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
what do you think the leaf damage is there, looks possibly pest orientated or nute, but? mmm, interesting that, what is your thoughts on that one, hope you got the Hubba Grape Pheno, Mmmm, Hubba Grape Pheno, just rolls off the tounge man! Good luck Thund!
Peace...Scroger!

What damage are you speaking of? The close up of SCK? If so the blotchy pattern is a trait of the strain

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Peace...Scroger!

The leaf coloration is a trait passed on within the strain. Most of the time that plants carrying this feature have a certain growth pattern, and scent.

There is no "Hubba Grape" plant. The plants are SUGAR CANE KUSH created by myself and the phenotype that everyone finds to be the keeper is a shorter, more wide leaf, blotchy leaved plant that smells like GRAPE HUBBA BUBBA BUBBLE GUM and turns deep purple (almost black).

Hope that is some helpful information.

:ying:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
REPEAT!!!! It's SUGAR CANE KUSH!!! Not Big Purple! or Hubba Bubba Grape! I know it's got you mad that the hood is renaming your shit as it would piss me off too. I hate when that happens cuz then I get a bag of something I'm told is "This" and then hunt down a clone only to find out it's NOTHING like what I had smoked cuz it was something TOTALLY different in name!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
WoooooooooooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! today I get my new PPM Pen!!! For those of you like me that don't have a lot of money to spend of expensive meters that are over $100 each! Check this out!!!

In the HydroFarm 2010 catalog this pen lists at $45 but I got it on ebay brand new with a 1342ppm Calibration solution for $25 and free shipping!
0026.jpg

FEATURES

* Measures total dissolved solids (TDS) and temperature.
* Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC)
* Water-resistant housing
* Measurement Range: 0-5000 ppm
* Digital Calibration (push button)
* Auto-off function, data-hold function and low-battery indicator.
* Display: large and easy-to-read LCD screen includes simultaneous temperature reading.
* Factory Calibrated: The AquaPro is calibrated with a 342 ppm NaCl solution. The meter can be recalibrated with digital calibration using the push buttons, rather than a screwdriver.
* Includes a cap and batteries.
* Comes in a retail-oriented package.
SPECIFICATIONS

TDS Range: 0-5000 ppm (mg/L)
Temperature Range: 0-80 °C; 32-176 °F
Resolution: 1 ppm; Temp. resolution is 0.1 °C/F
Accuracy: +/- 2%
Conversion Factor: NaCl (avg. 0.5)
Calibration: Digital calibration by push button.
Housing: Water-resistant
Power source: 1 x 3V button cell (included) (model CR2032)
Dimensions: 15 x 2.8 x 1.3 cm (5.9 x 1.1 x .5 inches)
Weight: 42.5 g (1.5 oz)

HM Digital is pretty nice and accurate although they are the only company I have had experience with when it comes to TDS meters and the top of the line pens they have are NICE!!!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Here are the two HM Digital meters that I will be getting this summer and are what I'm going to use on all my grows since I like what they have to offer and everybody I know has different brands lol... One runs a Hanna, one a Milwaukee,another has a Oakton so IMO it's all about dialing in what you have and learn to use with your system ect. Anyway check out these meters as they are REALLY nice and both under $100 each..

0005.jpg

FEATURES

* Measures electrical conductivity (EC), total dissolved solids (TDS) and temperature.
* Three different calibration options (KCl, 442TM, NaCl), each with its own non-linear conversion factor.
* Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC) using three temperature coefficients
* Waterproof housing (IP-67 rating)
* Measurement Range: 0-9990 µS; 0-8560 ppm (auto-ranging).
* Digital Calibration (push button)
* Auto-off function, data-hold function and low-battery indicator.
* Display: large and easy-to-read LCD screen includes simultaneous temperature reading.
* Factory Calibrated: The COM-100 meter is calibrated with a 1413 µS solution. The meter can be recalibrated with digital calibration using the push buttons, rather than a screwdriver.
* Includes a cap, batteries and lanyard.

