Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hobbies and Interests > You are given a lump sum of $25,000. What would you do?

Thread Title Search
You are given a lump sum of $25,000. What would you do? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-27-2010, 04:57 PM #41
Nicoli
Banned

Nicoli is a glorious beacon of lightNicoli is a glorious beacon of lightNicoli is a glorious beacon of lightNicoli is a glorious beacon of lightNicoli is a glorious beacon of lightNicoli is a glorious beacon of lightNicoli is a glorious beacon of lightNicoli is a glorious beacon of lightNicoli is a glorious beacon of lightNicoli is a glorious beacon of lightNicoli is a glorious beacon of light
I would buy the fanciest pair of shoes I could find. You know, something I need.
Nicoli is offline Quote

Old 03-27-2010, 05:10 PM #42
habeeb
follow your heart

habeeb has disabled reputation
kinda not sure anyone understands how little 25k is. yeah it might be alot to people who have two dollars, but 25k is nothing really, and can be spent on pointless crap in no time. also where are you going to buy land in a clean safe area in the US for anything under 700k??? we also just might have really different standards then..

I say buy something nice for 1-2k that you've wanted, and keep the rest for emergency..

We all have different standards and how we do things, but if you want to feel good when you go to the bank, I say leave it there. rich people stay rich by saving, not spending..

at the end of the day, you need to listen to your instincts as it will never guide you wrong..
habeeb is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:56 PM #43
Strainhunter
Tropical Outcast

Strainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by habeeb View Post

We all have different standards and how we do things, but if you want to feel good when you go to the bank, I say leave it there. rich people stay rich by saving, not spending..

at the end of the day, you need to listen to your instincts as it will never guide you wrong..

So you're saying leaving money @ a bank these days is supposed to make you feel good?

I'd say it's more like exactly the opposite!
In this country they can take it from you in a heart beat...and there's nothing you'd be able to do about it.

Something every grower "on the grid" should be aware of:

Smart Meters - a few common misconceptions cleared up here.

Strainhunter is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:02 PM #44
nukkumatti

Get a bungalow in the middle of some tropical waters and fuck off for the whole negative greedy world!

Old 03-27-2010, 06:05 PM #45
Strainhunter
Tropical Outcast

Strainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukkumatti View Post

Get a bungalow in the middle of some tropical waters
and fuck off for the whole negative greedy world!

LOL funny you said that...you know...after a while doing that get's old real quick!

Old 03-27-2010, 06:08 PM #46
snowtiko

buy stuff to make my own recording studio

Old 03-27-2010, 06:20 PM #47
s13sr20det
admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.

Location: Paddling my boat up the dum dum river, planting shitapple trees
s13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud of
buy acreage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest 88950 View Post
you 1st need to get results before "Kickin' it up a notch"........example: if your 1st plants die from ph off, then not killing the next plant would be "Kickin' it up a notch"
s13sr20det is offline Quote

Old 03-27-2010, 06:26 PM #48
Strainhunter
Tropical Outcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13sr20det View Post
buy acreage

Don't know where you would do that...but these days you can buy plenty of acreage for just a few grand - out of nowhere in a all year around plant friendly climate!

Old 03-27-2010, 06:31 PM #49
s13sr20det
admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.

Location: Paddling my boat up the dum dum river, planting shitapple trees
s13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud of
it definitely wouldnt be on a tropical island

there is rural land in the southern us that goes for 2k-3k, so 10 or so acres for my homestead would be plenty for me (for now )

peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest 88950 View Post
you 1st need to get results before "Kickin' it up a notch"........example: if your 1st plants die from ph off, then not killing the next plant would be "Kickin' it up a notch"
s13sr20det is offline Quote

Old 03-27-2010, 07:10 PM #50
hardraade

hardraade is on a distinguished road
In scand. theres a lot of old military sites thats being sold off insanely cheap. It goes for about 100 000 kr. roughly 20 k of u'r prescious dollars
But bare in mind, that the status on these things vary from the german ww2 bunkers to 1980 when the modern radarsystem that didnt need all the basestations, was launched.
the germans build well over 7000 bunkers just in the western Norway.
Many biiig submarine bunkers with 5 m thick walls.
cool enough for u?
hardraade is offline Quote