Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hobbies and Interests > You are given a lump sum of $25,000. What would you do?

Thread Title Search
You are given a lump sum of $25,000. What would you do? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2010, 03:23 AM #21
jarff

jarff has a spectacular aura aboutjarff has a spectacular aura aboutjarff has a spectacular aura about
The grown up kids and the grndchildren would make short work of it....
If I had enuff left over I,d pay my light bill

jarff

Old 03-16-2010, 03:25 AM #22
fireman22

fireman22 will become famous soon enough
hookers and blow

or

bananas and blow

Check out my grow
fireman22 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:26 AM #23
MarquisBlack
St. Elsewhere

MarquisBlack is just really niceMarquisBlack is just really niceMarquisBlack is just really niceMarquisBlack is just really niceMarquisBlack is just really niceMarquisBlack is just really niceMarquisBlack is just really niceMarquisBlack is just really niceMarquisBlack is just really niceMarquisBlack is just really niceMarquisBlack is just really nice
$10,000 for a plot of farmable land.

~$6000 down on 6 months rent on a nice house with a cool land lord.

~$4,000 for grow equipment.

Sit on about $5,000.

6 months later I could have a house built with the money made from the rental. Probably spend $1000 on Gold and Silver in there somewhere.. Maybe a case of ammo?

Old 03-16-2010, 03:36 AM #24
Snagglepuss
warrior on the edge of time

Snagglepuss is just really niceSnagglepuss is just really niceSnagglepuss is just really niceSnagglepuss is just really niceSnagglepuss is just really niceSnagglepuss is just really niceSnagglepuss is just really niceSnagglepuss is just really niceSnagglepuss is just really niceSnagglepuss is just really niceSnagglepuss is just really nice
have a similar situation comming in the next 10 years.I'd pay up my bills ,store my stuff with the folks,if im not still living at the same place. And head off to Nepal 1/2 year then Se asia the other half year.Then come back to deal with the rat race again.....

Spaced out "Spice of Life" fanatic......
Snagglepuss is offline Quote

Old 03-16-2010, 06:33 AM #25
hippie_lettuce
Garden Nymph

hippie_lettuce is a glorious beacon of lighthippie_lettuce is a glorious beacon of lighthippie_lettuce is a glorious beacon of lighthippie_lettuce is a glorious beacon of lighthippie_lettuce is a glorious beacon of lighthippie_lettuce is a glorious beacon of lighthippie_lettuce is a glorious beacon of lighthippie_lettuce is a glorious beacon of lighthippie_lettuce is a glorious beacon of lighthippie_lettuce is a glorious beacon of lighthippie_lettuce is a glorious beacon of light
Either buy some land or build a cordwood house.
hippie_lettuce is offline Quote

Old 03-16-2010, 06:53 AM #26
Hammerhead
Tired Farmer

Hammerhead has disabled reputation
Hammerhead has completed 5 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Im going to find a nice plot of land in the triangle and live the rest of my life there.

Oh and for those of you that have plenty of cash you can invest in me. You can come visit me anytime and site on my porch with me

#hammerheadgenetics
Hammerhead is offline Quote

Old 03-16-2010, 08:01 AM #27
Strainhunter
Tropical Outcast

Strainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to all
Got to Spain where you can grow legally and openly.

Something every grower "on the grid" should be aware of:

Smart Meters - a few common misconceptions cleared up here.

Strainhunter is offline Quote

Old 03-16-2010, 10:48 AM #28
blackone

blackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really nice
Pay off debt - treat my gf and my kid - and then work on getting out of that damn house I'm stuck with.
blackone is offline Quote

Old 03-16-2010, 10:58 AM #29
verticalgrower

Location: high up in the mountains in the land of bad grammar
verticalgrower is on a distinguished road
if i was not going to use it to make more cash i would have to use it to make a low budget zombie movie . kinda over done but it would be fun as hell and since no low budget zombie movie is complete without a hot naked chick id get to see alot of nice racks lookin for the right actress lol
verticalgrower is offline Quote

Old 03-16-2010, 11:04 AM #30
Space Toker

Space Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoldyFrogToe View Post
Taxes are taken care of for your gift and you have $25,000.
Now what? What would *you* do?
yikes you offering something? let me get back to you on that one!
well seriously this takes some thought, I would like to blow it at Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun since it is not too far a drive and I could win something, or I could get some kickass telescope and discover a comet destined to hit Earth and save humanity or something, and warn people in time to save all life on this planet, yeah I'd call that one hell of a valid reason for existing! So I don't know, too profound, will get back to you on that! Great thread!