SPECIFICATIONS

EC Range: 0 - 9990 µS
TDS Range: 0-8560 ppm (mg/L)
Resolution: 0-99: 0.1 µS/ppm; 100-999: 1 µS/ppm; 1000-9990: 10 µS/ppm. Temp. resolution is 0.1 °C/F
Accuracy: +/- 2%
EC to TDS Conversion Factor: Non-linear conversions for KCl, 442TM or NaCl solutions, set by the user.
Calibration: Digital calibration by push button.
Probe: Detachable platinum electrodes
Housing: IP-67 Waterproof (submersible; floats)
Power source: 3 x 1.5V button cell batteries (included)
Dimensions: 18.5 x 3.4 x 3.4 cm (7.3 x 1.3 x 1.3 inches)
Weight: 90.7g (3.2 oz)

See how the COM-100 stacks up against the competition.

0006.jpg

FEATURES

* Measures pH and Temperature
* Auto-ranging three point calibration with digital fine tuning
* Includes 4 pH buffer solution in a sponge embedded in a clear cap
* Waterproof housing (IP-67 rating)
* Simultaneous temperature display
* Measurement Range: 0-14 pH
* Digital automatic calibration (one point), with digital fine tuning
* Auto-off function, data-hold function and low-battery indicator
* Display: large and easy-to-read LCD screen includes simultaneous temperature reading
* Factory Calibrated: The PH-200 meter is three-point factory calibrated to 4, 7, and 10 pH. The meter can be recalibrated with digital calibration using the push buttons, rather than a screwdriver.
* Includes a cap, batteries, lanyard, and pH 7.0 buffer

SPECIFICATIONS

pH Range: 0 - 14
Resolution: 0.01 pH; Temperature resolution is 0.1 °C/F
Accuracy: +/- 0.02 pH
Calibration: Digital automatic calibration (one point) with digital fine tuning
Electrode: Replaceable glass sensor and reference tube electrodes
Housing: IP-67 Waterproof (submersible; floats)
Power source: 3 x 1.5V button cell batteries (included)
Dimensions: 18.5 x 3.4 x 3.4 cm (7.3 x 1.3 x 1.3 inches)
Weight: 96.4 g (3.4 oz)

Be sure to click on the link to see the PDF file comparing the COM-100 to the competition cuz that's really what sold me on it and I can get it on Ebay for $60 with free shipping and the PH-200 for $70

Humboldtkush

Urkle,

How did you like using the smart pots vs air pots? I am having problems with the smart pots and am about to switch all to airpots. Do you water in your tent with the trays or pull the plants out and water them on trays outside of the tent and put them back in?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Urkle,

How did you like using the smart pots vs air pots? I am having problems with the smart pots and am about to switch all to airpots. Do you water in your tent with the trays or pull the plants out and water them on trays outside of the tent and put them back in?

I still don't know yet as I never vegged out shit properly in either of them until this round so I'm not sure. I can say my Strawberry D's in the Smart Pots are really taking off now and I have bright white roots poking out the sides all over the place. I also opened up one of the Air Pots that the Sugar Cane Kush's are in and FUCK ME! I know it's the Roots Excelurator doing the extra cuz compared to last time I've got CRAZY roots going on I'll take some pics cuz I got some batteries last night and they're the Energizer Ultimate Lithium which last 8x's as long as Energizer Max which have lasted longer than the Duracel Power Pix I was getting before so I'll have my camera working for a good while hahaha

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I also opened up one of the Air Pots that the Sugar Cane Kush's are in and FUCK ME! I know it's the Roots Excelurator doing the extra cuz compared to last time I've got CRAZY roots going on

Sugar Cane Kush just throws a massive amount of roots. The roots that I cleaned out of the pots from the little "test" run were massive. Roots everywhere.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Looking good bruz, I'll be tagging you up for this ride.

Peace an Respect

Latest posts

Latest posts