Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Female Seeds > Purple Maroc....

Thread Title Search
Click for great cannabis genetics at Female Seeds!
Purple Maroc.... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-25-2018, 04:29 PM #151
Emeraldo

Emeraldo will become famous soon enoughEmeraldo will become famous soon enough
Purple Maroc update

A week after my last post, here more on the phenotype I like: This is the slim-leafed fast flowering PM. Here two more photos, now about two weeks into flowering. Looking like she'll finish around the end of September.

I chopped the second PM plant (also grown from an S1 seed). She was still in preflower, but I wanted to avoid risk of having a hermaphrodite ruin the whole grow. The stress was showing. Stress due to root damage I caused during transplanting, as well as some heat stress when I left her out in the sun during a heat wave. Her fan leaves had cupped, and the lower fan leaves looked like a potassium deficit (brown edges). Overall her growth was slowed way behind the one below.

Emeraldo is offline Quote

Old 08-25-2018, 06:15 PM #152
hpsskank

hpsskank is on a distinguished road
first one LST and second i top her

PM left
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170826_091556.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	467097 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170826_091534.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	467098
hpsskank is offline Quote

Old 09-02-2018, 12:02 PM #153
hpsskank

hpsskank is on a distinguished road
Purple pheno
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180902_093118.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	467890
hpsskank is offline Quote

Old 09-06-2018, 11:31 AM #154
Female Seeds
Vendor

Female Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really nice
Hey Emeraldo! Thanks for the continuos updates my friend
Sorry to hear about the Purple Maroc you had to throw away...I understand your point about stress but in general PM is a stable strain, meaning that you can play a lot around it and, in most cases, you won't have any issue. But, again, it is up to you and as far as I understand she was in a tricky situation already.

About your favorite pheno of the PM. Glad to hear that she will finish by the end of september, that's actually ideal. And nice job with the fimming, sure you are going to have a good harvest, no worries about that.
Besides the fact that you started at the end of June, she luckily started flowering by the half of august and like this, she still had 6 weeks of vegging and that's not that bad after all.

Best of luck mate and I'll check back in on the next update

Take care,
Mr B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldo View Post
A week after my last post, here more on the phenotype I like: This is the slim-leafed fast flowering PM. Here two more photos, now about two weeks into flowering. Looking like she'll finish around the end of September.

I chopped the second PM plant (also grown from an S1 seed). She was still in preflower, but I wanted to avoid risk of having a hermaphrodite ruin the whole grow. The stress was showing. Stress due to root damage I caused during transplanting, as well as some heat stress when I left her out in the sun during a heat wave. Her fan leaves had cupped, and the lower fan leaves looked like a potassium deficit (brown edges). Overall her growth was slowed way behind the one below.

View Image View Image

Old 09-06-2018, 11:35 AM #155
Female Seeds
Vendor

Female Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really nice
Hey hpsskank! Thanks for sharing these pictures with us, much appreciated. Looks like you will have a good harvest this year, plants look great

Love the fact that you tried both LST and topping on your plants, good way of experimenting and trying out

Do you have any info concerning germination and starting of the flowering stage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpsskank View Post
first one LST and second i top her

PM left
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpsskank View Post
Purple pheno

That's the one we all want

Best of luck in the upcoming weeks,

Cheers ,

Mr B.

Old 09-09-2018, 03:37 PM #156
Emeraldo

hspskank, your Purple Marocs are coming along nicely. How long have they been in flower?

Bean, as always great to hear from you.

I was grateful for your advice back in June but decided to try my luck with the S1's anyway. Am growing one plant out at this point, given to me by my favorite plant from last year.

Yes, Purple Maroc is a stable strain, as can be seen in the fact I got an identical pheno this year. This is the pheno I really like and is in the photo posted here over the past weeks. The other plant just didn't have the same look, and when you add on the stress factors, I had to decide. Both plants are shown below.

There was another reason I had to chop the other plant: Going on vacation! Being away for a few weeks raised a lot of questions. There was the problem of ensuring the plants will have water. (For water I decided to use multiple "Blumats" on each plant with about 20 liters for each to draw on.) But if the stressed plant did herm it would ruin all the other plants in the grow.

Fortunately I already knew the pheno I was hoping for had made her appearance, so being risk adverse, I decided to chop. We'll see how she does in a few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Female Seeds View Post
Hey Emeraldo! Thanks for the continuos updates my friend
Sorry to hear about the Purple Maroc you had to throw away...I understand your point about stress but in general PM is a stable strain, meaning that you can play a lot around it and, in most cases, you won't have any issue. But, again, it is up to you and as far as I understand she was in a tricky situation already.

