Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > > Doubleruder II X Royal Dane <> 250W HPS <> Soil <

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
> Doubleruder II X Royal Dane <> 250W HPS <> Soil < Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-20-2010, 11:11 PM #11
UnNatuReal

UnNatuReal is on a distinguished road
19.1.2010: I think I have 4 males now.

20.1.2010: Damn, seems I'm getting a lot of males...

Maybe Royal Dane genetics are so much more dominating than Doubleruder II genetics, that it's causing this, or it can be just about luck and/or growing conditions.

Now the plants are placed so that suspected males are behind, too early to say however, only two at right of front are not forming any preflowers yet, and on others those looks more like male flowers.. Well, I hope that little sweetie at center on front will be female at least, but starts to look that I should start some other project besides this if want to get more bud.

UnNatuReal is offline Quote

Old 01-23-2010, 04:43 PM #12
Siberian

Siberian will become famous soon enoughSiberian will become famous soon enough
Damn..keeping my fingers crossed for more ladies.

"There is nothing more diplomatic than a finnish person with an AK47."
Siberian is offline Quote

Old 01-24-2010, 01:02 AM #13
UnNatuReal

At least I'm getting nice selection of males to choose from

21-22.1.2010: Trying to identify plant genders.

23-24.1.2010: My formerly "sweetie" looks like to be male too. BUT most sativa look plant what was runted at begining might be female (I really hope it will). Also there is one suspect male what I'm not sure yet at all (plant on left of front at last pic). 4 of males are 100% sure, if they don't decide to change gender, and rest are much like.

Old 01-27-2010, 11:24 AM #14
UnNatuReal

25.1.2010: Most sativa look plant seems to be male too. I have still that one what could be female...

26.1.2010: Rose pots are getting too little, but because these are not fully autoflowering plants that does not bother me too much, and I still wait before any possible replantings.

27.1.2010: First pistil !! On a plant what had also some much like male preflowers (but not one of sure males). I tried to scratch all other preflowers out of it and wish it will continue forming female flowers.

There has to be something on my grow conditions what is trying to turn borderline cases on male side, too much red light and too warm maybe.. Still also getting mostly males can be about luck or genetics as I speculated earlier...

I don't replant that one yet. Waiting for one plant to show gender. 7 of plants are starting to have clusters of stamens. Btw, these are still on 24 hours of lights.

Pics of all and pistil plant:

Old 01-28-2010, 07:54 AM #15
UnNatuReal

28.1.2010: Last unidentified plant shows pistil too!

Now I have two females for replanting and seven males to choose from as father(s?) to next generation.

Smallest male won't be one. 3-4 biggest males are maybe not good choise, because they might be pure Royal Danes... One of them is also hardly branching, so that is out of plans anyway. Not sure about a bit sativa look male, not good for stabilising maybe..

Maybe I choose only one male what looks very similar to first shown female. Second female looks a bit different than any other of plants.

I have some time to think and hear opinions before do anything radical

Old 01-28-2010, 03:09 PM #16
Siberian

Siberian will become famous soon enoughSiberian will become famous soon enough
Well..two is better than nothing..Do I see a little lack of Mg in some plants?

"There is nothing more diplomatic than a finnish person with an AK47."
Siberian is offline Quote

Old 01-28-2010, 04:09 PM #17
UnNatuReal

Yes, these can lack a little of Mg or somehing else too. Recycled soil is not most rich one One Part what I have given includes magnesium, but maybe I should been giving it more (at last watering I gave it quite a lot).

There has been a little break on my growings and in some cases I'm like a newbie again

Also third plant decided to start grow pistils... And that had some sure stamens... I don't think it is hermaphrodite (or I hope it is not), because I have seen this sometimes before on autoflower genetics, males changing gender permanently to female.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:06 PM #18
UnNatuReal

29.1.2010: Had to do some decisions.. I can't wait to see if some male still want to start grow pistils, because plants have run out of rootspace and some males can start to release pollen soon. So, I started what I continued next day.

30.1.2010: I replanted three females to bigger pot, all together without separating.

Choosed that nice medium size male for next gen what I thought earlier. That is also fastest flowerer, even some others were not far behind. It was quite easy to choose at last, because all others had some things what I did not liked to compared to this one and females. Well, thats not maybe still perfect, but good enough.

31.1.2010: Nothing special happened.

1.2.2010: Plants are starting to feel much better now.

2.2.2010: Male has opened first pollen sacks.

I think I switch to 12/12 flowering soon. Any ideas how much these could stretch in flowering? Doubleruder II can reduce strecthing of Royal Dane some what (and hopefully it will).

These are on semiflowering now, I mean they have started flowering and will continue it faster when switch to 12/12. It is confusing when both are called sometimes semi-autoflowering, starting flowering before switch to flowering and fully flowering in long day like 18/6.

Anyway, females look like that today:

Old 02-02-2010, 05:37 PM #19
Suomi-Prkl

Suomi-Prkl is just really niceSuomi-Prkl is just really niceSuomi-Prkl is just really niceSuomi-Prkl is just really niceSuomi-Prkl is just really niceSuomi-Prkl is just really niceSuomi-Prkl is just really niceSuomi-Prkl is just really niceSuomi-Prkl is just really nice
they do look a lot like royal danes i've seen. what light schedule are you now in? maybe gradually go to something like 14/10, within a months period ? imitating outdoor.

i would suggest some lst/tying methods with those, they can really put some size in them if flipped straight, being outdoorplants and all..

looks good anyways, great that you posted a diary!

Suomi-Prkl is offline Quote

Old 02-03-2010, 01:16 AM #20
UnNatuReal

Hi Suomi-Prkl,

These are still on 24 hours of lights schedule. I have been too lazy to think about imitating outdoor But thats a good idea.. Maybe I first reduce to 18/6 and look what happens before go to 12/12.

Some LST to two bigger females could be good, but I'm happy even without maximum yield. Maybe I do some very ligth LST, if don't want to see how these will look without