What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Newbie female here and questions on good stuff for PMS?

Helps Me

Hey all, and goody to find a Women's Forum here! :)

I intro'd myself in Introductions, but will do so again, here.

I've been self-medicating for hormone-balance, PMS, Pre-Menopause issues, appetite stimulant and severe Insomnia.

I wish to know the best kinds for the above issues, please! I'm also a 'studier' of THC's effects on the hormonal systems as well as other systems (the thyroid, adrenals, neurotransmitters, etc). So if anybody could point me to any links here all about that, I'll be happily voraciously reading it asap!

For now tho, I've noticed that whenever I take just one or 2 hits (and only do so in evenings, usually right before bed). Notice it's been having a positive, calming impact on my moods, and specifically my PMS type symptoms...to such a degree that I can go all the next day WITHOUT taking my Soy Milk and natural female herbal hormonal balance pills! Cool, huh? :)

I have lots more questions along this line, but just glad to find other girls of like-mind to chat with!

Helps Me

Rainbowls

hi! im self medicating mainly for headaches caused by epilepsy but i do self medicate for PMS and just overall better mental health. I do suffer from a form of insomnia, but severe? no just a mild case. It def helps with a mild case though.

I like to smoke AK-47 before bed and some type of sativa during the day. The Ak is something i like to call a sleepy time herb (kinda like sleepy time tea?), very relaxing and yummy but it doesn't knock me out so bad that I can't concentrate and cant do anything the next day. It gives me just enough energy to get through the getting ready for bed process and slowly knocks me out the second my head hits the pillow. It def has one of those "dont operate heavy machinery while on this" warnings on it. I def recommend this.

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
Hi there Helps_Me,

Welcome to ICMag! I read that you are self-medicating for hormone balance...I was wondering for what hormones? I'm especially interested in the thyroid and how cannabis may or may not have any benefits for hormonal balance in relation to the thyroid. I have been tested for hormonal imbalance for my thyroid and I think my pituitary gland, but nothing was conclusive, though I still think my hormones are unbalanced.

Hope to see ya around!

Helps Me

Hey thanks for your replies.

Hippie: I'm still self-studying THC's effects on the Thyroid, cuz I also wanna know. But...go into my Profile and look at my other Posts. In one of 'em I post a bit of info I found about THC and the thyroid.

I'm also trying to study how mj might affect other supplements one might take (vitamins, minerals, amino-acids, other herbs, etc). I want to know if THC helps or hinders anything else one might take.

Anyways: Thanks for the strains that have helped you with your insomnia, Rain! I'll check those out! :)

Dödsknark

Hashberry lets me sleep well. I know that is not very helpful but it's what I got. Tastes and smells deeelicious. No knockout smoke. Makes eyelids heavy and mood soft and relaxed.

Good luck!

I have a patient who is going through menopause and she really likes my BHO lollipops/lozenges to help with the icky feeling and hot flashes, she says they work miricles on her.

For myself I like buddah's sister (soma) for PMS symptoms and also strawberry cough. Both of these strains help with pain relief and mood elevation in my experience. Mendocino purps is also really nice, alas it is a horrible yeilder and is now no longer in my garden.

Cannaluv

Flo is a great sativa for the day time.. It seems to help balance my hormones and truly relieves my cramps.

Blaz3

Hey sweety,I can 200% say a nice,heavy,potent,overripe indica is GREAT for a girl's periods..I lvie with my gf at home,and thats all she'll smoke around that time of the month.try it