About your favorite pheno of the PM. Glad to hear that she will finish by the end of september, that's actually ideal. And nice job with the fimming, sure you are going to have a good harvest, no worries about that.
Besides the fact that you started at the end of June, she luckily started flowering by the half of august and like this, she still had 6 weeks of vegging and that's not that bad after all.

Best of luck mate and I'll check back in on the next update

Take care,
Mr B.

Last edited by Emeraldo; 09-09-2018 at 03:52 PM..

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:32 PM #157
Female Seeds
Vendor

You did well, you are an experienced Purple M. grower
I was trying to share suggestions and opinions. In the end is you who decides what to do according to your growing technique

Vacation are indeed a good reason, now I understand the context even better.
Anyhow, the slim-leafed fast flowering PM it's a classic. It's a precious pheno actually.

Thanks for the pictures, really like the clean structure actually.

Take care,
Mr B.

Quote:
hspskank, your Purple Marocs are coming along nicely. How long have they been in flower?

Bean, as always great to hear from you.

I was grateful for your advice back in June but decided to try my luck with the S1's anyway. Am growing one plant out at this point, given to me by my favorite plant from last year.

Yes, Purple Maroc is a stable strain, as can be seen in the fact I got an identical pheno this year. This is the pheno I really like and is in the photo posted here over the past weeks. The other plant just didn't have the same look, and when you add on the stress factors, I had to decide. Both plants are shown below.

There was another reason I had to chop the other plant: Going on vacation! Being away for a few weeks raised a lot of questions. There was the problem of ensuring the plants will have water. (For water I decided to use multiple "Blumats" on each plant with about 20 liters for each to draw on.) But if the stressed plant did herm it would ruin all the other plants in the grow.

Fortunately I already knew the pheno I was hoping for had made her appearance, so being risk adverse, I decided to chop. We'll see how she does in a few weeks.

View Image View Image View Image

Old 10-01-2018, 01:21 PM #158
Emeraldo

Bean

As always, a pleasure to hear from you. If two grows qualifies me as an "experienced PM grower", then I accept the honor.

But here's the update: Today is October 1 and I just returned from a month away on vacation. The PM I left on her own (with adequate watering by means of "Blumats" -- see photo of watering setup) on September 3 was in good shape on my arrival yesterday and looks like she is truly ready for harvest today.

She was outside the whole time, without any "acceleration" by nights in the dark room. As the photos taken today show, she is very ripe, nearly all pistils have gone brown or purple.

I was a bit worried about the time away. But the weather was absolutely great (I was checking the local weather), rain on two days which was a good thing but mostly sunny and temperatures in the mid-twenties. Not something you can count on in September, but I guess I lucked out.

Anyway, thanks for your moral support. I am thinking of trying your Outdoor Grapefruit next season...

Cheers,

Emeraldo

Old 10-11-2018, 01:10 PM #159
Female Seeds
Vendor

The number of grows counts of course, but it's also how you approach a grow that matters too. Besides that, I always enjoy reading your experiences and your detailed descriptions combined with pleasant conversations

Great news, she looked indeed ready. Happy to see that your watering method worked well. Yep, temperatures lately are quite unexpectedly high, here in The Netherlands is also a bit strange...

Outdoor Grapefruit? Why not Critical Sour too ?

take care my friend,

Cheers,
Mr B.

Quote:
Bean

As always, a pleasure to hear from you. If two grows qualifies me as an "experienced PM grower", then I accept the honor.

But here's the update: Today is October 1 and I just returned from a month away on vacation. The PM I left on her own (with adequate watering by means of "Blumats" -- see photo of watering setup) on September 3 was in good shape on my arrival yesterday and looks like she is truly ready for harvest today.

She was outside the whole time, without any "acceleration" by nights in the dark room. As the photos taken today show, she is very ripe, nearly all pistils have gone brown or purple.

I was a bit worried about the time away. But the weather was absolutely great (I was checking the local weather), rain on two days which was a good thing but mostly sunny and temperatures in the mid-twenties. Not something you can count on in September, but I guess I lucked out.

Anyway, thanks for your moral support. I am thinking of trying your Outdoor Grapefruit next season...

Cheers,

Emeraldo

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image